MIUI 9.1 7.11.16

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
currently I´m using 7.11.9 beta. I want to update to new version but the three dot menue in the updater to enter the recover modus is not working. I tried it with fastboot also but it stucks at the fastboot logo.
Is there any other way to reach twrp?
Thanks in advance
What type of Phone ?

Stable is good, but I've returned to developer rom because of new features coming out all the time. My problem now is Misc Files. What about your Misc Files storage?

Sorry, where can I check my Misc Files storage?

i wanted to install this rom instread of the Global version on my mi6. However, my phone ends up in a bootloop after flashing the rom and rebooting. Seems to be going well, no error messages etc.

I've tried:
  • Waiting for more than 20 minutes
  • Wiping Dalvik cache (via twrp)
  • Reflashing a freshly downloaded rom (and wiping cache before rebooting)
  • Reflashing an older rom (xiaomi.eu_multi_MI6_7.10.26_v9-7.1.zip)

I've received the suggestion to recheck the unlocked status of the bootloader (it still is unlocked), or to reset the encryption state of the storage. I did not manage to do the last part, as a format of the system and data partitions did not remove this lock.

Can somebody else give me something else to test?
reboot to TWRP
format data partition
reboot to twrp again
flash ROM
reboot to system
(by the way there was no need to format system partition)
If you still stuck i would suggest to flash latest china developer with MiFlash tool and start all over again

Reactions: Kelvintino
reboot to TWRP
format data partition
reboot to twrp again
flash ROM
reboot to system
If you still stuck i would suggest to flash latest china developer with MiFlash tool and start all over again

@fmcheetah I have a problem with Misc Files always going up and up! If I format data in twrp instead of factory reset, I will be ok? When I formatted data from Global Stable to Xiaomi.eu the misc files was less! much less!

@fmcheetah I have a problem with Misc Files always going up and up! If I format data in twrp instead of factory reset, I will be ok? When I formatted data from Global Stable to Xiaomi.eu the misc files was less! much less!
Sorry, i really dont get your point. Why are you worried about misc. file system?

Sorry, i really dont get your point. Why are you worried about misc. file system?

Because "Other files" increased. I was on Xiaomi.eu Dev ROM, then factory reset through TWRP, flashed Stable from here, then factory reset, flashed today 7.11.16 and "Other files" increased from 600 to 850 plus with some updates from Play Store went to 1.05GB.

Because "Other files" increased. I was on Xiaomi.eu Dev ROM, then factory reset through TWRP, flashed Stable from here, then factory reset, flashed today 7.11.16 and "Other files" increased from 600 to 850 plus with some updates from Play Store went to 1.05GB.
On my Mi6 is 2,75 gb, dont worry about it.

Performed clean flash in my redmi note 5a prime aka ugg. But getting same result with google play store and package installer force closed.

How did you flash TWRP onto your phone? All fastboot steps are explained on Page one

I flashed it in recovery mode. I don´t know why it stucks at bootlogo and how to fix it

Edit: Is there a way to do a factory reset and start with an existing backup?

reboot to TWRP
format data partition
reboot to twrp again
flash ROM
reboot to system

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately it does not work. Back to the Global Beta for a couple of weeks and then i will try again.
Something that i've noticed, i always have to enter my password to allow TWRP to start/decrypt my storage. I suppose that tis is normal behaviour?

@fmcheetah if I Wipe -> Format Data -> in TWRP and type Yes to proceed. Will I loose anything or brick anything?

You will even lose your TWRP, not just all data!!! It will not brick your phone!

However, not a big deal! You can just reinstall TWRP in fastboot mode and start afresh! ;):)

Reactions: CyNote
is it possible to insert volume setting for notifications?

it´s annoying the notifications are at a volume loud...

thanks for the wonderful job

You will even lose your TWRP!!!

However, not a big deal! You can just reinstall TWRP ans start afresh!

Thanks for letting me know. I won't do it then. So the only thing to remove Misc Files somehow it's to Format System and flash the rom again right?

Status
Not open for further replies.