8.8.23/24

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The camera quality is set to 85% on Mi Note 3(Jason) and the photos look with poor quality compared to the global ROM. It would be good if you could correct it and put the quality at 100%.Thankyou!
@ingbrzy
dacb59ffa969ea750c97e7aba75aeeae.jpg

Enviado desde mi Mi Note 3 mediante Tapatalk
Despite what this app tells you, whenever you launch the stock camera app, the JPEG quality is being set to 100%. (if "Picture quality" is set to "High" in the camera app's settings)

Reflash the same ROM,or reflash stable,and if doesn't help it sounds to me like bad battery.Same happened to me on my old Mi3,some time ago.Changing battery solved problem.
it all started when i downgraded from miui 10 to miui 9 because the first developer of miui 10 was too buggy. When the second dev of miui 10 came out, i upgraded again to it. The first reboot with problems to let it restart, was while I was shooting photos and device was very hot. You still think its a bettery problem? Now I'm only able to get miui restarted only if I reflash the latest developer, but after a few taps on apps, it reboots and never restarts again.

it seems that you have some hardware problem.
to be 100% sure just make clean install original chinese dev rom.
if it works fine (it works fine on my mi4c) flash twrp and eu rom again.
that's what I wanted to do, but i can't find the tutorial. I forgot where to get the image file and the steps on doing it. Have any clue?

Just wanted to share that flashing the lastest miui10 firmware (8.8.23) for the Mi 5s significantly speeds up the fingerprint reader.

You can install it by either getting it direct from xiaomi - the same dev roms that this site uses (with the firmware script here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software-hacking/devices-xiaomi-firmware-updater-t3741446) Or download a pre-build flashable firmware from that same link.

Maybe someday ingbrzy will stop stripping the firmware from eu releases.

Why we have 2 version of rom for Mi Max? One from 24.08 and one from 25..
Witch one is ok?
04b62a379c51febd72a8374eccfa0a8e.jpg
bc1fa7bf95385f0d7e623bf94f38054b.jpg

it all started when i downgraded from miui 10 to miui 9 because the first developer of miui 10 was too buggy. When the second dev of miui 10 came out, i upgraded again to it. The first reboot with problems to let it restart, was while I was shooting photos and device was very hot. You still think its a bettery problem? Now I'm only able to get miui restarted only if I reflash the latest developer, but after a few taps on apps, it reboots and never restarts again.
If with charger connected phone starts and works a little longer than only with battery, definitely is battery problem.

Because the radio conditions (RSRP of -114dBm and RSRQ of -16dB) are so poor that the high order modulation scheme for LTE+ (256QAM) will not be able to be decoded.
The UE reports the radio channel conditions back to the eNodeB and based on those reports, the Scheduler will decide on what modulation scheme can be supported for the downlink.

Thank you very much.

can you post same camera info from Global ROM 8.8.23..?
Does not exist the global ROM 8.8.23 in Mi Note 3. The only thing I know is that the quality of the camera is inferior in Xiaomi.eu ROM and several users have said it, I would like to know if there is some way to correct this problem.

Enviado desde mi Mi Note 3 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi. I have 3 problem with camera in Mi8.
1. In options I have 4:3 15,9mpx but mi8 have only 12mpx in 2 camera sensor
2. I have big drain in camera app. Today I shot with my mi8 10 pictures in 5 minutes. In battery stats camera eat 25% and runtime is over 1h but I closed it after 5 minutes.
3. HDR issue. Is don't working. Change on/off and I can't see difference between pictures. Sometime is working but pictures is dark. In 8.8.9 her work perfect.

Where is options quality for front camera?

Edit. In 120fps record af is too slow. And if I editing and add FX in gallery editing I have lags...

Last edited:
Reactions: Nazrin
Just wanted to share that flashing the lastest miui10 firmware (8.8.23) for the Mi 5s significantly speeds up the fingerprint reader.

You can install it by either getting it direct from xiaomi - the same dev roms that this site uses (with the firmware script here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software-hacking/devices-xiaomi-firmware-updater-t3741446) Or download a pre-build flashable firmware from that same link.

Is it secure to flash the updated firmware? No problems, bootloops etc...? There are also non-arb-firmware files.

If with charger connected phone starts and works a little longer than only with battery, definitely is battery problem.
ok, thanks. I'm looking now for a battery. But in the meantime, i was flashing the new image file, and left the lock switch on. Now i can't flash any image at all. I downloaded the xiaomi miflash_unlock_en_3.3.827.31 for windows to unlock, but it says that the device cannot be unlocked. Someone say that i have to try an older version of the program, others say that i should follow the unofficial way to do it. So, i'm playing around with it. Another way to pass a weekend.

?? The firmware is only being removed from the ROMs for the devices blessed by ARB, as I understand it?

i found a bug here...when i playing pubg mobile i got my phone was stuck and reboot suddenly every loading start and finish of a match...

Call problems with 8.8.23 on Mi Max 3

I have a Mi MIX and a Mi Max 3 (which recently arrived with the xiaomi.eu 8.7.27 ROM). I updated my Mi MIX to xiaomi.eu 8.8.23 without any problems, but I encountered serious call problems on the Mi Max 3 after the update. When in a call the other party would report my voice changed to a robotic sound and they couldn't make me out. I used the MiFlash utility to return the Mi Max 3 to the China Stable ROM and all my calls worked great. I then used fastboot to re-install TWRP, formatted data, wiped everything except System, and re-flashed xiaomi.eu 8.8.23. The distortion in my voice came back when people called me and now I couldn't call out because every call would say "call could not be completed". So I flashed xiaomi 8.8.9 which several Mi Max 3 owners said worked well for them and all the call problems seem to have gone away. I've spent an hour making calls to landlines and other mobiles and so far so good. Perhaps others who are experiencing call problems with the Mi Max 3 on 8.8.23 should revert to 8.8.9 like I did to see if it fixes their call issues.

Reactions: TroubleBeast
Call problems with 8.8.23 on Mi Max 3

I have a Mi MIX and a Mi Max 3 (which recently arrived with the xiaomi.eu 8.7.27 ROM). I updated my Mi MIX to xiaomi.eu 8.8.23 without any problems, but I encountered serious call problems on the Mi Max 3 after the update. When in a call the other party would report my voice changed to a robotic sound and they couldn't make me out. I used the MiFlash utility to return the Mi Max 3 to the China Stable ROM and all my calls worked great. I then used fastboot to re-install TWRP, formatted data, wiped everything except System, and re-flashed xiaomi.eu 8.8.23. The distortion in my voice came back when people called me and now I couldn't call out because every call would say "call could not be completed". So I flashed xiaomi 8.8.9 which several Mi Max 3 owners said worked well for them and all the call problems seem to have gone away. I've spent an hour making calls to landlines and other mobiles and so far so good. Perhaps others who are experiencing call problems with the Mi Max 3 on 8.8.23 should revert to 8.8.9 like I did to see if it fixes their call issues.

Hey! Iam on 8.8.23 and iam experiencing same Problems with calls also with mobile Internet interruptions. How can i downgrade to 8.8.9? Just flash it? I just recently flashed to 8.8.23... your help would be nice :)

Thankfully the good people at xiaomi.eu have stripped the anti-rollback feature from the 8.8.23 firmware so if you are on the xiaomi.eu version you can downgrade without bricking your phone. Just download the 8.8.9 version and flash it in TWRP. Wipe cache and dalvik and reboot. Let me know if that solves your call issues. 8.8.30 should be released this weekend, but now I'm going to be cautious about moving off 8.8.9.

Reactions: NiklasA
Thankfully the good people at xiaomi.eu have stripped the anti-rollback feature from the 8.8.23 firmware so if you are on the xiaomi.eu version you can downgrade without bricking your phone. Just download the 8.8.9 version and flash it in TWRP. Wipe cache and dalvik and reboot. Let me know if that solves your call issues. 8.8.30 should be released this weekend, but now I'm going to be cautious about moving off 8.8.9.

Thank you for your answer!

I could also just backup the actual stuff iam on with TWRP and if something went wront on downgrading to 8.8.9 i just could backup everthing right?

Status
Not open for further replies.