Arabic and Persian RTL Fix - 30-10-2011 HUGE UPDATE!!

What is your favourite patching method?

• Total voters
with recovery, just as the Rome installation ok!

i'm sorry 4 bothering u, but this what i did and it didn't work
i used ROM manager, rebboted into recovery and installed the zip file..
but nothing has changed, the arabic letters are still separated
woukd really appreciate your help

i'm sorry 4 bothering u, but this what i did and it didn't work
i used ROM manager, rebboted into recovery and installed the zip file..
but nothing has changed, the arabic letters are still separated
woukd really appreciate your help
--------------------------------------
Same story, i did install it using recovery but no change on arabic.
i repeat it many times.
please help

The flashable zip he posted is probably not compatible with your device.
Just use the tool and make a zip by yourself...

MIUI Arabic

I use to have the same problem but I have tried it yesterday on my nexus 1 using MIUI 1.7.29 and it is working just fine. However I have to say that I have installed the Hebrew Language Pack first than installed the Arabic RTL.

Hi
I used the script to generate the zip file and after flashing it nothing changed. But I copied the files manually and RTL was ok for every application except those who use webcore. They simply quit and I'm not able to use browser or gmail.
I think there is something wrong with libwebcore.
By the way I'm using you solution for my X10i with TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.2.1 Gingerbread ROM. It's based on 1.7.22
P.S your link in the first page (webcore.zip) doesn't work.

The generated file doesn't work with the latest 1.8.5!! seems there are files conflict with android 2.3.5

Try flashing again the rom and then the patch zip without the libwebcore.so (just delete it form the zip) and tell me what happens

Dear roenano,

I want to know, is it possible to do same modification you did for MIUI dailer for HTC sense dialer to have Arabic/English T9 dialing?
If possible, Can you please help (even with some instructions).

Thanks in advance.

It seems that libwebcore is not the problem because after I removed it still not booting.
would anybody please confirm that the script is not worikg for 1.8.5 or it's my own problem,

It seems that libwebcore is not the problem because after I removed it still not booting.
would anybody please confirm that the script is not worikg for 1.8.5 or it's my own problem,

I did the same, I removed Libwebcore from the patch but still my device didn't go past the white htc screen.

Try flashing the rom, rebooting and letting it stabilize (about 2-3 mins), then reboot into recovery and flash the patch.

Dear Roenano,
I am not expert in dealing with android from SW development view. Please tell us how to extract the log files that will help you debug the hanging at startup. Is it possible for example to reboot the mobile in recovery mode after the hanging and run the logcat command and send you its outcome?
Thank you

Try flashing again the rom and then the patch zip without the libwebcore.so (just delete it form the zip) and tell me what happens
Roenano your patch worked on an miui build from xda on my desire hd!
it's called SCI Miui.
I installed it as usual, rom first. then full reboot then the patch.

man can u just make the zipfile and give it to us all finished...
i cant cut the framework.jar nor the lib... and place them into a seperate file to reput them in the zip file... i tried it in es file explorer but it couldnt paste it... dunno wuts the problem
could u please help

i just heard that some people are downloading a file and only installing via recovery and voila... all done