Android 6.0 Source Code Released!!!

manohar

Members
Jun 6, 2013
HI guys as you all know by now that the android 6.0 source code released.
Does anyone here planning to bring marshmallow to Mi2S?
It was not announced officially.... Hence asking here.
Forgive me if I am asking it in the wrong section, if there is no support for Mi2S, I will buy new phone. Pls share your thoughts here.

I'm hoping on Ivan's AOSP, but I'm not sure he'll work on it. Last year AOSP Lollipop came on November.
The other hope is that M1cha have not many problems (or not at all) to work quickly on the EFIDroid stuff, so he can start to focus on CM13. But there's to wait a little to firsts CM, and also that, not sure will happen.

Let's wait, that's the only thing we can do (from our knowledge).

I think efidroid is somewhat on final development, efidroid + cm 13 can be a good crazy combo

Enviado desde mi MI 2S mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: acastrocab
I found this guide for the nexus 4...its possible to do something with mi2?
dmitry.gr/index.php?r=06.%20Thoughts&proj=02.%20Android%20M%20on%20Nexus4

Too many "to" lol

If the port is easy a developer already did it ;)
If you are a developer why do you ask about it?
Sorry for the '' too many to''.
I'm not an Android developper. I'm just want to learn how to do this.

Envoyé de mon MI 2SC en utilisant Tapatalk

Sorry for the '' too many to''.
I'm not an Android developper. I'm just want to learn how to do this.

When doing this keep in mind this is nothing you learn in the 2h free time you have each weekend.
actually developing and improving new software is very different from using and adapting/porting existing source code.

Reactions: Radnou
When doing this keep in mind this is nothing you learn in the 2h free time you have each weekend.
actually developing and improving new software is very different from using and adapting/porting existing source code.
Ok thanks

Hey Mikka, why do you have to discourage people who want to start? If it'll be too difficult people will stop trying, but it's stupid to discourage who has an interest in starting developing. You are not the MI2s God. Instead of discouraging people you could give us a free bug ROM, for example. If you can't don't discourage who wants to learn how to develop. You started from zero too, right? Or did you start developing already knowing everything?

Reactions: Radnou
Hey Mikka, why do you have to discourage people who want to start? If it'll be too difficult people will stop trying, but it's stupid to discourage who has an interest in starting developing. You are not the MI2s God. Instead of discouraging people you could give us a free bug ROM, for example. If you can't don't discourage who wants to learn how to develop. You started from zero too, right? Or did you start developing already knowing everything?
OMG chill out!!If m1cha say that is hard is because is hard ...He didnt discourage anyone he said the truth ..Im playing with android for 3 years and i dont know anything about developing, you dont have guides or anything to help you and whatsmore if you dont have the code like m1cha a few years ago, just impossible for a normal person

M1cha said the truth, no more than that. Just go for it, start developing and then report back how difficult is. And by the way... M1cha IS Mi2s god

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

So you're going to install a nexus 4 version on your mi2s ?

I miss someone asking for IOS or Windowsphone on the mi2s and like someone said once "the circle will be complete my friend".
The nexus 4 is similar to the xiaomi mi2s, so a porting is easier

The nexus 4 is similar to the xiaomi mi2s, so a porting is easier
It was a joke.
But if you ask, yes I know but what is the point as we still don't have stable version of 5.x except for Ivan AOSP even if some of the roms use mako sources ? Maybe focusing on something and finishing it before starting a new thing is the key. No ?

It was a joke.
But if you ask, yes I know but what is the point as we still don't have stable version of 5.x except for Ivan AOSP even if some of the roms use mako sources ? Maybe focusing on something and finishing it before starting a new thing is the key. No ?
Me personally I also like a fast, stable Rom more than a multi boot/uefi based boot solution, in the v short term at least.

But I can v well imagine that a brand new, never done before, qualcom wide uefi boot solution is a lot more fun to work on than just another CM release, for sure since marshmallow was/is around the corner.

M1cha only has limited time, as he is a student with a real life too. So how he divides his spare time is complete up to his. We don't pay him, he owns us nothing. If it wasn't for him I might have gotten another phone already.

So please give him a break, I'm sure/hope once he can do a big release on his now top priority project, he'll look into the Rom side again a bit more, as he luckily still likes his Mi2s too.

Me personally I also like a fast, stable Rom more than a multi boot/uefi based boot solution, in the v short term at least.

But I can v well imagine that a brand new, never done before, qualcom wide uefi boot solution is a lot more fun to work on than just another CM release, for sure since marshmallow was/is around the corner.

M1cha only has limited time, as he is a student with a real life too. So how he divides his spare time is complete up to his. We don't pay him, he owns us nothing. If it wasn't for him I might have gotten another phone already.

So please give him a break, I'm sure/hope once he can do a big release on his now top priority project, he'll look into the Rom side again a bit more, as he luckily still likes his Mi2s too.
I'd like a "perfect" ROM for both devs and users too but believe it or not but my new replacement screen broke after just 3 days. OK, I'm kinda clumsy but a phone falling from 40cm height on the edge with a screen protector just should not break. I'm just pretty sure there's no scratch+crack proof replacement screen(like the original) out there.

I'm not necessarily believing in signs of the universe but this is just getting insane. I'm not getting a new phone because I still can develop for mi2 without having a touchscreen, and I still have my Moto E so I'm not gonna buy a new one yet - there's no real alternative anyway(with 4.3inch) and believe it or not but I'm part of the minor group of people who don't need/use a smartphone, I just love developing for them.

What I can say is that the 3.10 kernel ain't gonna happen. that's just too much work for a phone I won't use anymore. If I have time and/or motivation I may still port M but even if not I'll help every interested developer as there seem to be a few now.
This is NOT a total mi2 rip, but it's a huge demotivation on my side.

I'd like a "perfect" ROM for both devs and users too but believe it or not but my new replacement screen broke after just 3 days. OK, I'm kinda clumsy but a phone falling from 40cm height on the edge with a screen protector just should not break. I'm just pretty sure there's no scratch+crack proof replacement screen(like the original) out there.

I'm not necessarily believing in signs of the universe but this is just getting insane. I'm not getting a new phone because I still can develop for mi2 without having a touchscreen, and I still have my Moto E so I'm not gonna buy a new one yet - there's no real alternative anyway(with 4.3inch) and believe it or not but I'm part of the minor group of people who don't need/use a smartphone, I just love developing for them.

What I can say is that the 3.10 kernel ain't gonna happen. that's just too much work for a phone I won't use anymore. If I have time and/or motivation I may still port M but even if not I'll help every interested developer as there seem to be a few now.

That's a shame about the screen, mine suffered much worse and somehow managed to survive (it fell while I was driving a tractor.. lol). Well, it's a shame that you don't have much time/will to work on this phone anymore, your roms always performed the best in my opinion.
And there's actually a pretty good alternative, the Xperia Compact series is pretty neat. The latest iteration, the Z5, is about the same size as the mi2 only with a 4.6 inch screen and better specs. And also an above average battery life.

Good luck with your studies/rom development!

That's a shame about the screen, mine suffered much worse and somehow managed to survive (it fell while I was driving a tractor.. lol). Well, it's a shame that you don't have much time/will to work on this phone anymore, your roms always performed the best in my opinion.
And there's actually a pretty good alternative, the Xperia Compact series is pretty neat. The latest iteration, the Z5, is about the same size as the mi2 only with a 4.6 inch screen and better specs. And also an above average battery life.

Good luck with your studies/rom development!
thx :)
well I'm off-contract - 500EUR are WAY too expensive. Also I hate sony's style with these huge borders and stuff.
Also this phone has the Snapdragon 810 which has overheating issues ;)

thx :)
well I'm off-contract - 500EUR are WAY too expensive. Also I hate sony's style with these huge borders and stuff.
Also this phone has the Snapdragon 810 which has overheating issues ;)
I hear that not all SD810 phones have overheating issues, specifically, OnePlus said their Two has an updated version of the chip where the supposed overheating issue is fixed.
And who cares about the style, I use a thin TPU case anyways : p
You're right though, it does cost quite a bit. The z3 Compact has the 801 and a more sane price, but it's a year old. Also, their phones are IP68 certified, which might explain the price. Maybe.

That is a terribile news for our community :( I think it s time to move on... Maybe an lg g4? Now in italy can be found at 380€ good price for that hardware (same of nexus 5x... So i hope some kind of development like mi2-nexus 4) Anyway... Thank you micha for all your work... You are the soul of this community! :)

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk