Do you like this MIUI version?

• YES

Votes: 300 84.5%
  • NO

Votes: 55 15.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange... First post brings to the same official TWRP download page... Maybe your first download was corrupt?

If you're having troubles copying the ROM to internal memory, I would suggest to use a microSD if you have it, along with an adapter for your computer

- Tapatalked from my Mi Max 3 -
EDIT: sorry.. Just realised that Mi 8 doesn't seem to be "memory expandable"... Is that correct?

It is right. MI8 is not memory expandable.
Strange... First post brings to the same official TWRP download page... Maybe your first download was corrupt?

If you're having troubles copying the ROM to internal memory, I would suggest to use a microSD if you have it, along with an adapter for your computer

- Tapatalked from my Mi Max 3 -
EDIT: sorry.. Just realised that Mi 8 doesn't seem to be "memory expandable"... Is that correct?

It is right. MI8 is not memory expandable.

Which is the difference between the 9.2.14 and the 9.2.15? ._.

Do I have to update?

Installed in a Redmi 5 Plus

face unlock does not work at mi pad 4.
When I want to set up new face, tablet can not load camera.

Last edited:
ive done that too. unfortunately it still got me into FASTBOOT MODE, somehow anything i flashed through TWRP it just dont wanna boot to MIUI.
You didn't find these:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi8-se-cant-install-any-custom-rom.49125/
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi8-se-on-boot-loop-when-installing-latest-weekly.48780/
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi-8-se-how-to-install-xioami-eu-9-1-3.48537/

Your solution is MIFLASH and official rom.
then twrp1102 or 1217.

Reactions: aliffaminuddin
Why do I see lots of users going for face unlock? It's NOT a secure way to unlock the phone and please read about it. I love the fingerprint unlock as all you do is touch the fingerprint sensor and it unlocks in a snap... So, not sure why all this hubba hubba about IR sensor not working in MI 8.

I encrypted the phone and with the fingerprint sensor, I feel that the phone is much more secure!

I am using Poco F1 with 9.1.24 but hesitant to update to the new version because I experience scroll/animation being sluggish on 9.1.24. Is there any sluggishness in scroll in 9.2./1415? Thank you.

Update MIX2S last night.
Magisk Installed.
Seems to be working fine.
ddb65b65980d32c9038ab0a9a08b1615.jpg
d6733d00ea209442ed5e7d1635d4b338.jpg

Sent from my MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Why do I see lots of users going for face unlock? It's NOT a secure way to unlock the phone and please read about it. I love the fingerprint unlock as all you do is touch the fingerprint sensor and it unlocks in a snap... So, not sure why all this hubba hubba about IR sensor not working in MI 8.

I encrypted the phone and with the fingerprint sensor, I feel that the phone is much more secure!

Because it's a more fast way to unlock the phone. And not to contradict you, but also the fingerprint is not secure (search on Google).

Because it's a more fast way to unlock the phone. And not to contradict you, but also the fingerprint is not secure (search on Google).
Fingerprint unlock is much more secure than face unlock and it's not even in the same league! Anyways, if you like face unlock, go for it. There is no way on the earth I will choose face unlock. To each his own. ;)

Fingerprint unlock is much more secure than face unlock and it's not even in the same league! Anyways, if you like face unlock, go for it. There is no way on the earth I will choose face unlock. To each his own. ;)

Not in the way is it implemented on common smartphones:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/10/...ecurity-smartphones-apple-google-samsung.html

https://www.theverge.com/2016/5/2/11540962/iphone-samsung-fingerprint-duplicate-hack-security

Face unlock = 2d picture
Fingerprint = A series of 2d pictures

Same result, that can be beated only by 3d face unlock or ultrasound fingerprint.

Last edited:
Do you mean Face unlock?

We mean, face unlock uses normal front camera instead of IR camera, so its slower and unable to unlock in the dark. However, we can add face data with ir sensor trough config, but face unlock is still using the front camera but not the ir camera.

Im also experiencing a lot of app crash (for example, i cant read a message in gmail, it crashes, or go to a website inside facebook app, it crashes too, quickapps crashes too)

My device is a poco f1

And also, my Mi Pad 4 cant use his front camera either to face unlock or add face data.

Last edited:
Reactions: kotou

because mi pad 4 doesn't have fingerprint sensor.

Thanks graw2. I was able to install TWRP recovery, but it seems that I fix a problem and a new one arises. Now I try to copy the rom xiaomi.eu_multi_Mi8_9.24_v10.9 using the windows file browser to the internal storage of the phone and the copy fails. Try to do it with another latop and the same problem. I was looking in google if there was a way to do it using adb and I find that it can be done with the push command but it also gives me an error. Is there another way ?. thanks
Itt is simple....

Boot to twrp recovery > make factory reset > make FORMAT DATA > reboot to recovery > copy ROM > install ROM > reboot to system

or

Use USB OTG to install ROM

or

Use ADB SideLoad to install ROM

I agree globally with you, but You are only secure because you encrypted as well. many of us don't encrypt at all!
Let me know How you did encrypt.
Thanks

Hi everyone.
How i can update from 9.2.14 to 9.2.15? Is it possible OTA?

Last edited:
Can I install the previous 9.1.24 on my Mi 8 after I installed 9.2.15? It's not problem with antiroll back?

Thanks

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.