MIUI 9 7.9.14/15

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
<< update >>

Tried. The "false" value actually just set the auto brightness to a fixed value when it is activated. So, the slider will not move up and down.

However, the "false" value does "cheat" the manual brightness to stick / stayed after deactivating the auto brightness. :)

It is not the right way but hey, I can now use 30% for manual brightness and set 60% or any higher value when I activated the auto brightness.

Basically, manual brightness level is fixed at 30%. The auto brightness level is now fixed at 60% and when auto brightness is turned off, the manual brightness returned and stick at the preset 30% level. :)

So, now. I just have 2 brightness levels on my phone....

>> Auto Brightness ON, my brightness is fixed at 60%. (This % can be adjusted to your liking).

>> Auto Brightness OFF, the brightness is fixed at 30%. (This % can be adjusted to your liking).

Temporary fix for the time being using this "cheat code" until MIUI Team fixed the over-aggressiveness of its Auto Brightness mechanism. Haha.

Thanks, buddy... :)

Isn't that the way Auto Brightness always behaves before the 'new auto brightness' thing ?

In My Kenzo with xiaomi.eu 7.9.14 Android 6, the auto brightness is always like that.
Manual brightness and auto brightness have their own level, and the slider will not move up and down when auto brightness turned on.

I think with that new auto brightness turned off, you are basically back to the old auto brightness style.

I read somewhere, originally with Android 7, the auto brightness does not has the slider, so it's really auto but then some vendors like samsung decided to put the slider back to the auto brightness..i think Xiaomi did the same.

This is just like the '<bool name="support_new_silentmode">true</bool>' that turns New Silent Mode on, when you change it to false, MIUI 8 silent style is back.

I keep thinking that the reason Xiaomi developers put an option like this is because the want to keep the codes for these 'old style' in their ROMs (brightness and silent mode), and maybe they don't think people will like it or simply these 'new styles' are not 100% working perfectly....yet.

Reactions: Kelvintino
Isn't that the way Auto Brightness always behaves before the 'new auto brightness' thing ?

In My Kenzo with xiaomi.eu 7.9.14 Android 6, the auto brightness is always like that.
Manual brightness and auto brightness have their own level, and the slider will not move up and down when auto brightness turned on.

I think with that new auto brightness turned off, you are basically back to the old auto brightness style.

This is just like the '<bool name="support_new_silentmode">true</bool>' that turns New Silent Mode on, when you change it to false, MIUI 8 silent style is back.

I keep thinking that the reason Xiaomi developers put an option like this is because the want to keep the codes for these 'old style' in their ROMs (brightness and silent mode), and maybe they don't think people will like it or simply these 'new styles' are not 100% working perfectly....yet.

Possible . Strange indeed! I do not know what is in their mind!

From first update to MIUI 9 I still have problem with GPS on my Mi5.
It's very frustrating. I'm in Poland, but when I turn on Google Maps, Sygic etc., I'm on Atlantic Ocean.
Look at attachment:

Screenshot_2017-09-20-08-06-06-502_com.google.android_apps_maps.png Screenshot_2017-09-20-08-13-55-823_com.sygic_aura.png

Background updater crash from time to time, redmi 3s

@ingbrzy
Code:
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: length=1; index=1
    at pl.zdunex25.updater.ReminderService$1.run(ReminderService.java)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818)

Please change autobrightness so we have some control over the brightness level. It should be autobrightness with possible adjustment, like in the old days. Now its fullauto and it is really bad :/

Reactions: mrcalleja
Please change autobrightness so we have some control over the brightness level. It should be autobrightness with possible adjustment, like in the old days. Now its fullauto and it is really bad :/

Complain that to the official MIUI developer in the official MIUI forum.

Not here in eu rom forum!

You might want to read this :

How to change auto brightness to old days :
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/7-9-14-15.41552/page-29#post-387053

and this (friend who tried trick above) :
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/7-9-14-15.41552/page-29#post-387060

That also happens to me on my Mi5
Maybe you want to read these links above.
For MI5 the device properties file (gemini.xml) is inside 'system/app/miuisystem/miuisystem.apk' (under folder '\assets\device_features'), to edit the file you can use 'APK Editor' app, and you need to root your phone.

Complain that to the official MIUI developer in the official MIUI forum.

Not here in eu rom forum!
I think people started to losing faith in Xiaomi developers and turned to xiaomi.eu for help haha

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelvintino
My company has a minimum 5 digit PIN security policy.
In MIUI 8 I could not have more than 4 digit PIN so i had to use "password" instead.
Now in MIUI 9 it seems like yo can have 5 digit PIN but it doesn't take my 5 digit PIN, the "next button" is greyed out.Over the PIN it says "PIN can contain up to 5 digits".
Any ideas about how to solve this?
Problem with using password is that I need to first press the numeric keyboard to enter the PIN...

Last edited:
Reactions: Geephile
Hi! I have a Mi 5S, and 2 cores (2,15 GHz) are sleeping of 4. I read about this, but this is not fake information by any third party app, because I can feel the speed difference, that was the reason I checked it. A tried CPU fixes, mpdecision too. Btw it works until I lock the screen for at least 2 minutes. Only reboot turns on the other 2 cores again. But... I'm never in that mood I wanna reboot the device after every screen lock... Do you have any solution, to fix this? Other CPU fix, or anything?

Hi! I have a Mi 5S, and 2 cores (2,15 GHz) are sleeping of 4. I read about this, but this is not fake information by any third party app, because I can feel the speed difference, that was the reason I checked it. A tried CPU fixes, mpdecision too. Btw it works until I lock the screen for at least 2 minutes. Only reboot turns on the other 2 cores again. But... I'm never in that mood I wanna reboot the device after every screen lock... Do you have any solution, to fix this? Other CPU fix, or anything?

I can confirm that. As my phone is a lot slower as well, I checked it. Same issue! What the heck is going on here?
(On Mi5s as well)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-20-16-27-43-647_com.dp.sysmonitor.app.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-20-16-27-43-647_com.dp.sysmonitor.app.png
    109.9 KB · Views: 386
Reactions: mnikolce
Just wondering why no China Developer changelogs on the MIUI forum anymore?

Is it due to the fragmentation of MIUI 9, with different devices using various android versions.

I was just curious as to what I would be missing on MIUI this Friday, since I switched to LOS!

Update for LOS available today which has Sept Security + Blueborne Patches.

Also wondering when MIUI will see the above patches?

Hi!
Is this normal or this is a "bug" in the current capricorn/Mi5s build?
The build.prop fingerprint shows 6.0.1 but the capricorn builds are based on real 7.0.
A section from the build.prop:
"ro.build.fingerprint=Xiaomi/capricorn/capricorn:6.0.1/MXB48T/V8.2.4.0.MAGCNDL:user/release-keys
ro.bootimage.build.fingerprint=Xiaomi/capricorn/capricorn:6.0.1/MXB48T/V8.2.4.0.MAGCNDL:user/release-keys
ro.build.description=capricorn-user 6.0.1 MXB48T V8.2.4.0.MAGCNDL release-keys"
I sent a bug report from the Instagram app and it showed (and maybe sent) this ro.build.fingerprint data.

Hello everyone, I have a Kenzo with bootloader locked and Global Miui installed, but I'm thinking to install this stable rom instead due this huge ammount of Google useless apps that are unable to uninstall. If I unlock bootloader, wich services I loose and wich problems I can suffer? This roms can be updated via ota? I used it on my old Redmi 1s and I was really happy with it

Thanks in advance and congratulations for your excellent job

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 3 mediante Tapatalk

Hi!
The build.prop fingerprint shows 6.0.1 but the capricorn builds are based on real 7.0.
"ro.build.fingerprint=Xiaomi/capricorn/capricorn:6.0.1/MXB48T/V8.2.4.0.MAGCNDL:user/release-keys
ro.bootimage.build.fingerprint=Xiaomi/capricorn/capricorn:6.0.1/MXB48T/V8.2.4.0.MAGCNDL:user/release-keys
I sent a bug report from the Instagram app and it showed (and maybe sent) this ro.build.fingerprint data.
No bug.. That's fine..

~Tapatalk~

Hi!
I don't know that the build has the bug or not, but i think the source of the problem is Android 7.0. I tried other ROMs, like global, *******, miuihu, but on 7.0 this problem always appeared. Marshmallow ROMs wokred always well. But I wouldn't like to change, there isn't any problem, just this.

Status
Not open for further replies.