External DAC. Finally!

Eram

Members
Feb 10, 2013
Ok, I'm excited!
Finally, I was able to use an external DAC and and amp with my MI2.
I've been waiting for this and almost forgot about it but, right now, During a boring wait for a migration process to complete at work, I stumbled upon thangcoo's post and found out about USB Audio player. Luckily, my existing DAC is compatible (headstage DAC cable). I hooked it into my JDSLabs C421 headphone amp, selected some flacs (mp3's are not support) and the familiar quality that I became so accustomed too when using the exact same setup for my laptop came out of the headphones. I am truly exited about it. My MI2 have just become the ultimative smartphone for me.

Eran

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

That's the only thing I really like with the Meizu phones... They got proper DAC built in.

I wish we had a easy way to get all music played back over such a external DAC.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: dextructor
As i see it, Playing music through usb solves two problems : da conversion and amplification.
Even if a phone has a decent dac(for example, Samsung i9000 has an excellent Wolfson dac) the audio is being amplified by its limited amplifier.
Being able to get a pure, unconverted audio stream and use a DAC of your choice and a proper amplification is a huge advantage for a discerning audio enthusiast. No matter how good the various audio components in a certain phone are, they form a given, unchangeable setup which is configured by the manufacturer to suit the common audio preferences of the masses(as the manufacturer sees it...)

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk