Do you like this MIUI version?

• YES

Votes: 355 91.0%
  • NO

Votes: 35 9.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why I can't flash twrp from updater app? I'm on 6.1.28. Phone Boot into mi recover with error flashing...
No twrp no MIUI 8 ;)

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Why I can't flash twrp from updater app? I'm on 6.1.28. Phone Boot into mi recover with error flashing...
No twrp no MIUI 8 ;)

To flash twrp you need to make it via fastboot with adb commands

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

No twrp no MIUI 8 ;)

follow procedures of flashing twrp and rom don't just experiment or you'll brick your device.
Flash twrp from fastboot by adb.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

Can I have a small suggestion for 6.8.13/15 updates?
Please update the gapps as the all the minimal gapps got updates and we always need to update installed gapps after clean flash.

Please update the gapps as the all the minimal gapps got updates and we always need to update installed gapps after clean flash.
no reason to put bigger apps to the system.. space there is running low...

More of them more problems especially if you filling system with them.
As it is you have better control on Google Apps, if you wish some more you can freely install from Google Playstore.
Personally avoid having google aps which don't need on my phone, reason is simple don't like that google and locations services eat my battery. Also you have more problem dealing with notorious google play services if something get stucked and keeps your device wake.

Go to settings, installed apps, find Telegram, custom notification and check if you have enabled sound and vibration.
If that's enabled, try to clear dalvik and cache in twrp.
If you restored telegram from local/miui backup/titanium, uninstall telegram and install again from Google Playstore.

I did all of this but it did not help... still no notification sound from Telegram. K9-Mail notifications work.

Check settings in telegram, try to change notification sound in telegram.

Strange... I did not change anything but it works now... I guess the earlier recommendations worked and I did not notice. I guess the reinstallation from Playstore and clear dalvik/cache might have been the resolution.
I hope this is now stable.
Thanks for your help.

Reactions: severica25
What experiment??
I followed procedure...

//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/57d934e...9-03-325_com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity.png?

Read first post...
"install Twrp via fastboot mode then install our rom"
And your screenshot is about how old post?
My wild guess, you have some old version rom, following installation from old post about how to install old version of twrp and old versions of miui, and your goal is to install new version of Twrp so that you can install new miui 8?
I hope that you see flaw in this logic.

Last edited:
Hello , from the earliest versions have never been able to set pictures from backgrounds menu, now in the last two weekly versions no longer works use with one hand , can you help ?

@ingbrzy Hi.. Could you please inform us as to why MIUI 8 is not available for MI 4i? Whether you have stopped the deveolpment for that device or can we expect it in future? Please answer so that we stop pestering you.

Reactions: ko3igon
Read first post...
"install Twrp via fastboot mode then install our rom"
And your screenshot is about how old post?
My wild guess, you have some old version rom, following installation from old post about how to install old version of twrp and old versions of miui, and your goal is to install new version of Twrp so that you can install new miui 8?
I hope that you see flaw in this logic.

Can u please put up a more recent way of flashing twrp or link pointing to it. I'm also having same problem flashing twrp recovery on my redmi note3 Hennessy

Read this: http://en.miui.com/thread-58144-1-1.html

That is how you can get it.
Still can't understand why ppl wanna use Chinese online file storage, lets forget privacy concerns but syncing files over great chinese firewall... Speed problems, syncing service problem, what every battery loves.
If a person lives in China ok but users outside China have huuge and much better choice...

Reactions: Bart.Jeroen
Can u please put up a more recent way of flashing twrp or link pointing to it. I'm also having same problem flashing twrp recovery on my redmi note3 Hennessy
Unfortunately can't help you, youll need carefully read first post and follow links there, also check on official forum, flashing procedure is almost allways the same with fastboot.
Maybe some other user of your device could guide you more.

yeah through fastboot. and cofface twrp 3.0. fastboot recovery twrp.img it was a command like this. I know how to do cuz I did before.
If I find redmi 3 users, I will ask, thanks.
This is a fine way to flash the recovery, make sure you have the recovery image in your adb folder and fastboot is working. And start the cmd from the adb folder/browse to adb folder in cmd before entering fastboot command.

Reactions: amadika
Status
Not open for further replies.