MIUI 9 7.9.14/15

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your work guys.

@ingbrzy when pressing home button on Kenzo, when device was locked the flashlight used to turn on. With the latest rom you released of miui 9 it doesn't work. Instead Google assistant starts behind the lock screen. I'd like to add that Google assistant was already installed when I was on MIUI 8.
I don't know if other people have the same issue.

Thanks a lot for your help and your work.
Maybe some shortcut pre defined? Check that on settings

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Hello,

The OTA did not work as it was not fully downloading file I think as it was giving md5 checksum error.

Installed using TWRP and all seems fine

@ingbrzy Ca you guys add GPS widget to "quick functions" it is only one missing. I always have mobile data, WLAN, GPS and Bluetooth on home screen to see if they are on/off and manage what I need at the time.

Thank you for great work.

PS. I am on Xiaomi Mi Note Pro 7.9.14

This is awesome! Redmi Note 4 MTK series is being treated like the lepre of the xiaomi family! Ok we all know (or we learned the hard way) what kind of arses those at mediatek are, at least I would expect a heads up before buying these damn processors that there won't be any future support for Android 7 and 8 despite having very strong specs! This is total crap... sorry for the language.

I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 prime, with MTK. The phone is working fine and i installed MIUI9 on it. But my Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Stopped back in time cause has a MediaTek processor, stuck on 5.0 Lollipop. So, that's why i bought an HTC U11 with Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, since i bought it i had 2 OTA updates, i´m on 7.1 Nougat and HTC email me that i will receive Android Oreo 8. Never buy MTK phone again. Learned the lesson. HTC U11 with Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, i can get 2 days working with gps, 4g, bluetooth everything ON, (that's the difference between MTK and Snapdragon Processors) and 11 hours SOT. This phone rocks!!! Yes it rocks! ;)

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: kiryu and klean
On mi 5s the battery is draining fast... 3h sot only... And if I don't touch the phone for an hour the fingerprint sensor don't respond at all not even turn screen on I have to use the side button to turn on the screen and then I can use the fingerprint sensor... Also Google Chrome crashes a lot and have lag.
If I use The search bar on settings it force close... Notifications from Gmail and email app don't work... I have both apps locked. Hope you fix it next week!

Wow. 18% only? My redmi 4 pro always over 20%, somrtimes up to 35% but no battery drain.

On my Kenzo, total apps take 59%, rest is hardware, from that Android use 15,9% and Android System use 9,2%.SOT is 10hr using wifi, with mix wifi + mobile around 8-9hr.

ROM is xiaomi.eu 7.9.14, has been using xiaomi.eu dev ROM since Dec 2016, flash every week when rom released, never downgrade after flash.

xiaomi.eu ROM is really good, tks EU team.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your work guys.

@ingbrzy when pressing home button on Kenzo, when device was locked the flashlight used to turn on. With the latest rom you released of miui 9 it doesn't work. Instead Google assistant starts behind the lock screen. I'd like to add that Google assistant was already installed when I was on MIUI 8.
I don't know if other people have the same issue.

Thanks a lot for your help and your work.

I don't have google assistant installed, pressing home button do nothing, only a screen flashing maybe because i don't have google assistant.

long pressing menu on lock screen turn flashlight on, this can be changed via button & gesture settings.

btw, i'm using xiaomi.eu 7.9.14

hi guys,
i have a redmi note 3 pro prime global version.
I don't have the search bar for finding app on desktop or a file since my update to miui 9. why this function have disapeared ? it works well in miui 8

Try swipe up with finger on home screen, in my Kenzo doing that display the search screen.

I want to downgrade beta to stable.from latest 7.9.14 beta xiaomi.eu(nouget) to 8.5.6.0 xiaomi.eu stable(marshmallow) . Is it possible via twrp? My device is redmi note 4x

Last edited:
Are you using the Global version of MIUI 9? If so, that explains why! ;)

Only the eu rom (China based rom) has that "beautiful" page for MIUI 9! :D
Nope.. using weekly rom.. have been using weekly Miui 9 since its intro but I cannot seems to get the detail spec as in the picture..

Have you clicked on the arrow at the top right in first page of settings ' my device '?

Yes.. but only shows this:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-19-10-51-33-687_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-19-10-51-33-687_com.android.settings.png
    131.7 KB · Views: 361
Reactions: Mymymi
Xiaomi.eu add this to many devices which originally don't have it in 7.9.14 eu ROM, so if you are not using eu ROM 7.9.14 and really really really muat have this info, you can edit your device properties file adding this line :

<bool name="support_show_basic_items">true</bool>

add this line at the bottom or anywhere, but before the last line.

Please remember to backup the original device properties file before editing, it's really a good habit.

Am using weekly EU Rom though not the latest.. How do I obtain this feature?

I think I would be happier to have Mi A1 because of the stock android. Google even promise android P for the device.
Yes, but it also miss out few 'essential' feature by default. Few to name read mode, double tap actions, connection speed, network type for respective SIM, etc. etc. :)

Might be your phone. Have Nova launcher heavily customized with Icon Pacs and live widgets and have 0 lag on my Mi Note 2.

Potrebbe essere un problema sul tuo telefono. Sul mio Mi Note 2 Nova va da dio...il mio poi è particolarmente modificato e arricchito.....

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk

It seems strange I also made a factory reset
"Mi sembra molto strano ho anche fatto un factory reset"

Hi everybody,
After snoozing alarm of Redmi 3 pro, next alarm doesn't activate screen. I can only restart the phone by long pressing power key.

Hi, i couldn t wait any more so i have flash global developer via fastboot miui 9 on my nikel. i am dissapointed that we are not going to get nougat, but never the less i have battery improvement, and it s stable. cant vait for yours rom. keep up the good worh. thank you.

On my Kenzo, total apps take 59%, rest is hardware, from that Android use 15,9% and Android System use 9,2%.SOT is 10hr using wifi, with mix wifi + mobile around 8-9hr.

ROM is xiaomi.eu 7.9.14, has been using xiaomi.eu dev ROM since Dec 2016, flash every week when rom released, never downgrade after flash.

xiaomi.eu ROM is really good, tks EU team.

Mine also reach up to 10hrs with heavy usage and yeah. The battery in xiaomi.eu is really good.

Yes, but it also miss out few 'essential' feature by default. Few to name read mode, double tap actions, connection speed, network type for respective SIM, etc. etc. :)

I think the only missing is read mode. I dont know but my last experience with stock android is amazing. No bugs at all and very fast.

Reactions: Mymymi
Status
Not open for further replies.