• YES

Votes: 355 91.0%
  • NO

Votes: 35 9.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
when mount, just check system,right?
by the way, when I flash this rom for the first time, this fail but I do it again, it's ok? Is this a problem?
Look at launcher for app saying something about installing superuser(can't remember what exactly saying) or if you can't find it go to Google Playstore and download SuperSu. Run SuperSu and install binaries from it.
Reboot phone.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

Do I need to wipe all my data if I'm updating from 6.4.7?
Can I use updater?
Better flash directly from twrp.
You don't need to wipe all data, but if you don't have any important thing or you backed up important personal data i would recommend to wipe all data.

i wish miui wasn't so aggressive on memory management, facebook messenger chat heads are very untable because of this. every time i have to allow messenger to draw over other apps. pebble has issues as well, every now and then i need to enable accessability settings for the pebble app

disable "memory optimization" in Developer Options and you should be good

hii. i want to ask, i have Mi4c. and i have "libra_V7.3.2.0.LXKCNDD_v7-5.1" rom installed. (i bought it like this)

when i try to go to about phone -> check for updates. its allways say no updates.
and now for my first time i see alot of newr version for my phone.

now i want to install last stable "multi_MI4c_V8.0.4.0.LXKCNDG_v8-5.1" and i want to know i i will recive updates via wireless update and not need to flash roms via pc or i dont know how.

thank you all

Mi5 Bug (but affects all models I think):
Market and Chrome downloads through WiFi still capped to about 300 kb/s, with the occasional faster spike.
You think wrong...
d682b9b39f2a0166d67f3439d05ae45e.jpg

8ef1281e21e99d34679ecad1348d4f3b.jpg

Enviado do meu MI 4LTE através de Tapatalk

hii. i want to ask, i have Mi4c. and i have "libra_V7.3.2.0.LXKCNDD_v7-5.1" rom installed. (i bought it like this)

when i try to go to about phone -> check for updates. its allways say no updates.
and now for my first time i see alot of newr version for my phone.

now i want to install last stable "multi_MI4c_V8.0.4.0.LXKCNDG_v8-5.1" and i want to know i i will recive updates via wireless update and not need to flash roms via pc or i dont know how.

thank you all
Big chances that you'll not receive updates from eu xiaomi. You'll need to visit forum and download new room manually if you like what new rom gives you.

Big chances that you'll not receive updates from eu xiaomi. You'll need to visit forum and download new room manually if you like what new rom gives you.

but i see that its not so easy to install new roms. i need to "format" my phone every time.
install apps / accounts and all this stuff every time.

i cant beleve there is no easiest way

My redmi 3 pro fuc*ed up!

Doesnt boot stuck at mi logo and i cant enter recovery mode
The Same here :( could i reflash 5.1 rom?

edit : the Solution is to reflash the new rom a second time ,the phone is upgrading now ,thank you so much and sorry for my english ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: SquAlex
but i see that its not so easy to install new roms. i need to "format" my phone every time.

There's no need to do a full wipe at every update, unless there are big changes that require it.

sent from my Mi5

This procedure isn't here to make other life hard, it says alot how hard was to make rom working to your device from eu devs.
Second, it could be that procedure is made in that way so that you don't brick your phone.

This time as you want to move from MIUI 7 to MIUI 8, format device is recommended, but this doesn't mean you have to reinstall and reconfigure everything, just make a MIUI backup before updating, and restore it after the installation is complete
BTW, I don't know how much time you have been without updating, so if you want to update, make sure you have TWRP installed

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.