MIUI 9 7.8.24

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which must I sellect for xiaomi.eu OTA support? read only or allow modification?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-08-30-04-51-39.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-30-04-51-39.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 480
Reactions: Adeolu and avant
I can't enable Install via USB anymore under developer options. When I toggle it, it pops up an allowing message in the bottom for a few seconds and then it is toggled off.

Same for the usb debugging(security settings) option below it (with the anyong 3 popups that require 5 seconds eacht before being able to accept them).

Almost seems like something is blocking it.
I attached Fiddler to my phone and found out that when I try to enable the setting it tries to connect to a miui server

[Fiddler] The connection to 'srv.sec.miui.com' failed. <br />Error: TimedOut (0x274c). <br />System.Net.Sockets.SocketException A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 47.74.139.122:443

Why does it need to connect to a remote server for this?

Mi4c

From security -> Manage shortcut

When you tap as described in the table below you get on the home the action described on the right side of the following table instead of the corresponding action

Deep clean -> Battery usage
Battery usage -> Permissions
Security scan -> Deep clean
no label -> Security scan

Yeah already reported...known issue

Is there a way to enable the new smart assistant? Couldn't find a search function for this thread to be honest.
Greetings

Hello, 2 questions:
1. How i can change this screen settings? It's screen is turn left on clockscreen.
2. How i can add the new workspace(screen) at left of main screen, like it was on miui8? (then was click on "pluse" on the center of the screen...
Thanks!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-08-30-13-47-39-272_lockscreen.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-30-13-47-39-272_lockscreen.png
    56.3 KB · Views: 427
Hello, 2 questions:
1. How i can change this screen settings? It's screen is turn left on clockscreen.
2. How i can add the new workspace(screen) at left of main screen, like it was on miui8? (then was click on "pluse" on the center of the screen...
Thanks!!

1. no option for that yet
2. place an app icon on empty page to add new page

Reactions: Siberx
This behavior is clearly defined for DND mode in Silence/DND settings. If you want media sound while phone silenced then use silent mode where calls and notifications are forbidden but alarm and media sound are allowed.
The problem with that mode is that upon receiving a notification, the music changes focus and the volume decreases.
I also liked the old DND more

Mi5s

Can some one verify that the issue with enabling "install via usb" is not related to this build before I reinstall my device?
I suspect it being an with Xiaomi servers.

Hi!
On my mi5s on CPUz app it shows the processor with 2.0 ghz instead of 2.15 ghz, and also it shows that i have two cores in permanent sleep, even if i play games they dont wake up!!! Can you tell if its a problem from the CPUz app or the phone is limited with this ROM??

It is on the same place as before:

Settings > System apps > Call settings > Advanced settings > Caller ID

mhhh.. i have italian menu.. there isn't CALLER ID... there is ID CHIAMANTE but is the option for hide my number..
i want caller id, is some true caller app.. for block call center's incoming call

Reactions: gian569
Hi!

MIUI 9 also has issues with notification...

No code notifications in Steam Guard...

Some social media/twitch notifications sometimes don't...

If you fix these problems with this week's update,

Thanks...

I have a Mi Note 2(Scorpio) and while installing the xiaomi.eu rom in TWRP provided by xiaomi.eu, it stucks at "package_extract_file took 00s". I tried it many times and read at few places that it does not progress even if left overnight. Does anybody have solution for this? Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.