MIUI 8.3 7.3.9

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well..
Made a full wipe and reinstalled 7.3.9 and then supersu and gps is still 0/0 (Last version it could find at least 2 Satliates now nothing)
Then tried to wipe again and install only the 7.3.9 without supersu same result..
Any suggestions?

Reactions: Sinja
HM4Pro, If you send an SMS in Russian, then instead of Russian letters there are spaces. (( Punctuation marks remain, this is already the second firmware in a row.) Otherwise, everything is fine .On the add-ons, Xposed and SuperSU are installed.
This problem also happaned in Hebrew.

Well..
Made a full wipe and reinstalled 7.3.9 and then supersu and gps is still 0/0 (Last version it could find at least 2 Satliates now nothing)
Then tried to wipe again and install only the 7.3.9 without supersu same result..
Any suggestions?
Trying outside?
Without any metal accessories?
Which device?

~Tapatalk Mi5~

Hey guys can someone tell me what about the battery problem of redmi pro in deep sleep is it fix it or not in this update?

Reactions: Morvarid
Whats with this new auto brightnes?
The slider shouldnt move when auto.
Before in auto it was adjusted with light sensor and with slider you adjusted the range of brigtness.

It bugs me because now at night screen is to dark, but if I move the slider it is not autoadjusting anymore.

Dont know who thought this is better because Google figured out long time ago that auto brightness works best with slider for choosing the range.

Edit: now I see its autoadjusting... It just takes long time for brightness to change... And sometimess there is a delay...
Me too problem with auto adjusting for brithgness on MI5, strange !!
Is there a reason ??
Thanksss

All good on my Mi5 Pro. GPS is great. About one minute for setting the position in a house, i leave in Moscow. 7.3.9 is the most stable of all versions! Thanks!!

Reactions: vainroma
When turn off autobrightness it remain in that level instead return to normal brightness.

GPS works again

Device Mi5

Reactions: sota01
Me too problem with auto adjusting for brithgness on MI5, strange !!
Is there a reason ??
Thanksss

Brightness slider moves according to ambient lighting conditions in case of automatic brightness switched on. Nothing strange here...

Brightness slider moves according to ambient lighting conditions in case of automatic brightness switched on. Nothing strange here...
Was better before... also stock Android has older MIUI behavior...
But compared to other failed features or not fixed bugs in Xiaomi roms this is not such a big thing.

PS: we don't need to look at a slider to know what the current brightness is... You already see it on the entire screen!

Hello everybody and thank you again for your great work.

I have a small question. I am currently using Xiaomi Eu V8.0.10.0.MAGCNDH on my Mi5S and I would like to update to V8.2.2.0.MAGCNDL.
What is the best way to proceed?
1- Can I use the included Update App of the phone?
2- Can I do a dirty flash through TWRP?
3- Should I wipe everything + factory reset before installing this version?

I am waiting for your advice before moving forward.
Thank you.
Updater App
No wipe

Reactions: MomZo
Well..
Any suggestions?
As someone suggested if you`re sure it worked in MM try full wipe and flash MM build, if no GPS it`s probably HW fault

PS: we don't need to look at a slider to know what the current brightness is... You already see it on the entire screen!

Yeah, but if you don't look at a slider then you should not feel any difference. The automatic brightness on the screen works the same way as before. Now we have just got additionally a feedback about the current automatic brightness level...

Yeah, but if you don't look at a slider then you should not feel any difference. The automatic brightness on the screen works the same way as before. Now we have just got additionally a feedback about the current automatic brightness level...
IMO was better before, one could select different base level for auto, now only static level can be selected and auto is always on the algorithm`s discretion. It`s also a bit confusing: if you move the slider the level of brightness remains fixed but the switch is still in auto position, off/on is required in order to resume auto

Last edited:
Nothing strange here...

I do not agree. Previously, we were able to limit the range of brightness. If brightness was set to automatic, it would adjust itself only within that limited range.

Now, the automatic adjustment range stretches up to 100%.

So, that's actually a loss of function.

For compensation, we get the slider animation gimmick.

Reactions: egold70
Status
Not open for further replies.