Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need someone with Mix2S to confirm this:
All these games are incompatible, for some and for some are not.
I already investigated that elsewhere, and what I found is that is ROM problem.

Here is an incomplete list of the apps that I cannot install through play store
-NFS No Limits
-TWD Nomans land
-Modern Combat 5
-2020 My country
-Angry Birds Evolution
-Fifa 16 soccer
-Dungeon Hunter 5
-Fast & Furious 7
-Dead Space
-Minion paradise
-Kings road

Also fifa soccer is FC on eu roms

I just checked...

I can confirm all of them except Fast & Furious 7, Dead Space, Minion paradise as these games can't be found on google play store

Fifa soccer crashing here as well...

Hi all, there is a way to start the "Smart Lock" apps in XIAOMI.EU?

There is no front end to access Google Smart Lock in MIUI for some reason even though the functionality is there (and MIUI official smart lock dosn't work and dosn't find Bluetooth devices).
When I set up the phone the smart lock option for on body detection is offered.
When a Bluetooth device is connected for the firts time, if you look at your notifications one will say keep your device unlocked when connected to this device .
If you click on the notification it will take you to the Google Smart Lock screen to add your device.
Eventually I also received a notification asking if I wanted to keep my device unlocked at home.
Clicking the notification opened that Google Smart Lock option.

Is possible to start manually (for example with Nova Launcher Activity, or starting the process on ADB, or add a link in XIAOMI.EU settings) the Google Smart Lock apps?

(i'm on 9.1.17 MI8 dipper)

Hi all, there is a way to start the "Smart Lock" apps in XIAOMI.EU?

There is no front end to access Google Smart Lock in MIUI for some reason even though the functionality is there (and MIUI official smart lock dosn't work and dosn't find Bluetooth devices).
When I set up the phone the smart lock option for on body detection is offered.
When a Bluetooth device is connected for the firts time, if you look at your notifications one will say keep your device unlocked when connected to this device .
If you click on the notification it will take you to the Google Smart Lock screen to add your device.
Eventually I also received a notification asking if I wanted to keep my device unlocked at home.
Clicking the notification opened that Google Smart Lock option.

Is possible to start manually (for example with Nova Launcher Activity, or starting the process on ADB, or add a link in XIAOMI.EU settings) the Google Smart Lock apps?

(i'm on 9.1.17 MI8 dipper)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.rachel030219.smartlocklauncher&hl=de_AT

I have a problem with the calendar notifications.
I do not know if it was like that in the Global Beta or Stable, but I just can not get any notifications about calendar events anymore.
Even imported birthdays from the contacts are no longer signaled.
Can anyone confirm that?
cb45e08c00b03d675274d4f54299f7d6.jpg
c5a3d365e482319280e398a8700a298d.jpg
2446dafa93818da120818b07891f957d.jpg
022996a65b22541a21883d29e2c9a867.jpg

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk
Received all notifications for today in time. So on my Mi8 I can't reproduce this...

Did you test it?
On which devices it will work?
(Poco and Max2 have no file com.android.systemui in /system/media/theme/default)

EDIT: Found com.android.systemui on Poco - Just for testing I set name="show_battery_digit_full" in themes_values.xml from false to true.
Result: See Screenshots (Pic1 - true, Pic2 - false)
View attachment 22986View attachment 22987

Is it possible for you to showing the complete path, where the fils is?
On Poco I can´t find the "com.android.systemui" with root-explorer. only a "com.android.systemui.png"
Thanks!

Reactions: nik.shersh
Is it possible for you to showing the complete path, where the fils is?
On Poco I can´t find the "com.android.systemui" with root-explorer. only a "com.android.systemui.png"
Thanks!

You need to remove the .pdf extension from the file "com.android.systemui.pdf" in the prev post (the forum allows to attach only pictures and documents, so I did such a trick with the file extension).

Copy the file "com.android.systemui" to the specified path. If there is no such path, then create it. Set permission 0644 for file.
Reapply default theme or reboot phone.

The resources in the file "com.android.systemui" are not perfect.

I only found and showed that it is possible to change the battery using theme elements in MIUI 10.

Hope I answered in detail and it will help.
Sorry for my inglish.

IMG_20190123_174317.jpg

I wondered whether this is possible, and installed the new ROM. And what can I say, it is NOT FIXED. It bugs my phone since at least September last year, and countless weekly betas have NOT improved the situation. And that's not only true for my Mi Note 3, but also for my Mi Pad 4plus. So, again NOTHING has changed.
I wished people would investigate more thoroughly before they claim that a bug is fixed. It is not only unfair for everyone else who has hopes, but actually makes it more unlikely that the bug will ever be fixed - as long as there are (WRONG!) reports that the bug is fixed, developers have no motivation to look into the problem.
you are right. it has not worked for many months

You need to remove the .pdf extension from the file "com.android.systemui.pdf" in the prev post (the forum allows to attach only pictures and documents, so I did such a trick with the file extension).

Copy the file "com.android.systemui" to the specified path. If there is no such path, then create it. Set permission 0644 for file.
Reapply default theme or reboot phone.

The resources in the file "com.android.systemui" are not perfect.

I only found and showed that it is possible to change the battery using theme elements in MIUI 10.

Hope I answered in detail and it will help.
Sorry for my inglish.

"Michael_K" ´s comment sounds like he found the file in his device.....

"Michael_K" ´s comment sounds like he found the file in his device.....
Sorry, this is my mistake in the first post. By default, the file "com.android.systemui " does not exist at the specified path, I always add it with my patch (increasing the font in the status bar) after installing the firmware.

I have a problem with the calendar notifications.
I do not know if it was like that in the Global Beta or Stable, but I just can not get any notifications about calendar events anymore.
Even imported birthdays from the contacts are no longer signaled.
Can anyone confirm that?
For crying out loud, please attach the files as thumbnails... It's really hard to follow this thread.

This not only applies to you but everyone who posts full images instead of thumbnails as it adds unnecessary noise to the already bloated thread!

Btw, I don't have a problem with calendar notification on my MI 8.

For crying out loud, please attach the files as thumbnails... It's really hard to follow this thread.

This not only applies to you but everyone who posts full images instead of thumbnails as it adds unnecessary noise to the already bloated thread!

Btw, I don't have a problem with calendar notification on my MI 8.
I understand it, but the statement that everything works for you does not help me. Could you tell me if you configured the calendar somehow, or just use it out of the box.

I understand it, but the statement that everything works for you does not help me. Could you tell me if you configured the calendar somehow, or just use it out of the box.
I disabled MIUI Calendar and use Google Calendar and gave all permissions and notifications are enabled. That's all.

Any one use Network signal guru to test the using mobile band in mi8? It shows "driver not working and unknown error".

I just checked...

I can confirm all of them except Fast & Furious 7, Dead Space, Minion paradise as these games can't be found on google play store

Fifa soccer crashing here as well...

I need someone with Mix2S to confirm this:
All these games are incompatible, for some and for some are not.
I already investigated that elsewhere, and what I found is that is ROM problem.

Here is an incomplete list of the apps that I cannot install through play store
-NFS No Limits
-TWD Nomans land
-Modern Combat 5
-2020 My country
-Angry Birds Evolution
-Fifa 16 soccer
-Dungeon Hunter 5
-Fast & Furious 7
-Dead Space
-Minion paradise
-Kings road

Also fifa soccer is FC on eu roms

It is not ROM issue but pie based MIUI issue. It means same issue with Global beta except FIFA soccer app crash...

Sorry, this is my mistake in the first post. By default, the file "com.android.systemui " does not exist at the specified path, I always add it with my patch (increasing the font in the status bar) after installing the firmware.
For Poco this was not your mistake. On Poco I found file. But on Max 2 I did not find it.
@hobbycamper
You will find 'com.android.systemui' in /data/system/themes
(Poco, 9.1.17, with app 'root browser' )

How old is your phone?
Do you expect that the battery would last like the first day you bought it?

You do know that the battery life would depreciate day by day right?

if expected that i would not now that the battery depreciate day by day, right?

or is just a statement made of thin air with out any context inside?

have you see me saying that my battery is not as the day i bought it?

sometimes is just better, to not say anything...

Reactions: MontesJr
Miui 9.1.17 on Redmi note 5 AI - terrible camera !!!! Very bad quality... big noise, poor zoom, invisible on dark... disgusting pictures, very disappointing! I came back to global rom and camera is perfect. Any other with this problem? In 9.1.24 is this repair ????

Since you are dissatisfied with the stock camera, you have options to use camera ports based on the *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* in pixel phones.

Its caused by very bad photographer..
I'm not kidding and i am friendly, i respect your work and wanna use rom but cam is really bad... i don't know why... problem is not in photographer... i came back to stable and don't have problem with cam - it's ok! I wanna use this ROM and maybe can try with new version.... There is no point in making up my mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.