[GUIDE][venus|star|mars] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI11 / Pro / Ultra

Hey thanks for sharing! How u disabled carrier check !?! I never heard of it ???

thank you

Type the following code in your dialer: *#*#86583#*#* (*#*#VOLTE#*#*) and you will get a toast message telling you that "VoLTE carrier check was enabled" or "disabled".

If it is disabled, you will see a toggle switch under Settings - sim card and mobile networks - Your SIM

Type the following code in your dialer: *#*#86583#*#* (*#*#VOLTE#*#*) and you will get a toast message telling you that "VoLTE carrier check was enabled" or "disabled".

If it is disabled, you will see a toggle switch under Settings - sim card and mobile networks - Your SIM
Thank you !!!

What do you mean by

3. Unlocked phone and reboot
4. Quick setting and makesure can login to phone

There is no option to unlock phone in miflashtool??

Did you mean the unlock tool?

Could you tell me excactly which ROM did you use for Flashing??

The link for 12.5.2.0 from the first Post of this Thread, because there is also appearing a 12.5.3 version at this time.

3. Unlocked phone and reboot > Use miflash tool to unlock phone
4. Quick setting and makesure can login to phone > The phone will restore and reboot after unlock and I just check the phone is functional

My phone updated to 12.5.2 CN before unlock, after unlocked phone I use xiaomi.eu_multi_mi11pro_mi11ultra_v12.5.2.0.rkacnxm_v12-11-fastboot.zip to flash my phone.

You can set Google feed in MIUI launcher as well..
And yes, FSG are included in MIUI launcher so that's why it is mandatory to be set as default launcher..
How can I set up the Google feed in the miui launcher? I went to the settings but I didn't see any options like that. I would gladly use the miui launcher if I could figure that out.
Also, I didn't know that the FGS required the launcher. I've been using a mi 8 pro on global Rom for years now and the FGS worked regardless of launcher. Figured it was the same way with this.

How can I set up the Google feed in the miui launcher? I went to the settings but I didn't see any options like that. I would gladly use the miui launcher if I could figure that out.
Also, I didn't know that the FGS required the launcher. I've been using a mi 8 pro on global Rom for years now and the FGS worked regardless of launcher. Figured it was the same way with this.
Minus one screen...
eadcbef91744819be729cd4fae6372b4.jpg

After using 12.5.3 for a while,
The big bugs that stood out to me appear to be that the full screen gestures do not work. I activated them at initial start up and they were on, but then randomly the bottom buttons appeared and the gestures stopped working. I turned them back on, but they do not seem to work and on reboot, they turn back off again. I tried changing the accidental touch boundary and a few other things, but nothing seems to work. The tutorial for the gestures works fine however?
Also, when trying to go to the app info via the recent apps screen, it just goes back to the last screen, but if you go to the recents again, a new window is there for the app info which can be clicked to go to it. Also the system dark mode causes a mess with a lot of apps as they don't get dark backgrounds but do have white text so it is unreadable, ie snapchat. Also the slider dot in most video playbacks apps disappears as well, but that isn't a problem as dark mode can be excluded for specific apps.
Google pay, safetynet, widevine, and everything else works fine. VoLTE and VoWLAN works after I disabled the carrier checks.
Hopefully they'll get it sorted out in the next stable, but honestly not too big of a deal for any of them. Definitely a fine stable as a daily driver
cheers

I had this bug as well. You must have another launcher installed even if not default. Uninstall the other launcher and leave only stock launcher for gestures.

So should one follow the original post guide on point one for the Ultra before unlock?
I.e, update to the latest CN rom via app updater?
Atm I'm on 12.0.9 CN

Skickat från min SM-N975F via Tapatalk

So should one follow the original post guide on point one for the Ultra before unlock?
I.e, update to the latest CN rom via app updater?
Atm I'm on 12.0.9 CN

Skickat från min SM-N975F via Tapatalk

It seems like the best thing to do is avoid 12.5.2 China and Flash from 12.0.13 China.

Minus one screen...
eadcbef91744819be729cd4fae6372b4.jpg
Okay. I tried that on initial set up but it didn't do anything and still brought up the app vault. Tried it again and it didn't change to the feed. Changing it to nothing got rid of it, but for some reason it wouldn't show a Google feed. But I gave it a reboot and it started working. Must have just needed the service to be restarted or something after changing it from app vault to Google discover. Thanks for the help and the rom!

Hi.
I got my MI 11 (8/256G CN Version) yesterday and it came with CN MIUI - 12.5 21.3.3 Beta ROM. Is it safe to flash latest EU Stable, after Unlocking Bootloader? I'm sorry for this question (probably repetitive) but most threads expecifically mentiot MI11 Pro or Ultra, which use diferent roms.
Thanks.

Hi, for Information
i flashed my Mi11 Ultra China Version 12.5.2 direct to latest EU 21.4.21 weekly as well with this instruction below and it worked:

after bootloader unlock i did initial setup and factory reset.

C:\tmp\Xiaomi\xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_21.4.21_v12-11-fastboot\platform-tools-windows>fastboot getvar current-slot
current-slot: b
Finished. Total time: 0.002s

C:\tmp\Xiaomi\xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_21.4.21_v12-11-fastboot\platform-tools-windows>fastboot set_active a
Setting current slot to 'a' OKAY [ 0.034s]
Finished. Total time: 0.036s

D88411101 said:
Successed to flash 11U from 12.5.2CN to 12.5.2 EU and my step as below...
1. Login Miflash tool
2. Setting phone to Fastboot mode
5. Setting phone to Fastboot moda again
6. Open CMD as administrator
7. Go to folder platform-tools-windows as keying command
fastboot devices > check phone already link with PC
fastboot getvar current-slot > check slot is a or b, and my device show the slot on b
fastboot set_active a > change the slot from b to a
8. Back to extract file folder and keying command
windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
9. Auto reboot phone when finished and successed.

My phone was on slot b as well and i changed the slot to a. everythint went fine! Thank you!!

Hi, for Information
i flashed my Mi11 Ultra China Version 12.5.2 direct to latest EU 21.4.21 weekly as well with this instruction below and it worked:

C:\tmp\Xiaomi\xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_21.4.21_v12-11-fastboot\platform-tools-windows>fastboot getvar current-slot

C:\tmp\Xiaomi\xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_21.4.21_v12-11-fastboot\platform-tools-windows>fastboot set_active a

D88411101 said:
1. Login Miflash tool
fastboot getvar current-slot > check slot is a or b, and my device show the slot on b

My phone was on slot b as well and i changed the slot to a. everythint went fine! Thank you!!

Thats great news, will be able to unlock my Mi 11 Pro today.

After you unlocked the bootloader, you went through initial setup & factory reset it in the settings?

Hello, installing then booting this ROM (Xiaomi.eu) will encrypt the content of the /data partition like Official MIUI ROMs. ;)
Perfect but why it's always being said that Unlocking Bootloader decreases the security of device? is that just in case we root?
I myself have EU rom installed on my Mi 8 Pro but i cannot get it to encrypt /data partition

SUCCESS!
Device: Mi 11 Pro
Steps on Windows 10 PC:
1. After receiving the device I applied for unlock and the 7 days timer started
2. The device was running 12.0 CN rom and I updated it via OTA update to 12.5.2 CN
3. When the timer ran out I unlocked and went on to setup the device and did a factory reset
4. After that I went to fastboot mode and ran the command "fastboot getvar current-slot", the value was "current-slot: a" so I didn't had to run "fastboot set_active a"
5. Downloaded xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_V12.5.3.0.RKACNXM_v12-11-fastboot.zip ROM
6. Right click on downloaded ZIP file and then to Properties and check the "Unblock" mark
7. Unpacked the file
8. Ran the CMD as Administrator and navigated to the unpacked folder in CMD and typed "windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat"

Everything went smoothly!

Big thanks to this community and to the developers doing this for free!

Hi, for Information

D88411101 said:
1. Login Miflash tool

Followed these instructions and successfully flashed from 12.5.2 (CN) to 12.5.3 (.EU).

Thanks very much for sharing (and thanks very much to Dev team - ROM is great!)

For me installation of xiaomi.eu ROM on Chines version Mi11 Ultra was very easy.

- unlock bootloader in MiUnlock
- let the phone reboot.
- unpack xiaomi firmware file "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_V12.5.3.0.RKACNXM_v12-11-fastboot.zip"
- reboot and connect phone in fastboot mode
- run script inside unpacked ROM folder "windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat" as administrator
- wait till ROM will be flashed, that's it :)

Perfect but why it's always being said that Unlocking Bootloader decreases the security of device? is that just in case we root?
I myself have EU rom installed on my Mi 8 Pro but i cannot get it to encrypt /data partition
Probably because you can technically install a ****** ROM that has bad security or someone could make a ROM with malicious software or something on it on purpose and you could install it. Also, if someone physically has your phone they can then mess with the bootloader and thus anything on the phone. But when it comes down to it, how much risk are you at of that? If you are switching to an official global, chinese or EU ROM then it's clean and safe as can be and the android security patches are done regularly. I also don't really think I'm at danger of someone stealing my phone, installing malicious software at a sys level or anything. It's all risk vs reward.
I wouldn't go around installing random ROMs from people I've never heard of off xda like in the early days of android anymore, but if you stick to official ROMs or EU and you don't think you are going to be the target of an in person professional hack, you should be fine. If it passes safetynet and widevine, then it can't be that insecure.

Reactions: viper8844
Not sure if I have a hardware issue or a bug with 12.5.3.

In indoor lighting the viewfinder on my camera flickers like crazy. I've toggled every option of HDR from on auto off. Rebooted. You name it. It almost seems like the camera is rapidly changing color profiles or something odd.

I'll probably factory reset or something. Just hope it's not hardware this early.

Edit : Issue resolved disregard. Enhanced motion tracking setting was the issue.

Last edited:
I'm curious, do I still need to change the "fastboot getvar current-slot" to slot a. In order to sucessfully flash EU ROM on Mi 11 Pro/Ultra?