Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
is this MIUI 9 with Oreo or the original Android 8.0?

My settings page is the same as before.

I'm using Mi6 as well.
Thanks for your replay. Its MIUI 9.3 by xiaomi.eu 8.1.18 rom.
Just to be sure i mean this tile (see screenshot). Do you have it with the latest rom for Mi 6?
18e7bab7168f1f534982125ee94f1411.jpg

Gesendet von meinem MI 6 mit Tapatalk

Flashable Zips to fix & replace xiaomi.eu (China ROM) notification system to Global Rom notification style can be downloaded from these links below (under folder 'MiuiSystemUI').

Please note that the Uninstaller Zip file is an universal one, it works with all devices (It only restores back the original files that was backed up when you flash the MiuiSystemUI installer zip file).

https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=236967
or
https://jumpshare.com/b/Bnvr0WsYd4UX5drXsmsi

Currently availables : Mi Max 2, Redmi Note 4x Mido, Mi 5 (took files uploaded by @graw2), Mi 5S, Mi Note 2, more devices will be uploaded later.
Feedback please.

Note :
*) All Credits Go to @graw2 & @Igor Eisberg for their research and findings.
*) 1st reboot after replacing MiuiSystemUI (both Install and Uninstall) need 5 minutes or maybe more, so be patient, it's not a bootloop, I tried this several times with my Mi Max 2.

@Manfred62

Hi, thank you all for good work and effort . Worked without no problems on Note4X mido, first boot took a bit longer and worked.

Making these zips take times, but I'll try to make it as newer rom come.

Interesting, Mi 5S's MIUI Global dev ROM is deodexed, while others are odexed.
maybe you can release a guide or put a link of a guide on how to deodexe a rom ?
so we can implement the new notification shade with every new update
and thanks
i really appreciate what you did

Making these zips take times, but I'll try to make it as newer rom come.

Interesting, Mi 5S's MIUI Global dev ROM is deodexed, while others are odexed.
Than why Xiaomi.eu not put notifications from Global? Globaly its better than manual add in all friday.
Maybe this week i try put this files to Mi5c, because i will do miflash, than i can try this.

Sharing is nice, but you know.. it's not nice to take someone else works and than changed the name to yours (I was talking about the script).. it took me sometime for making the script and testing the zipfile.. and btw, I've put all credits to @graw2 and @Igor Eisberg in my zipfile since they were the people who researched this port.

If you're already in the job creating flashable zips then you can use the files what I shared for Mi5 previously to create flashable zip for Mi5 users as well ;)
Much easier to flash zip than replace apks, jar one by one...

Thx! Nice work!

Reactions: Dmytro Gumenkov
Than why Xiaomi.eu not put notifications from Global? Globaly its better than manual add in all friday.
Maybe this week i try put this files to Mi5c, because i will do miflash, than i can try this.

Never say never.

Wow, good luck making your own Mi 5c Global Rom..

Reactions: CsR0501
Flashable Zips to fix & replace xiaomi.eu (China ROM) notification system to Global Rom notification style can be downloaded from these links below (under folder 'MiuiSystemUI').

Please note that the Uninstaller Zip file is an universal one, it works with all devices (It only restores back the original files that was backed up when you flash the MiuiSystemUI installer zip file).

or

Currently availables : Redmi Note 4x Mido, Mi 5 (used files uploaded by @graw2), Mi 5S, Mi 6, Mi Note 2, Mi Mix 2, Mi Max 2.
Feedback please.

Note :
*) 1st reboot after replacing MiuiSystemUI (both Install and Uninstall) need 5 minutes or maybe more, so be patient, it's not a bootloop, I tried this several times with my Mi Max 2.
* Recommend to clear Cache & Dalvik before reboot.

@Manfred62, @dosimple12

does not work for me with Mi6, after two minutes booting it restarts to twrp again.

does not work for me with Mi6, after two minutes booting it restarts to twrp again.

Did you get the latest version? check the framework.jar size pls?

and could you try restart again?

You can use the uninstaller to restore back to the original files.

Currently availables : Redmi Note 4x Mido, Mi 5 (used files uploaded by @graw2), Mi 5S, Mi 6, Mi Note 2, Mi Mix 2, Mi Max 2.
Feedback please.

Note :

@Manfred62, @dosimple12

I have same problem in Mix 2, after two minutes booting it restarts to twrp again .

yeah tried it 5 times, after two minutes booting it restarts to twrp
I have same problem in Mix 2, after two minutes booting it restarts to twrp again .

Ok, I think the deodexing process is too blame.. seem's not working for Android O, Will take these down.

edit : or maybe this way of porting simply doesn't work on Android O....too bad I don't have Android O devices, so can not try it myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: CsR0501
I had to encrypt my Mi4s (company policy) and now OTA doesn't work. It asks for password to decrypt the /data parition, but when I provide correct password I receive error message it's wrong. Do you know any TWRP for aqua, which is working for encrypted devices?
Regards.

I finally managed to install the update on encrypted device. Here is what I did to succeed (maybe it will be useful for someone else):

I installed different TWRP (I can't post links yet, look for "[RECOVERY]TWRP 3.1.1 for libra/aqua" thread on xda), thanks to which I was able to access my encrypted data. Unfortunately I received the following error, when trying to install the update:

this package is for "aqua" devices; this is a "libra"
I fixed it with a simple workaround:
I edited /META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script in zip file of the update and replaced (in the very first line):

getprop("ro.product.device") == "aqua"

to

getprop("ro.product.device") == "libra"

Best regards.

Here I will add my experience with the new rom (Oreo) in MIX 2:
I do not have any FC (Very thankful) .
The fast charge does not work correctly.
Now I have worse coverage in 4G.
I do not have audio, led and vibration in the notifications, and after little time the notifications disapear in status bar.
The system to use the gestures works with small lag, it is not smooth as before.
The music application has a bug, when I connect the headphones by cable, when passing song, it pauses immediately, to continue playing the music I have to press play again.
Otherwise everything seems to work well.
The rom install it with all wipes, factory reset and data clear.
I hope my comment will serve to improve the existing faults.

Last edited:
Ok, now thanks to @Soebianto I can finally give a try to the xiaomi.eu with the new notification shade on my Mi5 (I'm actually on LOS).

Just one question, do you think it's better to let the Xiaomi.eu get a first start -> configuration and THEN flash HZQ_MiuiSystemUI_MI5Global_8.1.18.zip

or I can flash it just right after the xiaomi.eu rom?

Thanks again!

Ok, now thanks to @Soebianto I can finally give a try to the xiaomi.eu with the new notification shade on my Mi5 (I'm actually on LOS).

Just one question, do you think it's better to let the Xiaomi.eu get a first start -> configuration and THEN flash HZQ_MiuiSystemUI_MI5Global_8.1.18.zip

or I can flash it just right after the xiaomi.eu rom?

Thanks again!

To be honest, I've no idea, but I think you can flash it just right after xiaomi.eu rom, I usually flash some zip (ads blocking stuff, camera2 api enabling) right after xiaomi.eu, then clear cache/dalvik and reboot, haven't tried it with this one.

Please let us know your experience.

BUG
If I press "Wallpaper Carousel", tourch switches ON.
If I press "tourch" nothing happens.

MI NOTE 3

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-01-22-11-14-39-478_lockscreen.png
    Screenshot_2018-01-22-11-14-39-478_lockscreen.png
    205.4 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
Thanks to MOD-Team for your work.

Did not read all 23 pages, but can confirm solution for following issues on MI 6 since both OREO updates:

SOLVED: sound notifications: set mail, whatsapp, sms etc. new ringtones --> will ring correctly then
WORKAROUND but not solved: QuickCharge: restart with plugged charger solves the problem only once, if you want to plug in another time, same workaround --> annoying

New Issue (maybe i did not find it yet in comments): Bluetooth! Once toggled off or set phone into flight you cannot turn it on again. In status bar you can switch to on (bluetooth symbol gets blue again) but BT is not working. Same, when you switch on by going into settings or resume from flight mode. BT only works, when phone is restarted --> same with QuickCharge - annoying...

kind regards
Paul

or

Currently availables : Redmi Note 4x Mido, Mi 5 (used files uploaded by @graw2), Mi 5S, Mi Note 2, Mi Max 2.
Feedback please.

Note :

@Manfred62, @dosimple12
Flashed and works great on mido
Your work is highly appreciated, many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.