MIUI 8.6 7.6.29

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution in order to use Updater app for install updates:
Reboot to recovery > Format Data > reboot to recovery > reboot to system
You have to do it only once and after that updater app will work for install updates as it should.
Format Data will format the whole data partition Including internal storage as well. So backup first!

This will work on every device? I update my Redmi 4X via TWRP, but it would be more comfortable when I could use the updater app :)

mi5s 3/64, unlocked, root, with xiaomi_eu_7.6.22,

there is no SIM 2, SIM1 shows up after a while, but phone does not work
setup not show a SIM
allready made a wipe data/system and update again
any hints ?

wtf:
after rollback with TWRP to 7.6.22 (which was working) got invalid device id, and IMEI is gone to nirvana

edit2:
rollback with TWRP to Global 7.6.8 and all is working again - i think stop "gaming" with updates as 7.6.8 runs even better than the last "stable"

edit3:SOLVED
seems that MI5s is different ;)
took some time to figure out, that the problem was in the the boot partition. Wipe (format) the data and system partition did not solve the problems (!). After install a "old" stable
bootpartition with fastboot the Global 7.6.8 began again running smooth, without to root installed 7.6.22 was running too, after this installed 7.6.29 without rooting, restore my backups and all was
fine. After a while applied root SuperSu_2.82 without problem. The Mi5s now running smooth, battery is fine, no kernel problem (as mensioned by others here) in general, just after a few hours of tests - great job done by the update-team. I´m not shure, but i think the problem was some leftovers from SuperSu (maybe 2.76) from a previous installation in the boot region. (btw: i do root, as i have some "patch" in mixer_path.xml, another gps.conf optimized for southamerica, some own ringtones in system and a security apk which has (IMO) to run as system app .

cheers and again thanks to the upd-team

habve a nice weekend

Last edited:

Is it hard to read first page of topic for few weeks?

"Update suspended temporarily for the following devices (From 12th June to August, including Closed/Open Dev/Alpha):
Mi 2/2S / Mi 3 / Mi 4 / Mi Note / Mi Pad 1 / Mi Pad 2 / Google Nexus 5 / Redmi 1 / Redmi 1S / Redmi 2 / Redmi 2A / Redmi 2 Prime / Redmi 3 / Redmi 3S/3X / Redmi 4A / Redmi 4 / Redmi 4 Prime / Redmi Pro / Redmi Note 4 / Redmi Note 3G / Redmi Note 4G / Redmi Note Prime / Redmi Note 2 / Redmi Note 3 MTK / Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm

Update for the following devices releases as usual (Including Closed/Open Dev/Alpha):
Mi 6 / Mi Note 2 / Mi MIX / Mi 5c / Mi 5s / Mi 5s Plus / Mi 5 / Mi 4S / Mi 4c / Mi Max 2 / Mi Max 64G(128G) / Mi Max 32G / Mi Note Pro / Redmi Note 4X/Qualcomm / Redmi 4X"

Hey guys,

I have used xiaomi.eu ROM on my Mi 5 for almost a year now and was very happy.

Now I have a Mi 6 and was happy to see there is xiaomi.eu ROM for it. But I saw in a couple of threads that there was stand by battery drain and camera was worse than on MIUI, is this still the case? I would be happy to hear from someone with a Mi6/sagit to tell me about the experience with this ROM :)

Kind regards,
kore

Hello guys i can ask you a tip? I have a mix, do I upgrade or not?

I don't know which version you are currently using.
Definitly you will loose VoLTE functionality because they deleted this menue item already 2 updates ago. That's really poor and not understandable. Hope they will add this functionality asap again.

[Quote = "ShelbyGT350 post: 375.210, membro: 169.842"] Non so quale versione si sta utilizzando.
Sicuramente si perderanno le funzionalità VOLTE perché cancellati questa voce di menù già 2 aggiornamenti fa. Questo è davvero scadente e non comprensibile. Spero che possano aggiungere questa funzionalità al più presto di nuovo. [/ QUOTE]
Ho 7.6.22. L'ultimo dei mix

Solution in order to use Updater app for install updates:

Reboot to recovery > Format Data > reboot to recovery > reboot to system

You have to do it only once and after that updater app will work for install updates as it should.

Format Data will format the whole data partition Including internal storage as well. So backup first!

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
This applies to all devices?

So you can choose the ringtone through explorer? It shows media files in the folders normally?
Блин, друже, ты же русский. Проводник видит музыку в папках и дает ее выбрать?
This function works fine for me.
here too. everything works fine with ringtones. mi5s 3/64

Same problem here :(
I have the same problem since 7.6.22, wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik > phone reboots into standard miui version > Reboot again in twrp mode > Wipe cache again and it worked (finally).
I've also noticed the camera responds a lot slower since 7.6.22, not the image but when I take a picture it does nothing and suddenly it takes the picture and popups the message App is not responding, wait or close...

Reactions: Tiozuka
I have the same problem since 7.6.22, wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik > phone reboots into standard miui version > Reboot again in twrp mode > Wipe cache again and it worked (finally).
I've also noticed the camera responds a lot slower since 7.6.22, not the image but when I take a picture it does nothing and suddenly it takes the picture and popups the message App is not responding, wait or close...

And ofcourse as always,, make sure you have a backup!

Reactions: Tiozuka
Hi, anyone has MI 6 ?

I have MIUI GLOBAL 8.2.2.0 (auto-updated last week) and I wanted install these Xiaomi.EU Rom...
... but I read about some problems (camera not so good as Global Rom,...) So now I have some doubts...

Anyone can tell me some opinion / suggest me what to do?

Thanks in advance,
Andrea

PLEASE, FIX IT
IN ALL WEEKLY ROMS WITH ANDROID NOUGAT
Mi5s
The CPU is constantly used by system, the battery quickly runs down
Any applications not open - the CPU usage is at 60 percent
rXBJV0_aP0A.jpg

Hello! Quick question, I have a MI6 and I am currently on 8.2 Stable (8.2.25.0), can i "dirty flash" this weekly? Maybe with just wiping cache/dalvik?
Thanks!

Reactions: Andrea @xe
PLEASE, FIX IT
IN ALL WEEKLY ROMS WITH ANDROID NOUGAT
Mi5s
The CPU is constantly used by system, the battery quickly runs down
Any applications not open - the CPU usage is at 60 percent
rXBJV0_aP0A.jpg
first, why do you see all cores with gpu-z, do you have root? on my mi5s it shows about 10-15% usage, but it also shows core 3 and 4 as stopped, but thats "normal" as graw and ingbrzy mentioned. don't know if you can take that cpu load seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.