MIUI 8.3 7.3.9

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey xiaomi.eu team, could you do us all a favor and add cat sized WEEKLY = BETA, you want stable, go stable text to the first page of every release. Getting tired to read whining of this and that not being ok and going this and that, cause of it. Bug reports are something else, this whining is not. You install beta you get beta, live with it.

I do not agree. Previously, we were able to limit the range of brightness. If brightness was set to automatic, it would adjust itself only within that limited range.

Now, the automatic adjustment range stretches up to 100%.

So, that's actually a loss of function.

For compensation, we get the slider animation gimmick.
IMO was better before, one could select different base level for auto, now only static level can be selected and auto is always on the algorithm`s discretion. It`s also a bit confusing: if you move the slider the level of brightness remains fixed but the switch is still in auto position, off/on is required in order to resume auto

It's only a matter of habit...Now you can also adjust the brightness manually on the slider in order to set limited range of brightness even if the slider moves automatically...same way as before just try...
Anyway for me both current and previous solutions are appropriate

I've noticed that the guide for installing has changed.

Now this step is only required for MI5??
"How to update MI5 to Android 7.0 from Android 6.0:"

I can upgrade from 6.0 to 7.0 directly or I still have to install the MI5 ROM?

Thanks in advance.

Enviado do meu MI MAX através de Tapatalk

Trying outside?
Without any metal accessories?
Which device?

~Tapatalk Mi5~
Mi5 64GB
No any metal accessories or something that would kill gps,
Trying outside,Inside nothing! 0/0
Last version I could get like 2-4 satlites (With no lock but at least it found something)
Now nothing,
I'm 100% sure its SW then HW

Reactions: Sinja
Mi5 64GB
No any metal accessories or something that would kill gps,
Trying outside,Inside nothing! 0/0
Last version I could get like 2-4 satlites (With no lock but at least it found something)
Now nothing,
I'm 100% sure its SW then HW
Then try wipe data..

~Tapatalk Mi5~

I dont understand why there is a new brightness feature. Everything was ok, now it does not work anymore. Turning autobrighness off and its way too dark, even with slider to the right...

"So we decided to STOP OTA support at all.. you have to download ROM manually and install via Updater - menu (...) - Select installation package - reboot (You will not loose your data)"

I just installed from factory Redmi Pro to 7.32 . How do I update to this newer version please ? I just copy on my SD card and use the updater like the usual update ? No wipe no nothing ? Just install ?

Thank you in advance !!!

"So we decided to STOP OTA support at all.. you have to download ROM manually and install via Updater - menu (...) - Select installation package - reboot (You will not loose your data)"

I just installed from factory Redmi Pro to 7.32 . How do I update to this newer version please ? I just copy on my SD card and use the updater like the usual update ? No wipe no nothing ? Just install ?

Thank you in advance !!!

if you already using our ROM then just copy ROM.zip to internal storage and install it via updater app > choose update package

Reactions: Taiji2078
After update on MiMax I can't use Immersive mode (I mean I can't see status bar from fullscreen app by swiping down from the top of screen)

view

Hi @ingbrzy. I have a Mi5 64gb. Currently on eu 8.2.1.0 Stable. I just did a factory reset via TWRP and installed AndroiTS GPS Test and managed lock on 10/13 satellites after 15 minutes. Going to redo every setting change and app installation and test in between them. Something must be conflicting/interfering with the GPS. Thought it might be in the micloud backup that I restored but still had the problem without it. Must be one of my 99 apps. After calibration, managed 10/10 satellites and lock in 4 seconds.

So..... I've loaded most of my apps and checked the GPS regularly. It now takes around 4-8 minutes to get a lock every time. Switching off data wifi and bluetooth, putting location to "device only" and clearing the AGPS data helps. Leads me to think that the problem is with the AGPS settings. Changing the gps.config file does little to help so it must be defaulting to some code somewhere else in the rom. When it first picks up satellites, they are always in the north and don't get a lock. Takes quite a few minutes before it picks one up in the southern hemisphere. Looks like the GPS thinks it's in the northern hemisphere with AGPS enabled.
After 2 minutes 4 satellites picked up to the north.
Cleared AGPS and set location services to device only
open
open

5 minutes later, 2 satellites picked up “overhead”.
open
open

16 minutes after the first two have been picked up and locked on, I have 12/12.
open

Turned on WIFI, data, Bluetooth and set location services to “High Accuracy”.
Within seconds, I had lost the lock on half of the satellites.
open
open

Last edited:
/rant/

Cant wait to get LinageOS on my mi5s plus so I can drop all this MIUI bs once and for all! I already have it on my mipad2.
Developers of .EU (this site) should join hands with LinageOS team instead of promoting this uttler failure of impersonating Apple software called MIUI. But idk, if they pay you you should be loyal to them.

/rant/

Kenzo weekly : miui updater can no more perform a 'reboot in recovery mode' a do a classic system reboot instead.

/rant/

Cant wait to get LinageOS on my mi5s plus so I can drop all this MIUI bs once and for all! I already have it on my mipad2.
Developers of .EU (this site) should join hands with LinageOS team instead of promoting this uttler failure of impersonating Apple software called MIUI. But idk, if they pay you you should be loyal to them.

/rant/
I hate boring design of AOSP look..

So good luck..

~Tapatalk Mi5~

Hey guys. I found a bug on my MI5 after flashing this release. Everytime i try to play a video,the gallery Crashes. Does someone have this problem??

Reactions: vainroma
/rant/

/rant/
In fairness up until the end of December I have found miui the most stable, smoothest and battery efficient software I've ever used on Android. Obviously the change to the nougat base has introduced a lot of bugs recently but this is a developer rom and should be expected and if one wants stability they should just revert back to the marshmallow based version for a couple more months which is what I ended up doing. Most of the main flagship handsets are only in the process of getting the nougat updates

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

it doesn't work when device is locked

On Kenzo it use to be a bug, that if you unlocked your phone with fingerprint, the assistant would think your phone was still locked. Maybe google updated the app?

The way around is to have a trusted voice to unlock the phone. It seems if the device is charging "Ok Google" can wake the device and unlock it. Not on charge you have to turn on the phone manually.

If anyone need to go back to "Google Now", just change your language preferences from US English in the google app!

Reactions: Mali2
I hate boring design of AOSP look..

So good luck..

~Tapatalk Mi5~
hehe thanks. I just flashed Pixel Launcher on my phone. It looks sweet. :p
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Oh yes, I'm from KTM city! ;);)

Reactions: dogiex
After update to latest weekly for Mi4C performance decreased :( Battery time also noticeably down. Tried dalvik and cache wipe, no luck. Any suggestions?
I also have a problem with Chrome and other web browsers (UC) crashing/FC for as long as I have MIUI from Xiaomi.eu :(

Status
Not open for further replies.