Arabic and Persian RTL Fix - 30-10-2011 HUGE UPDATE!!

What is your favourite patching method?

• Total voters
People, I see the new T9 dialer was already downloaded few times. As I don't speak Arabic/Persian it's impossible for me to know how it works...
Some feedback will be nicely appreciated!!!!!

NEW: Arabic and Persian T9 Dialer!!!!
It will add the function of searching for Arabic or Persian characters (in addition to english) on dialer.
This is just a test, so DO a nandroid backup before flashing it.
In order to activate it (after flashing it and booting the phone) change your locale to any other else, wait 1-2 mins, go to dilaer and it should work, then go back to your favorite locale.
**The Arabic/Persian characters will not appear in the dialpad, for that to happen I need one of you to edit the PNG below. Once is done I will make a Theme including it for easy installation.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13432366/dialer_buttons.png

Arabic:
miui-1.6.17_Arabic.RTLFix-T9.zip

Persian:
miui-1.6.17_Persian.RTLFix-T9-V2.zip
*Please update to V2 as there was a small mistake in the original version.

Thanks for your effort.
It is working Arabic and English in the same time. (I need to test more combination, Can you share the layout you used for dialpad)
Please find below the layout as png and also for editing I included the psd files.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16440918/Arabic MIUI dialer.zip
I did both (Arabic only, English/Arabic).
If you can do both that will be better, if not please do the English/Arabic (Since yours is working for both).
I also included suggested layout for Arabic letters mapping, please check and include whatever letters are not included

I'll do that tomorrow

sure, just edit the string below with the Arabic alphabet and you'll need to edit the attached PNGs.
when everything is ready i'll compile a script that'll do everything automatically from recovery.

Code:
 <string name="fast_scroll_alphabet">\#ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ</string>

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13432366/Contacts.zip

Can you check if the following could help for fast scroll in Arabic:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16440918/Arabic fastscroll.zip

Can you check if the following could help for fast scroll in Arabic:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16440918/Arabic fastscroll.zip

It should be the second string (without spaces).
The drawable can be improved IMO, the space between the pound and the first letter looks too long, and the colour of the font is too light, may be make it bold?
When you have the 4 drawables ready i'll compile the new Contacts.apk.

Many thanks for your work, all the users will really appreciate it!!!!!!!

Thanks really for your effort.
The Dialpad themes you did is perfect.
The font themes is not working at least with me (even you I change the fonts through root explorer it change the fonts only in the browser, but the Arabic fonts in all other apps like sms still same), please advice..

It should be the second string (without spaces).
The drawable can be improved IMO, the space between the pound and the first letter looks too long, and the colour of the font is too light, may be make it bold?
When you have the 4 drawables ready i'll compile the new Contacts.apk.

Many thanks for your work, all the users will really appreciate it!!!!!!!

I will work on the Arabic letters drawables asap.
Can the script have both language:

<string name="fast_scroll_alphabet">\#ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZأبتثجحخدذرزسشصضطظعغفقكلمنهوي</string>

If yes, can we try to have a copy with this script (with English letters on the scroll (drawables)), because I know some will still prefer the English letters to be there since they have both English and Arabic.

HI Everyone
First of all, I'm new to this forum and I want to say big thank u for your effort on fixing Arabic on this rom :cool:
Second, I decided to start full Arabic translation.
I did translate the framework-res and of course with help of my friend eybee from XDA many thanks to him but it was for eybees's version ( 1.6.17 ).
MY requests are:
1) Can I take the translated file and include it next releases ?
2) Lets put our hands together and start to translate the rest of apps, U know it's very hard to translate all by my self.
SO
Who is with me ?????

Note\ 1) we can start from latest release IF first request is possible.
2) If there are more than 3 or 4 volunteers, we can distribute apps between us.

Hi NMH14,
I would suggest you open a new thread for the project to keep this one on topic.

Thanks

Hey roenano
How R U, I hope U R fine
I Need some help, I'm having pbl with recompilation.
Can link to the best apktool that can be used without any pbl?
And can give me some advices that should be considered when translating any apk???
Thanks in advance

I use 1.3.2, last version gave me some problems.
There are many advices, is pretty hard to point all of them. If you run into any specific problem I'll be more than happy to assist.
I will subscribe to your new translation thread, so if you have any issue post it there and I'll try to help.

I can't help you with the translation because I don't speak Arabic, but I hope some other users will give you a hand.

Excellent work as always :)

Sent from my Nexus S using the miuiandroid.com forum app

Ok, people. Just posted the edited tool I've been working on for you to use.
From now on you are on your own, I will not post the flashable zips any more as you are able to do it yourself.

Hope to see some feedback!

This is a new problem?
Or something was there before?

Anyway, DHD, Desire Z and Nexus S users should mount "/system" manually before flashing the zip.

Oh man roenano I love u man. Its working now...only had to actually mount system manually to make it work...!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using the miuiandroid.com forum app