Arabic and Persian RTL Fix - 30-10-2011 HUGE UPDATE!!

What is your favourite patching method?

• Total voters
Hi
I've made the patch for Lg Optimus 2x , but when I flash it I get :
E: Error in /sdcard/update.zip (status 0) Installation aborted.

Please help me
:)

I'm working on an update to the patch that will support O2x flashable zip.
In the meantime you can adb push the contents of the zip to your phone

I'm working on an update to the patch that will support O2x flashable zip.
In the meantime you can adb push the contents of the zip to your phone

I've learned how to do it but , WoW it will take long time to do it , making folders , copying files ........

I think it's better to wait your update looool

Hi roenano
How are you?
I hope you're fine.
I want to ask u abt 2 things:
1- How can i make the launcher rotates when Auto rotation is enabled or when i slide the screen to open the hardware keyboard ( it should rotate )?
2- U know in my case and when i use the official Arabic 2.2 i can type in Arabic using the hardware KB BUT with any other rom, I CAN'T. The Question is HOW can I enable this feature in MIUI or the other roms ?????

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Hi roenano
How are you?
I hope you're fine.
I want to ask u abt 2 things:
1- How can i make the launcher rotates when Auto rotation is enabled or when i slide the screen to open the hardware keyboard ( it should rotate )?
2- U know in my case and when i use the official Arabic 2.2 i can type in Arabic using the hardware KB BUT with any other rom, I CAN'T. The Question is HOW can I enable this feature in MIUI or the other roms ?????

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

1- Landscape launcher is not yet supported by MIUI.

2- Have you installed an Arabic keyboard and set it as default?

Thanx for the Patch script. Here is my MIUI ROM for Nexus S with RTL Patch.

Some credit for RTL and 4-way reboot will be appreciated.

Good work Roenano, i have collected some issues for you :) :
- FC on copy/paste, i think it's a known problem
- the letters "KB" appears on all Gmail titles
- Al-Jazeera font looked really beautiful using Madmack's MOD on stock SGS II ROMs, but it looks ugly here! Kinda like original MIUI font for Persian text, tried restarting the phone, still getting ugly shaped fonts!

Attachments

• 496_1257369414.jpg
    496_1257369414.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 217
I have already flashed MIUI 1.8.5 ROM. So now do I just flash this zip file from Recovery? or is there any other way to apply this patch? and this will work on Desire HD aswell?

The generated update file from script is worked with 1.8.12 but it seems update files with T9 works but without T9 not working!!

The generated update file from script is worked with 1.8.12 but it seems update files with T9 works but without T9 not working!!

It doesn't make any sense as the T9 is not related at all with the RTL. We have spotted a possible change in one of the files the patch replaces and this could be the problem. we are working now on fixing it.

Please roenano
I have my Milestone with Arabic Hardware Keyboard Layout with 2.2.
Updating to MUIU, CM7,.....etc make the keyboard is in English only. Is there anyway to bring back the Arabic functionality to it?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK :)

Please roenano
I have my Milestone with Arabic Hardware Keyboard Layout with 2.2.
Updating to MUIU, CM7,.....etc make the keyboard is in English only. Is there anyway to bring back the Arabic functionality to it?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK :)

Sorry, mate, I have no clue...
probably you will find an answer in XDA forums

It doesn't make any sense as the T9 is not related at all with the RTL. We have spotted a possible change in one of the files the patch replaces and this could be the problem. we are working now on fixing it.

Hey roenano, have you released the Arabic RTL flashable for version 1.8.12 please?

When selecting text in the browser
Are shown "Force Close"
It is possible that the problem of the pack is Arabic?