Invalid 9.9.27 Mi8: Czech language shows smaller clock in status bar than other languages

SirKekSias

Members
Sep 25, 2019
Device: Mi 8
MIUI: 9.9.27 v2

Czech language shows smaller/thinner clock than other languages (e.g. English UK). The main problem is that it is harder to read when used outside in bright sun and as I am wearing glasses too the clock is almost unreadable in these conditions (the font thickness is set to max).

These screenshots are self explanatory.

English: Bolder clock
Screenshot_2019-10-01-10-04-21-760_com.android.settings.jpg

Czech: Thinner clock
Screenshot_2019-10-01-10-04-15-140_com.android.settings.jpg

its by design.. not a bug..
But why does it affect Czech language only? (and now I have noticed it in Slovak language too, does it have something to do with MIUIos CZ/SK community or there Is different point of this design thing?) Thanks for answer.

But why does it affect Czech language only? (and now I have noticed it in Slovak language too, does it have something to do with MIUIos CZ/SK community or there Is different point of this design thing?) Thanks for answer.

My assumption is certain preferences and design choices which were decided a long time ago are still implemented in the new roms. Even if there is no real reason for it, it somehow made itself into the rom and appears to be staying that way. Similar to how the roms are still using the same custom icon pack from 3 years ago even though the flat pastel design is outdated. I think those icons were put in because miui had strange colored borders around app icons, that was fixed a long time ago but still these icons remain, even though I think its better to leave original third party icons.

My assumption is certain preferences and design choices which were decided a long time ago are still implemented in the new roms. Even if there is no real reason for it, it somehow made itself into the rom and appears to be staying that way. Similar to how the roms are still using the same custom icon pack from 3 years ago even though the flat pastel design is outdated. I think those icons were put in because miui had strange colored borders around app icons, that was fixed a long time ago but still these icons remain, even though I think its better to leave original third party icons.

You're right. It's very strange why they keep these changes in their roms. Just compare new MIUI 11 icons next to their custom icon pack... It looks weird, outdated and inconsistent. I have tested China beta and original 3rd party icons are much better. They should make something with it - it's 2019 already.

You're right. It's very strange why they keep these changes in their roms. Just compare new MIUI 11 icons next to their custom icon pack... It looks weird, outdated and inconsistent. I have tested China beta and original 3rd party icons are much better. They should make something with it - it's 2019 already.

Yep, especially now amoled screens are becoming more common, the stock icons are going for a more vibrant look to take advantage of the high color gamut and vibrant colors possible on amoled. The xiaomi.eu youtube icon is one I particularly dislike, the red is so dull, then you open the app and it shows the real youtube red. Why not just leave that default icon?

Yep, especially now amoled screens are becoming more common, the stock icons are going for a more vibrant look to take advantage of the high color gamut and vibrant colors possible on amoled. The xiaomi.eu youtube icon is one I particularly dislike, the red is so dull, then you open the app and it shows the real youtube red. Why not just leave that default icon?

They're surely outdated. EU team should remove them entirely. Look at these icons, there are some weird white borders around them. Didn't have this problem in Global nor China. It's a pity because I really liked eu in the past a lot...
IMG_20191001_204211.jpg