Arabic and Persian RTL Fix - 30-10-2011 HUGE UPDATE!!

What is your favourite patching method?

• Total voters
can u give me the file you install for the Arabic because i try all arabic fix and it had the same problem the emoji face or icon i cant see them ...

Hi again. I know this might be out of your scope for this project but do you know why it's not displaying arabic characters right when messaging iphone users ? It works fine when messaging with android, Nokia and BB but not with iphones. However, before the patch with an arabic keyboard installed iphone users receive arabic letters not connected, but they at least receive it and now they can't at all.

Hi again. I know this might be out of your scope for this project but do you know why it's not displaying arabic characters right when messaging iphone users ? It works fine when messaging with android, Nokia and BB but not with iphones. However, before the patch with an arabic keyboard installed iphone users receive arabic letters not connected, but they at least receive it and now they can't at all.

First, thanks for the second coffee!!!

Regarding the chars, have you tried changing the font to a custom one? You have some in the OP.

First, thanks for the second coffee!!!

Regarding the chars, have you tried changing the font to a custom one? You have some in the OP.

I did try all fonts available in your first post and it didn't work.

I did try all fonts available in your first post and it didn't work.

I'm working on an update that should solve some problems, though I don't know if it will fix yours...
Anyway, try changing keyboard (not sure it'll help).

no one can help me about the emoji face or icons ,....

Once again, can you give a more detailed explanation of your problem???

ok .... when i install the rom i can see all the emoji icon
497137.jpg

but when i install the rtl fix cant see them anymore ....

dear roenano i have another problem with Arabic RTL Fix v4 with new MIUI 1.9.30 Rom
"force Close" in Addres Book and t9 ... Arabic RTL Fix v4 work well with 1.9.23 ;-)

Madmack released an update to his patch (don't wotk in MIUI) but the fix for dancing letters in whatsapp is found, he stated:

I’ve just released v0.813 which includes a fix to the “dancing letters” problem in WhatsApp.
uTh has helped to come up with this fix as he found out that the unicode character 0x200F was responsible for this misbehavior. Simply replacing 0x200F with a white space (0×0020) fixed it.

As always, changes are shared with you guys and committed on my github account.

Can you update your patch to include it? he described the changes in code here:
https://github.com/madmack/platform_external_icu4c/commit/95efd32113a3c93525fada8b537e5ede9cd5d3a6

EDIT
Nevermind, I updated some files in your patch with madmacks ones and it worked ...
Thanks, now waiting for your next updates :)

i have the same problem but it seems no way out of it. it seems we need to change to another rom that support arabic

People, sorry I've been away but I just moved to a new apartment so I was pretty busy.
I'm aware of Contacts FC and madmacks new patch. Hopefully on the coming days I'll release an updated version of the patch to fix those problems.

Thanks for the good work, your new features which you are willing to add sounds amazing time and effort saving.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

People, sorry I've been away but I just moved to a new apartment so I was pretty busy.
I'm aware of Contacts FC and madmacks new patch. Hopefully on the coming days I'll release an updated version of the patch to fix those problems.

Roenano,

Thanks Roenano for your work and congrats for your new apartment,
MIUI v1.10.8 is on the way, I think its only few hours from now for it to be released, waiting for the new patch to fix the issues that we have been through.

For your record:

The patch v4 was working flawlessly on MIUI till version 1.9.23.

MIUI-RTL-T9-Script-V4.1: (latest)
*Important update!!
* This update doesn't include new features I've been talking about, the code is not finished.
- Fixed Contacts FC by updating to latest T9 dialer, it includes now more than 15 languages!!
- Fixed dancing letters in whatsapp (thanks to madmack)
- Updated to latest webkit (browser) patch to support more devices (thanks to brightidea)

MIUI-RTL-T9-Script-V4.1.zip

If you enjoy my work show me some love by buying me a beer (or cofee)!!

Thank u so much for your effort :)

btw
anyone having problem when setting alarm ring tone? cuz i cant set the ring tone, JUST SILENT

Dear roenano you did great job the new RTL v4.1 works well and nice
i'll paypal it do day ;-)

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

hii there
anyone here help me out with Arabic language pack , have hd2 with last updated ROM 1.10.8 …cuz i saw one of my friend his rom same to me and support Arabic his ROM can read and write sms in Arabic also can surf in internet in Arabic ofc im talking about separated letter in message

Dear roenano you did great job the new RTL v4.1 works well and nice
i'll paypal it do day ;-)

Thanks, mate. Appreciate it!!

hii there
anyone here help me out with Arabic language pack , have hd2 with last updated ROM 1.10.8 …cuz i saw one of my friend his rom same to me and support Arabic his ROM can read and write sms in Arabic also can surf in internet in Arabic ofc im talking about separated letter in message

Just follow the instructions in the OP and patch your rom.