Fastboot loop and Bootloader locked - Xiaomi 13 PRO

Hello, I had this problem solved.

I have a Xiaomi 13 (model number 2211133C) but this should be the same case for any recent Xiaomi phone.

I tried to flash Global stock ROM but accidentally left the "clean all and lock" option selected on MiFlash Tool, so after the flash, Android system would not load, phone was stuck in Recovery Mode and would only reboot to Recovery Mode again. So then I tried putting it in Fastboot mode and after that it was stuck in Fastboot mode, I could not go back to Recovery Mode again.

Leaving me with the same summary:
  • Phone state: FASTBOOT LOOP
  • Bootloader: LOCKED
  • USB Debugging: OFF
  • ADB recognizes device: NO
  • Fastboot recognizes device: YES
I looked into the EDL thing but it was just too complicated and it even became a little dark by trying to purchase tokens and stuff from weird websites.

So I found a person from India that would fix this remotely, I contacted him via Instagram and Whatsapp, he inmediately acknowledged my issue and charged me 30.00 USD. I was desperate so I trusted him, and it was a good decision, he turned out to be a very nice and helpful person, very skilled as well, with his own software. It took him 10 minutes to solve my issue remotely. And this is my way to thank him, by recommending him.

You can find him on Instagram or Youtube as rkd.devil

I hope you can all find a solution to your problems

I have a Xiaomi 13 (model number 2211133C) but this should be the same case for any recent Xiaomi phone.

I tried to flash Global stock ROM but accidentally left the "clean all and lock" option selected on MiFlash Tool, so after the flash, Android system would not load, phone was stuck in Recovery Mode and would only reboot to Recovery Mode again. So then I tried putting it in Fastboot mode and after that it was stuck in Fastboot mode, I could not go back to Recovery Mode again.

I looked into the EDL thing but it was just too complicated and it even became a little dark by trying to purchase tokens and stuff from weird websites.

So I found a person from India that would fix this remotely, I contacted him via Instagram and Whatsapp, he inmediately acknowledged my issue and charged me 30.00 USD. I was desperate so I trusted him, and it was a good decision, he turned out to be a very nice and helpful person, very skilled as well, with his own software. It took him 10 minutes to solve my issue remotely. And this is my way to thank him, by recommending him.

Brother do you remove the backglass for edl test point. To do this repair??

I have the same problem with Xiaomi 13 Ultra.
I got fastboot loop with locked bootloader, disabled usb debbiging and phone is not logged into xiaomi account...
To those who are in the same situation, I was also having same issues with my Xiaomi 13 (Bought in China, flash with Global ROM + Lock, end up in FastBoot Loop)....Have been searching for hours but to no avail. End up a friend of mine recommended to use older MiUnlock Tool (miflash_unlock-en-6.5.224.28), and logon with the Mi account that perform the flashes first time from CN ROM to Global ROM , and voila it works!

Save me few bucks from getting other "expert" to do it or go into EDL mode etc.

Reactions: Masbucho
To those who are in the same situation, I was also having same issues with my Xiaomi 13 (Bought in China, flash with Global ROM + Lock, end up in FastBoot Loop)....Have been searching for hours but to no avail. End up a friend of mine recommended to use older MiUnlock Tool (miflash_unlock-en-6.5.224.28), and logon with the Mi account that perform the flashes first time from CN ROM to Global ROM , and voila it works!

Save me few bucks from getting other "expert" to do it or go into EDL mode etc.
Hey, can we have link for this miflash

Hey, can we have link for this miflash
Hi @dimitrov , you can download from here: https://miuirom.org/updates/mi-flash-unlock
1708492610210.png

Reactions: Motox and Masbucho

what version of MiFlash Tool that you use? I was using the latest version like you I guess (Mi Unlock 7.6.727.43) it also no luck. So when I use the older version it just works! omg...just like magic!

what version of MiFlash Tool that you use? I was using the latest version like you I guess (Mi Unlock 7.6.727.43) it also no luck. So when I use the older version it just works! omg...just like magic!
I had same issue last time, but I use guy from Vietnam, his remotely fix the problem.. Now I able to use my nuwa again

S
hould I Buy Xiaomi 13 Pro 5G From Xiaomi UK or Ebay Seller In China?

The Ebay seller based in China has the 13 Pro for GBP62 cheaper and in the colour I want.

He has the Chinese ROM with English and Google play store and OTA updates and the Global ROM with English and Google play store but no OTA updates.He says OTA updates actually aren't necessary for this phone. I Googled what they are and it seems it's over the air updates.

I reckon updates must be important but how shall I update if not available OTA?

If I'll get notifications and just click some buttons then it'll be straight forward but if I need to do other complicated things often it might become a useless phone for me.

I've just stumbled on this site and found about issues with the ROM ie Chinese vs Global ROM.

I've stumbled on complaints about no OTA updates on the Global ROM. Chinese ROM full of Chinese apps/bloatware, can't use banking apps etc.

This is giving me concern.

I'm trying to decide between buying from Xiaomi UK or Ebay UK.

Xiaomi UK has no info about ROM.

What do you think please? Pay GBP62 more for a colour I'll just be ok with and hopefully it''ll update OTA and work with my banking apps?

Or Buy what I actually want cheaper and do a super easy ork around following a Youtube video for example?

S
hould I Buy Xiaomi 13 Pro 5G From Xiaomi UK or Ebay Seller In China?

The Ebay seller based in China has the 13 Pro for GBP62 cheaper and in the colour I want.

He has the Chinese ROM with English and Google play store and OTA updates and the Global ROM with English and Google play store but no OTA updates.He says OTA updates actually aren't necessary for this phone. I Googled what they are and it seems it's over the air updates.

I reckon updates must be important but how shall I update if not available OTA?

If I'll get notifications and just click some buttons then it'll be straight forward but if I need to do other complicated things often it might become a useless phone for me.

I've just stumbled on this site and found about issues with the ROM ie Chinese vs Global ROM.

I've stumbled on complaints about no OTA updates on the Global ROM. Chinese ROM full of Chinese apps/bloatware, can't use banking apps etc.

This is giving me concern.

I'm trying to decide between buying from Xiaomi UK or Ebay UK.

Xiaomi UK has no info about ROM.

What do you think please? Pay GBP62 more for a colour I'll just be ok with and hopefully it''ll update OTA and work with my banking apps?

Or Buy what I actually want cheaper and do a super easy ork around following a Youtube video for example?
@LadyM --> If I were you, I would buy from XiaoMi UK or NOT buying at all. My partner bought for me XM13 from China, it provides lots of hassle for me even though I am a tech person. I just find it troublesome. I know how to play around with ROM etc, but at the end, I just can't keep up with the updates etc (Update can be OTA or via Fashboot). At the moment I am on Global ROM but I can't use Gpay, etc. If I want to use Gpay, I need to use Xiaomi EU ROM but the Bootloader can't be locked. If you are concerns on security, maybe you will have a consideration over it. Otherwise, it should be fine, many experience users has been using Xiaomi EU ROM with contactless payment (Gpay), Android Auto Etc. Definitely the choice is yours. However, personally for me, I would want to use Global ROM with locked bootloader which in this case, you need to buy Xiaomi Device in your country (NOT buying from CHINA)...

Last edited:
Reactions: gogocar62
@LadyM --> If I were you, I would buy from XiaoMi UK or NOT buying at all. My partner bought for me XM13 from China, it provides lots of hassle for me even though I am a tech person. I just find it troublesome. I know how to play around with ROM etc, but at the end, I just can't keep up with the updates etc (Update can be OTA or via Fashboot). At the moment I am on Global ROM but I can't use Gpay, etc. If I want to use Gpay, I need to use Xiaomi EU ROM but the Bootloader can't be locked. If you are concerns on security, maybe you will have a consideration over it. Otherwise, it should be fine, many experience users has been using Xiaomi EU ROM with contactless payment (Gpay), Android Etc. Definitely the choice is yours. However, personally for me, I would want to use Global ROM with locked bootloader which in this case, you need to buy Xiaomi Device in your country (NOT buying from CHINA)...
I'm trying to understand the differences highlighted in your post. Are you saying the Global ROM doesn't allow Google Play but has everything else including OTA and call recording? I don't use OTA. I'm on the queue waiting to ask Xiaomi UK whether it comes with call recording and what ROM. Though I asked them earlier today but can't remember what they said as I actually contacted them for something else. They said it comes with MIUI 14 and no issues with update or bank apps but Harmonyos or something has resulted in issues for some. You think the UK site will supply ROM Global or another type?

Global ROM does not have automatic call recording feature. It uses the Google dialer, not the Xiaomi dialer.

Guys i solve my problem with my xiaomi 13 ulta, i tried all the options but anything was working, so i contacted a guy from india on telegram : https://t.me/UnbrickedMi and he solved my problem in about 40 minutes, i thought i would be cheaper but i pay 130 Euros for the service, the price deppends of the device and the ROM that you want to install but at the end im happy that my phone is back.

I'm trying to understand the differences highlighted in your post. Are you saying the Global ROM doesn't allow Google Play but has everything else including OTA and call recording? I don't use OTA. I'm on the queue waiting to ask Xiaomi UK whether it comes with call recording and what ROM. Though I asked them earlier today but can't remember what they said as I actually contacted them for something else. They said it comes with MIUI 14 and no issues with update or bank apps but Harmonyos or something has resulted in issues for some. You think the UK site will supply ROM Global or another type?
@LadyM --> Gpay = GooglePay. IF you use Xiaomi Device bought from CHINA and use Global ROM, your GooglePay won't work because you can't lock the bootloader. Generally, when Xiaomi is officially present in UK, then it will definitely using Global ROM. Not sure whether they will update to HyperOS yet for UK market. If it is using MIUI 14 and Global ROM of course no issue using Google Services (For Xiaomi device purchase thru Xiaomi Offical Store in your country). The only concern you have is when you buy your device from CHINA market and want to use Global ROM in it.

Guys i solve my problem with my xiaomi 13 ulta, i tried all the options but anything was working, so i contacted a guy from india on telegram : https://t.me/UnbrickedMi and he solved my problem in about 40 minutes, i thought i would be cheaper but i pay 130 Euros for the service, the price deppends of the device and the ROM that you want to install but at the end im happy that my phone is back.
Wow that's a hefty sum!