Arabic and Persian RTL Fix - 30-10-2011 HUGE UPDATE!!

What is your favourite patching method?

• Total voters
does anyone have this bug ,when i try to copy text from the browser it force close.
tried it in 1.7.8 and 1.7.15 may be its from the RTL patch.

plz help me
what should i do for support persian in sms and browser in this version of miui ( 1.7.15)

I followed the instructions word for word. However, I'm getting bootloops.
I pulled the battery, it booted but getting A LOT OF FC's at startup.

1. Does this fix work on ANY custom MIUI rom?
2. I'm using a Nexus One, does it matter?
3. I choose NOT to enable Arabic or Persion dialer, T9, does it matter?

Thank you brother, but there are some problem in (MIUI-Arabic-RTL-T9-Script-V2.1.zip) when I used to translate MIUI 1.7.15, I got a problem when trying to copy from the browser. On the other hand, in the original rom (without Arabic translation) there is no problem, so can you find a solution for this problem?

With regards

I'm getting exactly the same problem with copying text in the browser and gmail on 1.7.15 on a Nexus One.

Libwebcore.so, the file in charge of rendering the text in browser, Gmail and others in the patch is not the original from MIUI, meaning, you can find some side-effects. Nothing I can do...
If that's an issue I can add an option to choose if you want to add this file or not. Let me know.

Hello roenano
Thank you and good job,
Do you have a linux/mac version for this script? I'm using a friend laptop to create the patch every week,so if u have one that will be awesome :).

Note: If you don't want the "Libwebcore.so" file,just delete the file from the script folder and you'll have a patch without this lib.

bardy, sorry but I'm basing the script on an existing one, so con't help you there. I know a new Java based script is in progress that will obviously be multiplatform, but there's no ETA for that. When I have news I'll let you know.

It's not a problem adding an option to choose installation of libwebcore.so or not, just few lines in the script. I'll do it some time during this week and will update it.

Dear roenano
is there any RTL fix for the MIUI FROYO browser?
i cant use miui GB on my X10, the camera is not working with all GB ROMs till now.

Because of some edits made by MIUI devs on Galaxy I9000 and Vibrant the patch won't work properly for this devices.
A workaround is to take the problematic file (libandroid_runtime.so) from any other MIUI device rom (I suggest Nexus S) and run the patch normally. (framework.jar you should take from your rom)
Some users have tested it and felt no side effects at all!

Because of some edits made by MIUI devs on Galaxy I9000 and Vibrant the patch won't work properly for this devices.
A workaround is to take the problematic file (libandroid_runtime.so) from any other MIUI device rom (I suggest Nexus S) and run the patch normally. (framework.jar you should take from your rom)

Dear roenano, thanks a lot for your explaination.

I successed to arabize my HD2 by your script. it worked with me ..

thanks a lot again for your support.

Dear roenano, thanks a lot for your explaination.

I successed to arabize my HD2 by your script. it worked with me ..

thanks a lot again for your support.

For HD2 there's no need to take libandroid_runtime.so from other devices, it applies for Samsung devices only.

thanks man ,,Problem solved

Keep up the good work :)

Dear roenano

after flash RTL zip file .. when i try to copy text from the browser or Gmail it force close ..

Is there a solution .. MyDevice Samsung Galaxy s i9000

Sorry, nothing to do.
The file that patches the browser and Gmail is not original from MIUI so let's call it a side effect for having a working.

Can any of the guys who managed to get the patch working for the latest miui release post the file? Like the guy who.posted nokia7linux patch long before, Some of us dont have/use/need a pc and consequently cant have this.

Thanks in advance guys

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

I've using the patch and following the instructions to get to work. But sometimes, Sound Settings FC, why is that?