[DEV] Opensource Kernel

For which devices then? According to factory images and kernel sources only N5(hammerhead) has 4.4
No tonight google is going to release the factory images of nexus 10, 7 (13&12) WiFi only, but nexus 4 and 7 3g (12&13) will not relased tonight :(

Inviato dal mio Nexus 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

I can't find anything about this, so I thought i should ask it here.
Is there a possibility to support loopback devices in a kernel at our xiaomi?

This SHOULD be quite easy, AFAIK, loopback is really hardware agnostic -- so just enable it and rebuild the kernel

Ok but i don't know anything about making kernels or even coding anything. So if it is possible i want to ask if m1cha could add this or if anyone could show me a kernel that supports it.

Hey M1cha, is this Kernel needed to port for example ubuntu to the Mi2s or has it nothing to do with it?

Thx for the info about the binaries. I've build cm11 already. it needs some hacks but if you keep in mind that there aren't even official nightlies this is pretty good. But camera doesn't work at all lol(unexpected^^)
Oh.... But cm haven't got 3/4 of features that cm 10.2 have... Let's wait a bit... Focus on camera ;)

Inviato dal mio MI 2s utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: dextructor
so, can you tell us a step by step tutorial to how to port a mako rom to aries using your kernel?

You have to add all the changes to kernel, device-tree and proprietaries and compile it from source.
There is no generic way of doing this.

As far as I know Samsung Galaxy s4,3, Note 2,3, HTC ONE, has ability to work with DAC without any additional software. Sorry for my English.

Does it work with MIUI? since OTG still doesn't work there currently is no way for any USB gadgets

@M1cha, could you add smartassV2 governor to this kernel ? I think smartassV2 has a good balance between battery and performance, HERE has some info about adding smartassV2, hope this help.

Reactions: erlkönig
@M1cha, could you add smartassV2 governor to this kernel ? I think smartassV2 has a good balance between battery and performance, HERE has some info about adding smartassV2, hope this help.
I don"t think so, cuz cm kernel doesn't support this governor

but features from other developers (like Franncisco Franco), will DRASTICALLY increase battery life and performance of our phone :|

but features from other developers (like Franncisco Franco), will DRASTICALLY increase battery life and performance of our phone :|
That's cm kernel, if u want another port it