MIUI 9 7.9.14/15

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the problem is, this is my mom's phone haha...
I think she will be struggling to do those things every update...

It seems that I will stick to global chinese... (with so many bloatware and chinese language haha)

What about global from eu, is the 4G ok?

I don't know about you :p But I'll do everything to have Xiaomi.EU ROM on my Redmi 4X :D

Reactions: Soebianto
I guess so, but I would have thought it would be a conscious decision to buy it , specifically for stock and the promised Android upgrades . Unless it was cheaper than Mi 5x wherever they bought it . Looks nice though , should still be happy with it .

I think I would be happier to have Mi A1 because of the stock android. Google even promise android P for the device.

Reactions: Mymymi
Because mi pad 3 released a few months ago is abandoned the support?

No time for developers for maintaining Mi Pad 3.
We are requesting updates for stable releases or once a month... lets hope we got it because there is no alternative for Mi Pad 3 that going into China Weekly loosing languages (only chinese and english).

Reactions: pescasat
On redmi pro, You can wipe system, but afther full wipe you must reboot in to recovery before flashing new rom.
He is asking about Mi5. And instructions are clear. NO DOT WIPE SYSTEM when upgrading from Android 6 to Android 7 for Mi 5. This was already warned months ago.

Open updater
Tap on check button
Tap on download button
Tap on install button
Wait.

Sent from my Redmi 3S (land)
I have a problem with the 7.9.14 OTA, i'm using the updater to download the zip file but after rebooting the phone, can't install the update through twrp, error message saying the "md5 vérification failed" and the update script failed to update mi mi5...
Someone got the same problem ?

Envoyé de mon MI 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hello,

First of all I was very surprised that now it show up as update available. kudos for that for sure.

I'm on Xiaomi Mi Note Pro
I clicked to download and got error that md5 checksum is wrong or something like that.
I was still able to press install but then it gives message that it will reboot to recovery or fastboot and install update.

questions
1. Now I do not have TWRP flashed I only boot it when needed so I have original fastboot will that update still happen?
2. should I even do update this way if that md5 checksum is not correct?

Thanks.

Read first post. Never, never, NEVER do system wipe or you will brick your phone. Only upgrade from latest MIUI8 with Android 6 to newer Android 7 based
Thanks. I managed to do it properly. Now I'm using it with the latest build ;)

Yes mobiledata works fine.
Hi, Kate have china rom features? I'm on oficial dev rom 7.9.15 and it's miui 8 fast, no dnd new mode, no managed apps in security app, no new device information, etc. Thanks

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 3 mediante Tapatalk

why is now in DND mode the vibration ON ? :/ only got this "bug?" in newest 7.9.14 version...

Experiencing massive battery drain since MIUI 9. Under 'Battery use' Android System is the App that consumes most energy (around 18%). Any idea how to get back to normal battery life? Atm it doesn't get me over the day.

Mi5s

Last edited:
Mi 5c running 7.9.14, found an issue with limitless theme: Telegram icon showing up as the default theme one instead of stock official one.

IMG_20170918_162526.png

Experiencing massive battery drain since MIUI 9. Under 'Battery use' Android System is the App that consumes most energy (around 18%). Any idea how to get back to normal battery life? Atm it doesn't get me over the day.

Mi5s

Wow. 18% only? My redmi 4 pro always over 20%, somrtimes up to 35% but no battery drain.

Reactions: _daniel.mau
@ingbrzy

I tested on eu.14 eu.15 and la global beta 15 and with nova launcher i always lag problems. ho was also factory reset. WITH the old release of august these problems do not have.

"Ho provato la 14 la 15 anche la global e con nova launcher ho sempre problemi di lag. ho fatto anche factory reset. Con la vecchia release di agosto questi problemi non li ho"
Might be your phone. Have Nova launcher heavily customized with Icon Pacs and live widgets and have 0 lag on my Mi Note 2.

Potrebbe essere un problema sul tuo telefono. Sul mio Mi Note 2 Nova va da dio...il mio poi è particolarmente modificato e arricchito.....

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: M3t3or4
Status
Not open for further replies.