[GUIDE][venus|star|mars] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI11 / Pro / Ultra

+1
yes, safetynet passes, everything ok

(no magisk installed)

Enviado desde mi M2011K2G mediante Tapatalk
7d9bfa8bb857267c0f95de1a7d7f3674.jpg

Last edited:
Here we go again. I had 12.5 stable EU and with it I had everything I need: a decent battery, flawless touches and with magisk and props tweak I had totally passed safetynet and working Google pay and emoney app. What I didn't have and found no way to fix are banking apps. I read somewhere and I believe that it is viable theory, namely that those apps don't really care about Google's safetynet but prey for any trace of any rooted app and belonging files. If they find anything they simply block credentials.

What Rom, please complete 12.5.1.0 RKBCNXM or 12.5.2.0 RKBCNXM.??? What you mean with magisk and prop tweak ????

Thank`s for your answer!!

I could not hide root with anything or any method that my SkyQ app couldn't detect. But now as all my banking apps / Gpay work and it passes safety net test, there is no need for me to root anymore. I'm using weekly EU branch, always on latest and seeing no issues.

I'm on EU Rom 12.2 (stable) and running into a strange thing.

When driving with Android Auto, only Google Maps gets GPS-data. Other navigation apps don't get GPS. Leaving the pointer 'standing still' on the screen.

Once i started Android Auto after a full restart of the phone, and started a different navi-app. It worked! Untill i switched back to Google Maps, and after that the other apps got no gps-data.

Anyone else has this problem too?

1618214945942.png

I met this issue when updating rom on my Mi 11, from 12.5.1 stable to 12.5.2 stable. Pls help, tks.

What Rom, please complete 12.5.1.0 RKBCNXM or 12.5.2.0 RKBCNXM.??? What you mean with magisk and prop tweak ????

Thank`s for your answer!!

Both 12.5.1.0 RKBCNXM and 12.5.2.0 RKBCNXM are beta stable. And Xiaomi didn't bother to register with Google beta stable (some reports show that this is not the case with 12.5.3 beta stable which is yet to come to MI 11). Hence either 12.5.1.0 RKBCNXM or 12.5.2.0 RKBCNXM don't pass safetynet test, don't support Google Pay and Google play shows device as unregistered.

Therefore, in order to have Google Pay, Widevine or any other app which demands Google certification you must magisk root the device. Since we don't have TWRP for MI 11 yet, you have to install Magisk 22.1 apk, on computer extract whatever system you want to implement (12.5.1.0 RKBCNXM or 12.5.2.0 RKBCNXM stable beta), copy boot.img from extracted rom to the phone and patch it with Magisk.

Launch the Magisk Manager app on the device.
Tap on the Install button situated next to Magisk, choose Select and Patch a file.
Browse to the extracted boot.img file and select it, then tap on the Let’s Go option.
Magisk will now load the boot.img file and will patch it accordingly.
Once that is done, you would get the Download Complete message.
The name of the patched file will be magisk_patched.img.
Copy it to the computer on which you have installed Platform Tools.
On the phone activate USB Debugging (under Developer Options.

On the computer open Terminal and execute:

adb devices
(you'll get request to enable computer which you shall grant and then you must see the phone code)
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot devices
(you must see the same code as before)
fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched.img
fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched.img
fastboot reboot

And you're done flashing. You have now rooted phone.

But Safetynet still doesn't pass. That's because Xiaomi didn't certify it as I said before. Hence you must do the final step in order to gain privilege to use certified apps. You'll achieve it with the following procedure:

In Magisk manager enable magiskhide
Hide all secure apps
in Magisk Modules download Busybox for Android NDK and then download Magiskhide Props Config
Reboot
From Fdroid download and install Termux (and hide it in Magisk manager)
In Termux execute:
su
props
1 (edit device fingerprint)
f (pick a certified fingerprint)
(select your phone)
( accept and reboot).

After rebooting clean the cache of Google Framework Services, Google Play Services and Google Play.

In Magisk manager hide all installed secure apps.

Now Safetynet passes and all secure apps dependent on Safetynet work.

You'll enjoy all benefits of stable (beta): a decent battery, no fingerprint lags and no false touches.

But unfortunately more sophisticated (EU) bank and government secure apps which use their own method to check rooted phone still fail.

Just flashed new CN ROM MIUI 12.5 stable on my Mi 11. Feels likes using EU ROM, I'll will be using CN ROM until TWRP are released for Mi 11 for me to use EU ROM again. Thank you so much dev for the hard work!

Attachments

• 170209749_3830333957002392_633069891155323884_n.jpg
    170209749_3830333957002392_633069891155323884_n.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 198
Both 12.5.1.0 RKBCNXM and 12.5.2.0 RKBCNXM are beta stable. And Xiaomi didn't bother to register with Google beta stable (some reports show that this is not the case with 12.5.3 beta stable which is yet to come to MI 11). Hence either 12.5.1.0 RKBCNXM or 12.5.2.0 RKBCNXM don't pass safetynet test, don't support Google Pay and Google play shows device as unregistered.

Therefore, in order to have Google Pay, Widevine or any other app which demands Google certification you must magisk root the device. Since we don't have TWRP for MI 11 yet, you have to install Magisk 22.1 apk, on computer extract whatever system you want to implement (12.5.1.0 RKBCNXM or 12.5.2.0 RKBCNXM stable beta), copy boot.img from extracted rom to the phone and patch it with Magisk.

Launch the Magisk Manager app on the device.
Tap on the Install button situated next to Magisk, choose Select and Patch a file.
Browse to the extracted boot.img file and select it, then tap on the Let’s Go option.
Magisk will now load the boot.img file and will patch it accordingly.
Once that is done, you would get the Download Complete message.
The name of the patched file will be magisk_patched.img.
Copy it to the computer on which you have installed Platform Tools.
On the phone activate USB Debugging (under Developer Options.

On the computer open Terminal and execute:

adb devices
(you'll get request to enable computer which you shall grant and then you must see the phone code)
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot devices
(you must see the same code as before)
fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched.img
fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched.img
fastboot reboot

And you're done flashing. You have now rooted phone.

But Safetynet still doesn't pass. That's because Xiaomi didn't certify it as I said before. Hence you must do the final step in order to gain privilege to use certified apps. You'll achieve it with the following procedure:

In Magisk manager enable magiskhide
Hide all secure apps
in Magisk Modules download Busybox for Android NDK and then download Magiskhide Props Config
Reboot
From Fdroid download and install Termux (and hide it in Magisk manager)
In Termux execute:
su
props
1 (edit device fingerprint)
f (pick a certified fingerprint)
(select your phone)
( accept and reboot).

After rebooting clean the cache of Google Framework Services, Google Play Services and Google Play.

In Magisk manager hide all installed secure apps.

Now Safetynet passes and all secure apps dependent on Safetynet work.

You'll enjoy all benefits of stable (beta): a decent battery, no fingerprint lags and no false touches.

But unfortunately more sophisticated (EU) bank and government secure apps which use their own method to check rooted phone still fail.

Mercy, all work fine.

Here we go again. I had 12.5 stable EU and with it I had everything I need: a decent battery, flawless touches and with magisk and props tweak I had totally passed safetynet and working Google pay and emoney app. What I didn't have and found no way to fix are banking apps. I read somewhere and I believe that it is viable theory, namely that those apps don't really care about Google's safetynet but prey for any trace of any rooted app and belonging files. If they find anything they simply block credentials.
im unsure about your luck, but there is a download on XDA that fixed my banking app issues. then again chime might not care, but my wifes actual bank app worked as well. flashing my mi 11 now with 5.1, unsure about rooting as i cant find a recovery to do so with....and prefer not trusting amd usb as they have major issues with usb dropout even tho i dont have the issue im afraid something would happen...

you can try this although im sure you have,
3. Install busybox and magisk hide prop config, reboot.

4. Open terminal, type :
- su
- props
- f
- and choose fp model what you want (use android 10 model for 10 and sunfish 11 preferably for 11), reboot.

5. Check, cts should be true.

6. Clear data for playstore.

7. Check playstore several times, and you will see your device should be certified.

atm i cant find the download i used to force google to think the device was a random "basic" device that passed all for me...on my poco f2 pro.

Don't know if it's right thread, but I'll ask here.
How to switch back to stable CN MIUI ROM 12.5. Using Mi Flash Tool? Which CN ROM is for fastboot?

after flashing version 12.5.1 to my mi 11 china based device, neither of my sim cards have picked up 5g bands.
i have selected 5g inside preferred network, selected proper network for tmobile and att inside a hidden setting *#*#4636#*#*
but no dice....anyone know the code to get into band settings? i found it a few times on my poco f2 pro.

sadly the code is not the same on the mi 11 or i just cant remember the code.

after flashing version 12.5.1 to my mi 11 china based device, neither of my sim cards have picked up 5g bands.
i have selected 5g inside preferred network, selected proper network for tmobile and att inside a hidden setting *#*#4636#*#*
but no dice....anyone know the code to get into band settings? i found it a few times on my poco f2 pro.

sadly the code is not the same on the mi 11 or i just cant remember the code.

After doing some digging of china rom vs xiaomi eu rom, the china rom shows 5g but its actually connected to band LTE 4. So the Xiaomi EU Rom shows it properly as LTE and not 5g which is really LTE, This is also on T mobile, its possible in the stable 12.5.1 they fixed the showing 5g bug.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-12-17-46-05-807_com.wilysis.cellinfolite.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-12-17-46-05-807_com.wilysis.cellinfolite.jpg
    502.3 KB · Views: 178
Reactions: hjirik
im unsure about your luck, but there is a download on XDA that fixed my banking app issues. then again chime might not care, but my wifes actual bank app worked as well. flashing my mi 11 now with 5.1, unsure about rooting as i cant find a recovery to do so with....and prefer not trusting amd usb as they have major issues with usb dropout even tho i dont have the issue im afraid something would happen...

you can try this although im sure you have,
3. Install busybox and magisk hide prop config, reboot.

4. Open terminal, type :
- su
- props
- f
- and choose fp model what you want (use android 10 model for 10 and sunfish 11 preferably for 11), reboot.

5. Check, cts should be true.

6. Clear data for playstore.

7. Check playstore several times, and you will see your device should be certified.

atm i cant find the download i used to force google to think the device was a random "basic" device that passed all for me...on my poco f2 pro.
Thank you, I know this method for props adjustment and I used it many times. This is not my problem, I can get safetynet passes and Gpay works. There are more sophisticated EU bank apps which don't lean on GPS and safetynet but rather have their own method to check the integrity. Probably they prey on any trace of root (files, settings) beyond the system altering and block use.

Hi, just update to 12.5.3 from 12.5.1. I wonder what's new on this rom. Since we do manual update, I don't know where to find the changelog. Tks.

Hi, just update to 12.5.3 from 12.5.1. I wonder what's new on this rom. Since we do manual update, I don't know where to find the changelog. Tks.

Changelog from CN ROM 12.5.3 Stable.
  • Highlights
    • MIUI 12.5. Yours alone.
  • System
    • New: Response to gestures is now instant.
    • New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
    • New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
    • Updated Android Security Patch to March 2021. Increased system security.
    • MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
  • System animations
    • New: A new animation framework renders movement more realistically.
    • New: New UI design is focused on visualization and making your interaction with the device more lifelike.
  • Haptic feedback
    • New: Haptic feedback brings a new dimension to familiar actions.
    • New: All accessibility features become more informative and intuitive with haptic feedback.
  • System sounds
    • New: Nature mix is a new exciting way of creating your own notification sound system.
    • New: Hundreds of system sounds that represent animals from all around the world.
    • New: Stereo system sounds.
  • Super wallpapers
    • New: Mount Siguniang super wallpaper.
  • Privacy protection
    • New: Now you can see what apps access your clipboard and control access.
    • New: Using approximate location adds up points to privacy protection.
    • New: You can now manage sensitive permissions and related app behavior independently.
    • New: The behavior of web pages is also tracked now, which helps you to block unwanted and malicious actions.
    • New: Now it's up to you who and when can track your online behavior.
    • New: All apps now come with a security statement from GetApps.
    • New: Privacy risk scanner.
    • New: Control which apps access and delete items from your Gallery.
    • New: A comprehensive overview of all sensitive permissions.
    • New: You'll be notified whenever high-risk permissions are used and will be able to block the corresponding actions.
    • Optimization: An all-new privacy protection page.
  • Notes
    • New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
    • New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
    • New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
    • New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
    • New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
    • New: Dynamic layouts make bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
    • All-new Notes.
  • MIUI+
    • You can combine your phone and computer into a single working station.
    • You can view MIUI notifications and open phone apps on your computer.
    • Apps from your phone can be handed off to your computer.
    • The items copied on a phone can now be pasted on the computer and vice versa.
    • Photos and screenshots from a mobile device can be instantly used on a computer.
    • Web pages can be seamlessly handed over from one device to another.
    • You can transfer files to your mobile device using the "MIUI+" panel on your computer.
    • New "File Manager" and "Notes" for computers.
  • Floating windows
    • New: Instant messengers now support floating windows.
    • New: Floating windows can be quickly replaced with fullscreen versions of the apps.
    • New: App flashcards Show key info when apps are displayed as floating windows.
    • *Learn more about new features in "Special features".
  • Home screen
    • New: "Ripples" animation for downloading apps.
    • New: "Burst" animation for uninstalling apps.
    • New: New design for app folders.
    • New: A vertical layout for Recents.
  • Xiaomi Cloud
    • New: Convert images to PDF.
    • New: Password manager allows you to store passwords in the cloud.
    • New: You can share device location with other people in your family sharing group.
    • New: Location information can be recorded automatically before the device powers off.
  • Mi Carrier Services
    • New: You can manage multiple SIM cards now.
  • IME
    • New: A more convenient way to move a cursor using the scrollbar.
    • New: Function buttons support switching between languages and keyboards.
    • New: You can press and hold the function buttons to access more features.
    • New: Custom themes for keyboards.
  • Themes
    • New: Font weight adjustment options for third party fonts.
    • Optimization: Personalization features for system wallpapers, animations, and sounds.
  • Browser
    • New: Wallpaper customization in the lite mode.
    • Optimization: Redesigned Incognito mode.
    • Optimization: Pages load much faster now.

Update notes are here ( screenshot below too). Mine is current EU weekly but it is in the same place on yours.
Settings, my device, 12 or miui box top left, 3 dots in the top right corner, select what's new.

Attachments

• IMG_20210413_121102.jpg
    IMG_20210413_121102.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_20210413_121116.jpg
    IMG_20210413_121116.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_20210413_121133.jpg
    IMG_20210413_121133.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_20210413_121145.jpg
    IMG_20210413_121145.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 159
  • Screenshot_2021-04-13-12-11-54-165_com.android.updater.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-13-12-11-54-165_com.android.updater.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 155
Update notes are here ( screenshot below too). Mine is current EU weekly but it is in the same place on yours.
Settings, my device, 12 or miui box top left, 3 dots in the top right corner, select what's new.
Mi 11 already on 12.6 with xiaomi.eu ROM? That is awesome.

After doing some digging of china rom vs xiaomi eu rom, the china rom shows 5g but its actually connected to band LTE 4. So the Xiaomi EU Rom shows it properly as LTE and not 5g which is really LTE, This is also on T mobile, its possible in the stable 12.5.1 they fixed the showing 5g bug.
I recently moved around my city to find better T-Mobile signal and got connected to 5G on latest weekly. But when I checked it with the same app it also showed LTE. So there's 2 options: Xiaomi broke 5g or T-Mobile sells LTE as 5g.

Mi 11 shows nothing there. I think the reason is we still update manually by fastboot, not by TWRP.

Sent from my Mi 11 using Tapatalk

im unsure this is the case, as i was for sure connected to 5g towers and could switch between the two. although 5g was very low in signal but was connected to 5G band NL. which showed inside settings, and T-Mobile confirmed i was connected to 5g. as i had to call about swapping this sim from my last phone to this one.

i used shortcut maker and found the bands for the phone. but no change yet. there isnt any option inside network settings for 5g switching other than network switching which was there prior to changing roms. however there is the smart switch 5g option thats missing, and one other for 5g as well. idk, i do know i was connecting to 5G before on att and tmobile.