MULTI 6.6.16/17/18 - Miui 8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In 6.6.18 rom of redmi note 3 pro the camera does not work, open the application

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 3 mediante Tapatalk

6.6.17 tested on RN3Pro and no any issue (EN system lang + full wipe) I am going to test 6.6.18 as well on RN3Pro this evening...

Reactions: delboy
I've upgraded my Note 3 Pro from 6.6.17 to 6.6.18 to fix freeze when cleaning memory (dirty flash) and phone started to overheat, battery's also drained very fast, while on 6.6.17 it achieved 9h SOT. Similar thing happened with my girlfriend's Redmi 3 Pro, updated from 6.5.26 to 6.6.18. Is it some problem with 6.6.18 or it has to be clean flashed?

Ok update on my RN2, did a full wipe and FC on themes is gone, everything working fine battery seems improved good job

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 2 através de Tapatalk

Impossible to find battery profils in Security app > battery. Has this option been removed from miui ???

Impossible to find battery profils in Security app > battery. Has this option been removed from miui ???
There's an option under battery-saver to switch profiles, but no profiles available.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

I've upgraded my Note 3 Pro from 6.6.17 to 6.6.18 to fix freeze when cleaning memory (dirty flash) and phone started to overheat, battery's also drained very fast, while on 6.6.17 it achieved 9h SOT. Similar thing happened with my girlfriend's Redmi 3 Pro, updated from 6.5.26 to 6.6.18. Is it some problem with 6.6.18 or it has to be clean flashed?
Do a clean instalation..

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Mi4 lte and miui 8. Bug Hotspot WiFi can not set password- protected network

Sono un portatore sano d'ignoranza, ma vi rispondo con il mio Mi4 Lte.

Reactions: thaimax
Finally my app can show a nice notif in mi5!! I want to share, im sorry if this discuss yet before.
1. Go to settings
2. Open the additional settings and go to developer options
3. Turn off the miui optimization and restart
4. Select the app you want to
5. Look at the permission manager and enable all of them
6. If you feel the memory RAM or battery drain faster, enable again the miui optimization
Hope this will help!! Thanks dev!

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

MIUI v8 6.6.17 on my Redmi note 3 pro charging is slower.
I'm downloading v8 6.6.18 and i will re-test charge process.

Arfff my first deception with this miui 8... The issue with the camera resolution on the mi2/s 32 go hasn't been solved : pictures are still in 9Mpix with so much noise, and not at 13M as they were before march 2016.... Very very desapointed about that.... Photos quality has really decreased since an update in march. i openned a discussion on en.miui.com for about a month, and nothing has been made about that....

In English please!
Sorry my English....
I have not unlocked bootloader , tired of waiting for SMS , but I did not stop to install TWRP and last dev.ver. 6.5.26 at Redmi 3. Currently installed miui 8 dev.ver. 6.6.18 from miui.eu.Error not. The only disadvantage of a long first boot. In ver.6.6.23 promise to speed up by 50 % . In comparison to 06.06.17 finalized , does not eat memory of freedom about 1.2 Gb, enhanced smoothness and response to touch ,added features in the section for developers to slow down , there is now in the purification of running processes . No complaints . Again not unlocked bootloader and it is not an obstacle to bet any firmware on the phone. I use the advantages and lock assembly and developer at the same time . If you need help with the installation can help with detailed instructions .

There's an option under battery-saver to switch profiles, but no profiles available.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk
Yes, I've seen it, but there is no option to edit or create a profil....

Last edited:
Hi,
my Redmi 2 (HM2014811) is already on Miui 6.5.19 based on Android 5.1.1 (xiaomi.eu ROM from here)
Can i simply update to miui8 without wiping anything?

Thanks

Hi,
my Redmi 2 (HM2014811) is already on Miui 6.5.19 based on Android 5.1.1 (xiaomi.eu ROM from here)
Can i simply update to miui8 without wiping anything?

Thanks

Wipe data recommended to avoid potential issues, but first you can try to update without any wipe. The worst thing that can be happen is you will get some FCs after the update, but you can still make factory reset...

Reactions: Stefano131270
stable china rom 7.5.4 for mi5 is available, could we have xiaomi.eu multi language of it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.