[Guide] mi note 10 lite Flashing Custom Rom and installing Magisk

There are different teams - which work for almost nothing.
No one is paid here directly.

Have you paid for the Xiaomi.eu ROm, or for a TWRP recovery?
I assume not, so, chill.
No one is obligated to provide you with either the ROM / recovery, neither the support.

Thus, you will have to be patient.
If you are not patient, just sell this phone and buy another one, like the Poco F2 (Pro), Redmi Note 9S, Mi 10 (Pro), or other your fell like you will have faster support.

Seat, enjoy you Mi Note 10 Lite (especially that battery life and that camera), and wait patiently.
Again, this is a Global only phone, thus, updates are going to be slow...

If you really want Xiaomi.eu ROM like I do, follow the procedure on the first page.

I don't really get why you are assuming that I'm impatient. I just asked a regular question. I don't care if the developers don't get paid for their work, they still do it regardless of no payment, so they just love what they are doing and do it as a hobby, right? I'm a Web Developer myself (as part time freelancer to pay for University) and if I'm doing a project, me and my teammates are setting deadlines for our milestones in these projects. So there is a possibility that the developer of the TWRP and the ROM announced such a deadline for the release of an official TWRP.

Again. I just asked if someone has information about the current status. No need to be cocky about it. Your comment doesn't help.

Hello everybody!
Unfortunately my cell phone has a softbrick and I don't know how to fix it.
Starting position (unlocked bootloader):
I was on 10.0.7 Xiaomi.eu ROM (worked very well) and installed LuckyPatcher. After patching a file in LuckyPatcher, a reboot came and it took a long time, after the reboot, both SIM cards no longer worked and no WLAN.

Then I installed the Xiaomi.eu ROM with TWRP again - same error, then the original FastbootROM - same error.
I entered + # 06 # in the phone app and lo and behold, the phone no longer has an IMEI.

I hope someone can help me.
I have a TWRP backup, I restored the EFS but nothing changed. HOW can I extract modemst1.bin and modemst2.bin from efs1.emmc.win and efs1.emmc.win.sha2?

Regards Mirakulixs

Last edited:
Hello everybody!
I was on 10.0.7 Xiaomi.eu ROM (worked very well) and installed LuckyPatcher. After patching a file in LuckyPatcher, a reboot came and it took a long time, after the reboot, both SIM cards no longer worked and no WLAN.

Then I installed the Xiaomi.eu ROM with TWRP again - same error, then the original FastbootROM - same error.
I entered + # 06 # in the phone app and lo and behold, the phone no longer has an IMEI.

I have a TWRP backup, I restored the EFS but nothing changed. HOW can I extract modemst1.bin and modemst2.bin from efs1.emmc.win and efs1.emmc.win.sha2?

Regards Mirakulixs

You will need to download the original rom recovery. Install normally using twrp with this original ROM NOT xiaomi.eu. In twrp, check all the options to delete and make a clean installation of this original rom. The twrp will be deleted and the device will be left at the factory.

You will need to download the original rom recovery. Install normally using twrp with this original ROM NOT xiaomi.eu. In twrp, check all the options to delete and make a clean installation of this original rom. The twrp will be deleted and the device will be left at the factory.
Hey Thanks
But it didnt works.......
in TWRP i flash an original ROM.zip from miui_TOCOGlobal_V11.0.5.0.QFNMIXM_ac39d93e25_10.0 and then it boot to Fastboot......

Hey Thanks
But it didnt works.......
in TWRP i flash an original ROM.zip from miui_TOCOGlobal_V11.0.5.0.QFNMIXM_ac39d93e25_10.0 and then it boot to Fastboot......

Very strange. When you have a twrp installed and a custom rom, if you install an original recovery rom, the twrp will be automatically deleted and the device will start up as if you had turned it on for the first time when you purchased it. It should be the factory default. I had a k20 pro and was using xiaomi.eu and had twrp installed, when I went to sell the device, I installed the ROM recovery and the twrp is gone and it was factory default.

Reactions: mirakulixs
Hello everybody!

Regards Mirakulixs

Did u flash the original Fastboot rom with miflash Tool? Are u sure u have a global device or maybe a Europe device with EEA rom?

Reactions: mirakulixs
Hey
The phone arrived with a global ROM.
I flashed a GlobalROM with MiFlash and nothing changed, also with an EU-Rom (both fastboot - clean all and lock).

What can i do with my TWRP Backup? if i want to restore it, error 255.
Regards

Hey
The phone arrived with a global ROM.
I flashed a GlobalROM with MiFlash and nothing changed, also with an EU-Rom (both fastboot - clean all and lock).

What can i do with my TWRP Backup? if i want to restore it, error 255.
Regards

Why clean all AND LOCK. I think ur bootloader now is locked again. U should never hook the option lock

I received my Mi note 10 lite today, with a global rom, I tried to unlock the phone. I followed the steps from the first post in this thread, I used Mi Unlock but it says I have to wait 168 hours...

Is there quicker way to unlock the phone or have I just wait 168 hours?

Last edited:
Another question: the touchscreen is not always feeling sensitiv. (Like my Mi Max 3, with big screen)

Is this caused by amoled screen or is there a screenprotector you can remove?

Reactions: m_a_omar
It is indeed sometimes, not al the time.

Maybe it will get better with the newer EU Roms in the future...

Another question: the touchscreen is not always feeling sensitiv. (Like my Mi Max 3, with big screen)

Is this caused by amoled screen or is there a screenprotector you can remove?
I think there is no screen protector.
And I have no issues with my screen sensitivity.

The thing is:
The screen curves on the edges.
This was done to reduce the feeling of its massive thickness in the middle.
Making the scree curve on the edges, gives the user the feeling the phone is less thick, while improving ergonomics.

The downside is the "ghost" touches.
Meaning, the touch screen registers a touch on the side, when you are only trying to grip your phone.
Making you intended touch in the middle of the screen considered a "non-priority" one.

There is an option to increase or decrease the rejection rate of those touches on the side of the phone.
Try the different settings and see what is the one that best fit your phone holding habits.

Cheers.

Reactions: dribibu
I don't really get why you are assuming that I'm impatient. I just asked a regular question. I don't care if the developers don't get paid for their work, they still do it regardless of no payment, so they just love what they are doing and do it as a hobby, right? I'm a Web Developer myself (as part time freelancer to pay for University) and if I'm doing a project, me and my teammates are setting deadlines for our milestones in these projects. So there is a possibility that the developer of the TWRP and the ROM announced such a deadline for the release of an official TWRP.

Again. I just asked if someone has information about the current status. No need to be cocky about it. Your comment doesn't help.
WOW!
That is great news you just gave me!
Thank you so much.

Can you make me a personal website for free, so I can promote myself?
I would greatly appreciate.
But do it quick, because I have to move on in life.

Rationale
a) You are a web developer, so you have the skills
b) You say you "don't care if the developers don't get paid for their work"
c) You will "still do it regardless of no payment", because you "just love what [you] are doing and do it as a hobby"
d) And you even set deadlines for your milestones.

There is a clear win-win scenario here for the both of us.
You get to do your hobby - despite not being paid.
I get my personal website - while I still get the option to be impatient and to nag you constantly to get the work done.

Nice!

I will be waiting a response from you.
All the best.

• Love
Reactions: Cosmo_Dookie
I think there is no screen protector.
And I have no issues with my screen sensitivity.

The thing is:
The screen curves on the edges.
This was done to reduce the feeling of its massive thickness in the middle.
Making the scree curve on the edges, gives the user the feeling the phone is less thick, while improving ergonomics.

The downside is the "ghost" touches.
Meaning, the touch screen registers a touch on the side, when you are only trying to grip your phone.
Making you intended touch in the middle of the screen considered a "non-priority" one.

There is an option to increase or decrease the rejection rate of those touches on the side of the phone.
Try the different settings and see what is the one that best fit your phone holding habits.

Cheers.
Ok didn't know that, thanks!

I will test it

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-07-27-10-05-11-437_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-07-27-10-05-11-437_com.android.settings.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 202
Anyone noticed screen turning on while in pocket?
(and doing weird stuff because of touch input registering through the thin layer of fabric)

edit:
I also noticed that the proximity sensor (is there a sensor btw or it just uses the camera) doesn't work if the phone is in horizontal position, why?

Last edited:
Anyone noticed screen turning on while in pocket?
(and doing weird stuff because of touch input registering through the thin layer of fabric)

edit:
I also noticed that the proximity sensor (is there a sensor btw or it just uses the camera) doesn't work if the phone is in horizontal position, why?
Yes, I noticed random touches registered while on my pocket.

Not, I did not notice the proximity is not working on horizontal position.
But I noticed the awful proximity sensor on phone calls - but the new v11.0.7 should have solved that.
I am still on v11.0.5, while I wait for a good TWARP so I do not lose all my things, and not to have to set up every application - again!

Yes, I noticed random touches registered while on my pocket.

Not, I did not notice the proximity is not working on horizontal position.
But I noticed the awful proximity sensor on phone calls - but the new v11.0.7 should have solved that.
I am still on v11.0.5, while I wait for a good TWARP so I do not lose all my things, and not to have to set up every application - again!
The latest twrp works fine, decrypts sd card properly, boots fine, I installed 11.0.7 and just updated to 11.0.8

calls seem to work fine I think, but the pocket glitch is annoying.
I don't want to turn off 'double tap to wake' option

Though I think I'm the one that caused it to unlock and go crazy
I used MacroDroid and TouchTask to skip the "Swipe to unlock" screen whenever the screen turns on.
I also use 'bluetooth unlock' to unlock my phone with my Amazfit watch...
I DID NOT however remembered to add a proximity condition to the macro.
That's why once my screen turns on in my pocket it also unlocks and goes crazy.

The latest twrp works fine, decrypts sd card properly, boots fine, I installed 11.0.7 and just updated to 11.0.8

calls seem to work fine I think, but the pocket glitch is annoying.
I don't want to turn off 'double tap to wake' option

Though I think I'm the one that caused it to unlock and go crazy
I used MacroDroid and TouchTask to skip the "Swipe to unlock" screen whenever the screen turns on.
I also use 'bluetooth unlock' to unlock my phone with my Amazfit watch...
I DID NOT however remembered to add a proximity condition to the macro.
That's why once my screen turns on in my pocket it also unlocks and goes crazy.
Are you referring to the Russian TWRP mentioned in this thread?
Or there is a more recent one?

Regarding your issue:
With both Double tap to wake, and Bluetooth unlock enabled, funny things will happen.
I know the proximity sensor is a must to avoid these types of issues.
But a balance between fast unlock and avoiding unintentional screen unlock is sometimes difficult to strike.

Are you referring to the Russian TWRP mentioned in this thread?
Or there is a more recent one?

Regarding your issue:
With both Double tap to wake, and Bluetooth unlock enabled, funny things will happen.
I know the proximity sensor is a must to avoid these types of issues.
But a balance between fast unlock and avoiding unintentional screen unlock is sometimes difficult to strike.
Yes the Russian one
works great
update away

Reactions: Hitardo
Flashing xiaomi.eu.zip rom And installing Magisk On mi note 10 lite

Follow These methods (100% worked)

1. Boot to fastboot mode (power +vol down)
2. Extract ADB.rar to Drive C (Put the recovery and vbmeta files in ADB Folder) vbmeta link Below
3. Connect Phone To PC with USB Cable
4. from Start run CMD and type cd:\adb (pres enter) And type the following Commands :

fastboot devices
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash recovery Twrp-3.4.2B_toco_by.alex.msk1407.img (you can rename it to twrp.img) -LINK BELOW (Many Thanks To Alex msk)
fastboot reboot recovery

5. in twrp: wipe-> format data -> Type yes and tap enter (blue key)
6. Copy xiaomi.eu rom and magisk.zip to phone
8. in twrp: install rom and magisk.zip
9. in twrp: Boot to recovery (the phone is restarting to twrp again)
10. in twrp: reboot system
12. Enjoy

ADB Link :
https://mega.nz/file/x8whTZSa#UP7Uvn...BHIDUa1lMnQXNI

TWRP Link :

https://mega.nz/file/0lAywALA#hx6U3_xgW3fpndSR0OWsRBxEncQ9CGQb2ezMOAldTRQ

vbmeta Link:
https://mega.nz/file/t4QmXACT#hqN6TNDt2mlAPrQUnClGtmaCvWJR3eO3TRAa8I4JhGk

Magisk Link :
https://mega.nz/file/Y4BEBILD#kre2gRvSJgwJRto1Yg-o7gblTRXAftUGxJSoKNowWkI

But I have to unlock the bootloader to install MIUI 12. With this procedure ??