Fake MI2's (Where to buy real ones?)

@apanafka the star means it's a sample model, anyway i'm trying to check all those details shown in the gizchina article because they might be wrong.

@apanafka the star means it's a sample model, anyway i'm trying to check all those details shown in the gizchina article because they might be wrong.
Can you tell me what is the difference? Im just intrested does that make phone less better?

no as the word says its just an example model, and usually comes from the first production lot except that it's a genuine kickass mi two lol

Well, confirmed the reception of my order (2x MI2 16GB) from ibuygou.com. Excellent communication and no fakes: Confirmed

I ran it on normal mode. almost all the time at 60-61FPS, but benchmark said avg 56
looks awesome btw :cool:

hello,

My first post here :)
i have other 2 devices Mi1S one still running, other just died from a malfunction charger
But i want to tell you that i just receive MI2 from ibuygou.com and is original, verry responsive seller and it send it as a gift so no tax :)))
btw i`m from Romania

regards,
deut

Hello community this is my first post here.

I've been looking out for Xiaomi MI2 since October and I've done a lot of research before ordering one. I was very lucky to come across this forum and the reports for the fake devices. I finally ordered from www.ibuygou.com and while my order has yet to be sent to me, I emailed them today to get an update and my email was answered within two hours.

I am not worried about this seller as many before me have confirmed that it's a legit place to buy MI2s from. I just wanted to post the experience I've had so far from contacting them and all I can say is they are really good.

Finally I would like to advise everyone who was unlucky enough to buy a fake phone and paid with a Visa or Mastercard; Even if the seller denies your allegation and dispute and refuses to refund you. Go to your card issuer and file a chargeback. Visa and Mastercard protectyour purchases against fraud and you have a timeframe of 120 days from purchase to file a chargeback and get your money back. I'm sure you all know what to do with your money but just wanted to mention this in case someone has decided to only rely on the dispute process alliexpress etc provide. Do not give up :)

Greetings from Malta :D

I have ordered mine from http://fa-smartimport.nl. It was the only shop based in my own country i could find. I payed €399 for it, which is on the high side, but it also gives me a lot more protection because of national laws applying to my order. Directly after i ordered it I have send the seller an email to inquire for an estimate of the delivery-time, and he responded within 1.5 hours... only in a bit unprofessional way.

When i receive it I will check if it's the real deal and report back to here!

Hi everyone!

I'm also reporting my experience about fake MI2 hoping it helps someone to avoid trouble.

Part 1: To buy

At the moment the official website of Xiaomi has sold out there MI2. It will be back in a couple of days. After checking a lot on Taobao where the cheapest phone starts at 1'999 RMB. But as I never tried that phone, I finally decided to go to the risky Zhongguancun of Beijing.

The first shop I went started the price above 2'000 RMB but quickly lowered it to 1'800, adding 2 years of repair warranty. I walked to the next door where I quickly was offered 1'700 RMB without having to bargain. Too nice to be true but I went to see and a least try a little the phone. Conclusion:

- The graphism weren't really fluid
- After 5 minutes it got quite hot which was supposed to be "normal"
- The seller was quite rude but nothing new in that place
- In the settings there was a weird "4 GB ram memory"

When I saw that last one I left (hearing some nice words from the seller). Went to another place where they had business card and everything seemed fine. They opened a box and I began to check, everything seemed fine. The animation was quite fluid, no over-heating problem etc.. The seller agreed to give me a fapiao (but probably fake too), extend the repair warranty, everything.

Part 2: It's a fake ?

Back home I began to check again:

- The battery took at least 7 hours to be full but only 6 to be back to 0 %
- I noticed some small electric discharge sometimes on the side (like electro-static)
- Sometimes the application would close when I'm writting
- The quality of the camera was not as good as expected

Then I found this forum (thanks god!) were I saw some screenshots of the propriety and which made me realize:

- a strange "540x960" screen resolution (A quick Baidu research shows many people have that) in system info and 360
- I tried to record a 720p video to see if I could really record in 90p but it was just 30p at 640x480
- Then 1080p which recorded a 1280x720 video
- As someone said on the forum the distance between the back logo and the "www.xiaomi.com" are smaller on the fake ones, including mine

Part 3: Yes, it's a fake.

So I was 99 % it was a fake but to avoid shout at someone when the product has another problem, I went to the Xiaomi Center. The employee opened and directly said it was a fake. He explained:

- The slot for the simcard is a bit different
- The "square to dissipate the heat" is not deep enough on the fake
- On the cpu (I guess it's the cpu?), fake ones don't have the two "branches" to dissipate the heat
- He confirmed the logo and "www.xiaomi.com" distance

But for a fake, it was really well done.

Part 4: Exchange

We went with my girlfriend to complain with the fapiao and everything. We didn't say at first we went to the Xiaomi center and knew it was a fake until the seller agreed it is the phone he sold me. Finally by being a little direct he paid me back the money. I'm not sure because many seller in Zhongguancun are professional cheater but he really looked like having no idea it was a fake (and began to be quite worry about the whole stock).

For that part there are some things you should be careful (and was a bit lucky):

- Be sure to ask for a fapiao with the serial number of the product on
- Be clear if you need to check everything completely or can do it at home and come back in case
- As for the business card and make the seller writes any number (his, the shop or the manager)
- To try the phone, make a call to the shop (to have a record on your operator side)
- Act a bit stupid like a happy tourist and takes a picture of the seller with you
- Avoid to pay by cash (if you have a bank account with a few money on it is better we never knows)

Like that if it is a fake, the seller won't be able to use the classic "Who are you? I never saw you".

Anyway I got my money back so this time will wait and directly buy it on the official website of Xiaomi!

Long post but I hope it can avoid someone to get cheat or lose time.

Have a nice weekend,

Sakat

Too bad about your experience, but all turned out all right in the end.
I have a fake and a genuine M2. It is impossible to tell which one is real, having them next to each other. So be careful!

@Crazydriver64 it should be an annoying situation in the morning hen you're late to work to choose the right one XD

Hi there. Did somebody tried mobicity.co.uk?

Mobicity - £360 - with 12 months warranty
ibuygou - $425+$25(DHL) = $450 = £285 + customs = i guess over £300 .

Isn't worth it an extra £50 for 12 months warranty?

Hi there. Did somebody tried mobicity.co.uk?

Mobicity - £360 - with 12 months warranty
ibuygou - $425+$25(DHL) = $450 = £285 + customs = i guess over £300 .

Isn't worth it an extra £50 for 12 months warranty?

They had just announced when I had ordered mine - none-the-less, it seems like it would be more like +$100 for the US.

The experience I had with ibuygou was great and very personal - I would probably still go with them and save the $100, but I also think most warranties are crap anyway.

Hello, somebody know what is real hardware of fake version Xiaomi MI2, i have too fake, but i wanna cnange OS and recovery. Installed Hardare info and unhacked version of Antutu - chip is mt6577, 2 x 1,5ghz, memory is 2GB but i dont know that is really. 16GB sd card. Tnx

Resolution is 540x960, i search any info about this fake on the internet - nothing :(.
I think recovery it's same with Samsung Galaxy SII stock recovery, but phone is not galaxy :).

Warning! android-sale.com is not reliable. They are collecting money via paypal for MI-2 pre-orders. I'm not sure, if they send fake or real Mi-2, but I strongly believe they won't deliver any of the phones.
I am waiting for my refund for more than a month. HK Police will beinvolved.

Hi guys, with help from google, mtk droid and sp flash tool i build CWM recovery for MI2 fake , tested of my MI2 fake machine with MTK6577.
Archive content: ( only fakes with 6577)
SP flash tool , scatter txt and patched recovery . May have few bugs.
I request for work miui for my fake. Tnx :)

http://www.sendmyway.com/id7slkthprab

Reactions: Buddym
+1 for ibuygou.com . I got my 32gb from them. Great service. I am based in London UK btw

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Hello! I'm newbie here but here is my story about fake Xiaomi. I've ordered it in the beginning of January and received a week ago. I was afraid that there could be some crashes while it was delivering from China to Russia, so I filmed how I opened the box and got the phone from it. At first sight it was a real Xiaomi MI2. I ran preinstalled AnTuTu benchmark and all was perfect. But when i decided to install russian language I met with some big problems.
1) There's no Fastboot Mode in fake version (when phone is OFF press "Volume -" + "Power" and wait. In the real Xiaomi you must boot into Fastboot Mode, but in fake there's Factory Mode.
2) Recovery mode ("Volume +" + "Power" when phone is OFF) is unable install updates.
3) There's no possibly to login to Xiaomi cloud.
4) There's no possibly to login to Google services.

So I understood that it's fake :(

New Hi guys, with help from google, mtk droid and sp flash tool i build CWM recovery for MI2 fake , tested of my MI2 fake machine with MTK6577.
Thank you @oddi but how to use it? And what happened when you tested it on your fake phone? What you've got?

PS. I bought my phone at aliexpress. I think that much of 16GB phones are fake there.