Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[Mi 5x fingerprint not working]

"Couldn't add fingerprint, try again". It keeps telling me that when I select Add fingerprint option, even after input my PIN as primary login.

Thanks

Try Reboot your device and remove all your current Fingerprints, clean the Fingerprint sensor area and your fngers, and then re-add Fingerprints.
Wipe Dalvik and cache in recovery mode and try again
Hope it works.

Is there any other download links aside from the three in op? AFH is downloading really really slow! And the source forge link doesn't even contain a rom for poco f1 in 8.12.13.

Since this is the case, i'll try out ******** instead.

I still have glitch with Mi Mix 2 default theme? I thought the bouncing was fixed
Bouncing app icon issue fixed for Mix2S and Mi8 but I am not sure about Mix 2...

Sent from my MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Try Reboot your device and remove all your current Fingerprints, clean the Fingerprint sensor area and your fngers, and then re-add Fingerprints.
Wipe Dalvik and cache in recovery mode and try again
Hope it works.
I've just tried and its still not working :(
Btw it happens both in 8.12.13 and 8.12.6

Okey I have big problem - I have mi 8, i updated via dirty flash, everything okey. Then I went into settings, entered encrypt and now the phone boots into recovery( twrp.1110). I tried to format data and so on and I get an error (failed to mount....invalid argument). What to do? Should I hit rm forceencrypt into twrp or I do not know...Please help me get out of this situation...

Last edited:
I've just tried and its still not working :(
Btw it happens both in 8.12.13 and 8.12.6

Developer option
- Settings - My Device - All Specs
- Tap 5 times in Miui version
after that you will get developer option in additional settings.

Go to Settings - Additional settings - Developer options
- Dont keep activities (disable this)

You have more fix's if u can try - https://www.digitbin.com/fingerprint-error-redmi-mi/

Hi. It's possible back to stable release on Mi 6X via TWRP, like an update normal?.
It's necessary wipe data or not.
Thank you for your answer :)

so i downloaded the latest "dipper" twrp from the twrp site, flashed it and the mi8 would not boot at all anymore. thus back to the twrp 3.2.3-0806, pushed from fastboot. i tried flashing the lastest stable EU realease but that also resulted in a bootloop. since i dont want to whipe data im now back to 8.8.30 and all is fine. ill wait for a bit :)
Same here. Using 8.8.30 and waiting ota udpata

Okey I have big problem - I have mi 8, i updated via dirty flash, everything okey. Then I went into settings, entered encrypt and now the phone boots into recovery( twrp.1110). I tried to format data and so on and I get an error (failed to mount....invalid argument). What to do? Should I hit rm forceencrypt into twrp or I do not know...Please help me get out of this situation...
If I flash global stable from mi flash tool will it fix that?

s7eVe said:
If I flash global stable from mi flash tool will it fix that? https://xiaomi.eu/community/goto/post?id=462098
https://xiaomi.eu/community/goto/post?id=462098
Well obviously my twrp doesnt recognize the encryption(I conclude because the data is with 0 size). Should I hit remove dm - verity or remove forceencrypt or both? Thank you in advance!

En Mi max 3 hay un retraso de encendido de la pantalla, cuando le doy al botón de encendido, la pantalla parpadea unos segundos. Y al reiniciar demora en cargar la pantalla de bloqueo.

Reactions: YewLeung
Developer option
- Settings - My Device - All Specs
- Tap 5 times in Miui version
after that you will get developer option in additional settings.

Go to Settings - Additional settings - Developer options
- Dont keep activities (disable this)

You have more fix's if u can try - https://www.digitbin.com/fingerprint-error-redmi-mi/
I'm afraid that nothing works after I tried every solutions in your link. Gonna post in Mi 5x sub and see if anyone else getting this problem.

mi 8 doesnt work fingerprint and facial , i get error even after clear dalvic
Delete fingerprint and facial data, reboot device and add fingerprint and facial data again.
Im with Mi8 and all working fine here...

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

yep same here on mi8, came from 8.8.30 with twrp 3.2.3-0806, did the ota update and now the device bootloops back into twrp.

gonna try a twrp update, reflash and see what happens.

How did you update the twrp? Where did you found it?

Status
Not open for further replies.