MIUI 10.3 9.1.17

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dre89

Members
Nov 11, 2018
I have a problem with the calendar notifications.
I do not know if it was like that in the Global Beta or Stable, but I just can not get any notifications about calendar events anymore.
Even imported birthdays from the contacts are no longer signaled.
Can anyone confirm that?

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk
Hey there! I don't have any problems with that. Did you try reinstalling the app? I didn't touch any of the MIUI settings for that app and it is working as expected.

vootzilla

Members
Jun 28, 2018
Mix 2S has had problem with Instagram for a few months including this MIUI update. It freezes the phone when switching accounts on IG, especially when switching to account with business type. Anyone has this same issue?

pittrich67

Members
Dec 29, 2016
Today I have massive Wi-Fi network problems. Only when I turn off Wi-Fi can I transfer data. Even apps work only with mobile data.

frofa

Members
Mar 31, 2017
Good News!
Mi Note 3 Bluetooth problem finally gone!
I wondered whether this is possible, and installed the new ROM. And what can I say, it is NOT FIXED. It bugs my phone since at least September last year, and countless weekly betas have NOT improved the situation. And that's not only true for my Mi Note 3, but also for my Mi Pad 4plus. So, again NOTHING has changed.
I wished people would investigate more thoroughly before they claim that a bug is fixed. It is not only unfair for everyone else who has hopes, but actually makes it more unlikely that the bug will ever be fixed - as long as there are (WRONG!) reports that the bug is fixed, developers have no motivation to look into the problem.

graw2

Mi Mix 2S Tester
Staff member
May 17, 2013
I need someone with Mix2S to confirm this:
All these games are incompatible, for some and for some are not.
I already investigated that elsewhere, and what I found is that is ROM problem.

Here is an incomplete list of the apps that I cannot install through play store
-NFS No Limits
-TWD Nomans land
-Modern Combat 5
-2020 My country
-Angry Birds Evolution
-Fifa 16 soccer
-Dungeon Hunter 5
-Fast & Furious 7
-Dead Space
-Minion paradise
-Kings road

Also fifa soccer is FC on eu roms
I just checked...

I can confirm all of them except Fast & Furious 7, Dead Space, Minion paradise as these games can't be found on google play store

Fifa soccer crashing here as well...

gulp79

Members
Aug 1, 2018
Hi all, there is a way to start the "Smart Lock" apps in XIAOMI.EU?

There is no front end to access Google Smart Lock in MIUI for some reason even though the functionality is there (and MIUI official smart lock dosn't work and dosn't find Bluetooth devices).
When I set up the phone the smart lock option for on body detection is offered.
When a Bluetooth device is connected for the firts time, if you look at your notifications one will say keep your device unlocked when connected to this device .
If you click on the notification it will take you to the Google Smart Lock screen to add your device.
Eventually I also received a notification asking if I wanted to keep my device unlocked at home.
Clicking the notification opened that Google Smart Lock option.

Is possible to start manually (for example with Nova Launcher Activity, or starting the process on ADB, or add a link in XIAOMI.EU settings) the Google Smart Lock apps?

(i'm on 9.1.17 MI8 dipper)

Stoffl

Members
Dec 13, 2018
Hi all, there is a way to start the "Smart Lock" apps in XIAOMI.EU?

There is no front end to access Google Smart Lock in MIUI for some reason even though the functionality is there (and MIUI official smart lock dosn't work and dosn't find Bluetooth devices).
When I set up the phone the smart lock option for on body detection is offered.
When a Bluetooth device is connected for the firts time, if you look at your notifications one will say keep your device unlocked when connected to this device .
If you click on the notification it will take you to the Google Smart Lock screen to add your device.
Eventually I also received a notification asking if I wanted to keep my device unlocked at home.
Clicking the notification opened that Google Smart Lock option.

Is possible to start manually (for example with Nova Launcher Activity, or starting the process on ADB, or add a link in XIAOMI.EU settings) the Google Smart Lock apps?

(i'm on 9.1.17 MI8 dipper)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.rachel030219.smartlocklauncher&hl=de_AT

zeyentology

Members
Sep 11, 2018
I do not know if it was like that in the Global Beta or Stable, but I just can not get any notifications about calendar events anymore.
Can anyone confirm that?

Received all notifications for today in time. So on my Mi8 I can't reproduce this...

hobbycamper

Members
Jan 2, 2019
Did you test it?
On which devices it will work?
(Poco and Max2 have no file com.android.systemui in /system/media/theme/default)

EDIT: Found com.android.systemui on Poco - Just for testing I set name="show_battery_digit_full" in themes_values.xml from false to true.
Result: See Screenshots (Pic1 - true, Pic2 - false)
View attachment 22986View attachment 22987
Is it possible for you to showing the complete path, where the fils is?
On Poco I can´t find the "com.android.systemui" with root-explorer. only a "com.android.systemui.png"
Thanks!

Reactions: nik.shersh

nik.shersh

Members
Jul 18, 2014
Is it possible for you to showing the complete path, where the fils is?
On Poco I can´t find the "com.android.systemui" with root-explorer. only a "com.android.systemui.png"
Thanks!
You need to remove the .pdf extension from the file "com.android.systemui.pdf" in the prev post (the forum allows to attach only pictures and documents, so I did such a trick with the file extension).

Copy the file "com.android.systemui" to the specified path. If there is no such path, then create it. Set permission 0644 for file.
Reapply default theme or reboot phone.

The resources in the file "com.android.systemui" are not perfect.

I only found and showed that it is possible to change the battery using theme elements in MIUI 10.

Hope I answered in detail and it will help.
Sorry for my inglish.

IMG_20190123_174317.jpg

carlofarina

Members
May 9, 2016
I wondered whether this is possible, and installed the new ROM. And what can I say, it is NOT FIXED. It bugs my phone since at least September last year, and countless weekly betas have NOT improved the situation. And that's not only true for my Mi Note 3, but also for my Mi Pad 4plus. So, again NOTHING has changed.
I wished people would investigate more thoroughly before they claim that a bug is fixed. It is not only unfair for everyone else who has hopes, but actually makes it more unlikely that the bug will ever be fixed - as long as there are (WRONG!) reports that the bug is fixed, developers have no motivation to look into the problem.
you are right. it has not worked for many months

hobbycamper

Members
Jan 2, 2019
You need to remove the .pdf extension from the file "com.android.systemui.pdf" in the prev post (the forum allows to attach only pictures and documents, so I did such a trick with the file extension).

Copy the file "com.android.systemui" to the specified path. If there is no such path, then create it. Set permission 0644 for file.
Reapply default theme or reboot phone.

The resources in the file "com.android.systemui" are not perfect.

I only found and showed that it is possible to change the battery using theme elements in MIUI 10.

Hope I answered in detail and it will help.
Sorry for my inglish.

"Michael_K" ´s comment sounds like he found the file in his device.....

nik.shersh

Members
Jul 18, 2014
"Michael_K" ´s comment sounds like he found the file in his device.....
Sorry, this is my mistake in the first post. By default, the file "com.android.systemui " does not exist at the specified path, I always add it with my patch (increasing the font in the status bar) after installing the firmware.

D

Deleted member 210509

Can anyone confirm that?
For crying out loud, please attach the files as thumbnails... It's really hard to follow this thread.

This not only applies to you but everyone who posts full images instead of thumbnails as it adds unnecessary noise to the already bloated thread!

Btw, I don't have a problem with calendar notification on my MI 8.

pittrich67

Members
Dec 29, 2016
For crying out loud, please attach the files as thumbnails... It's really hard to follow this thread.

This not only applies to you but everyone who posts full images instead of thumbnails as it adds unnecessary noise to the already bloated thread!

Btw, I don't have a problem with calendar notification on my MI 8.
I understand it, but the statement that everything works for you does not help me. Could you tell me if you configured the calendar somehow, or just use it out of the box.

D

Deleted member 210509

I understand it, but the statement that everything works for you does not help me. Could you tell me if you configured the calendar somehow, or just use it out of the box.
I disabled MIUI Calendar and use Google Calendar and gave all permissions and notifications are enabled. That's all.

D

Deleted member 181397

Any one use Network signal guru to test the using mobile band in mi8? It shows "driver not working and unknown error".

graw2

Mi Mix 2S Tester
Staff member
May 17, 2013
I just checked...

I can confirm all of them except Fast & Furious 7, Dead Space, Minion paradise as these games can't be found on google play store

Fifa soccer crashing here as well...
I need someone with Mix2S to confirm this:
All these games are incompatible, for some and for some are not.
I already investigated that elsewhere, and what I found is that is ROM problem.

Here is an incomplete list of the apps that I cannot install through play store
-NFS No Limits
-TWD Nomans land
-Modern Combat 5
-2020 My country
-Angry Birds Evolution
-Fifa 16 soccer
-Dungeon Hunter 5
-Fast & Furious 7
-Dead Space
-Minion paradise
-Kings road

Also fifa soccer is FC on eu roms
It is not ROM issue but pie based MIUI issue. It means same issue with Global beta except FIFA soccer app crash...

Status
Not open for further replies.