VeryGooDiS

Members
Nov 21, 2021
Good day community. Sorry if my text contains errors due to the automatic translator.

I bought a phone Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra (12/256) with your MIUI "MIUI 12.6 by xiaomi.eu 21.9.1 Beta" (initially there was a Chinese version as far as I understand), Android 11. Code name "Star". And I faced the fact that I can not update my phone through the system (MIUI 12.6 21.11.17). Gives a message that "all mirrors are currently disabled". As far as I figured out (here I may be wrong) this is due to the fact that in this beta it is no longer 11 Android, but 12. And it is put through FastBoot.

This is my first Xiaomi device on this I appeal to you with questions and help to figure it out:

1) If I want to update my phone is it done only manually through your website? Or it is possible to automatically update if it is not required FastBoot?
2) If it says what you need "FastBoot" to update - What actions do I need to do and do I need to somehow "unlock" it, or since your version is already here, is it already "unlocked" for Fastboot installation of updates?
3) If I want to change my beta version to stable - is it possible? What actions need to be taken?
4) If I will open ROOT - What are the disadvantages of this? Will something stop working? Better not to do?

Sorry if I'm asking obvious questions for you. I'm just really afraid to make my new phone bad or make mistakes. I ask you, if you answer, do it with maximum information content and with every step so that I do not make mistakes. I sincerely thank everyone who will help me figure out this situation with the phone and its updates, Androids, FastBoots, and so on. Thanks again to everyone who will take their time on me.

P.S. I really hope that I have not violated any forum rules. If I did - I sincerely apologize, I didn’t want to do this, but I’m just trying to find help and understand the phone and its updates. I liked it here, although I'm a beginner here.

Good day community. Sorry if my text contains errors due to the automatic translator.

I bought a phone Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra (12/256) with your MIUI "MIUI 12.6 by xiaomi.eu 21.9.1 Beta" (initially there was a Chinese version as far as I understand), Android 11. Code name "Star". And I faced the fact that I can not update my phone through the system (MIUI 12.6 21.11.17). Gives a message that "all mirrors are currently disabled". As far as I figured out (here I may be wrong) this is due to the fact that in this beta it is no longer 11 Android, but 12. And it is put through FastBoot.
Hello VeryGooDiS,

1) If I want to update my phone is it done only manually through your website? Or it is possible to automatically update if it is not required FastBoot?

The actual weekly version (stable is at this moment not available) is android 12 for your phone. Normaly you can update it with OTA (over the air update) but for that you need a tool named TWRP. For android 12 there is at the moment no 100% working TWRP for any phone only for Android 11.

So we have to update with a tool named fastboot (Android 12). That means, download the rom to your PC, install ADB & Fastboot Tools and drivers for your phone, enter fastboot mode on phone and you can update it (reboot -> hold " Volume down " + " Power " buttons simultaneously until you see "FASTBOOT" screen)

The android 12 version is very new and perhaps there are some bugs so I suggest not to update at the moment but it is up to you.

2) If it says what you need "FastBoot" to update - What actions do I need to do and do I need to somehow "unlock" it, or since your version is already here, is it already "unlocked" for Fastboot installation of updates?

You need ADB&FastbootTools and you need drivers to connect your phone to PC. The phone should be unlocked if you have xiaomi.eu rom version installed.

You can check it with this fastboot command:
# fastboot oem device-info
There is a line "Device unlocked = true or false"

If you want to install the newest weekly Android 12 version for you phone:

A description how to install it you can find here. Scroll down to section "OLD FASTBOOT GUIDE"
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...iaomi-eu-rom-for-xiaomi-mi11-pro-ultra.59486/
Then it depends if you install the xiaomi.eu rom for the first time or as an update

# For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
# For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat

3) If I want to change my beta version to stable - is it possible? What actions need to be taken?
Of course you can change from weekly to stable and vice versa, but you have to format data. In Android 11 you can use TWRP for this (not wipe, use format) and at the moment for Android 12 you have to use "windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat".

4) If I will open ROOT - What are the disadvantages of this? Will something stop working? Better not to do?
You can root your phone with magisk if you want, perhaps some apps will give you an info that the phone is rooted or unlocked, but there are a lot of workarounds.

Recommendations:

Read the threads in this topic

Use the search function for Magisk, fastboot and so on
In the right upper corner in this forum

The ultimate Guide :)

Good luck and kind regards Kater

PS: The Links to the tools are only examples, feel free to search by yourself and if you have questions, please write in detail what you did before the issue occurs :)

Last edited:
Thanks for all Kater. I saw that you said that it is better not to update yet and do nothing. I will not do anything (I will not update as you said). I just want in the future to update my phone to the most stable version (even i have beta right now. I have 0 problems with my phone now) even if it is will be "beta" version. Yes, I know that now there is no "good" option with Android 12, and until it is stable, I will not strive. Heard not very flattering reviews, in principle, to 12 Android for now.

I will only install versions from this site, since I realized that they are very good, high-quality and people are really trying to do well for users, and I always appreciate it very much.

Please, can you explain more about the updates through TWRP (Well within the framework of Android 11. For example, from this beta version that I have on a slightly higher beta version. And in what cases files on the phone will or will not be deleted (I know that some updates require a complete cleaning, and some just like a patch).

Please, can you explain more about the updates through TWRP (Well within the framework of Android 11. For example, from this beta version that I have on a slightly higher beta version. And in what cases files on the phone will or will not be deleted (I know that some updates require a complete cleaning, and some just like a patch).
Hi you can find all xiaomi.eu releases here
https://xiaomi.eu/community/ -> MIUI ROM Releases

The actual MIUI version (not Android version) is 12
MIUI ROM Releases -> MIUI 12 -> then you can choose between stable or weekly
The weekly version may have some new features and perhaps some bugs

Your rom version is xiaomi.eu 21.9.1 Beta
You can check if you have stable or weekly (Settings - My device - click on MIUI version - "Currently installed = Version + stable or weekly")

Weekly ROM version (number) = China Beta ROM version (number) = Release date info
21 = Year / 9 = month / 1 = day

The last Android weekly for the Mi 11 Ultra Android 11 you can find here

That means the last Android 11 version for your phone is only a little bit newer than your version

If you change from stable to weekly or vice versa or if you install xiaomi.eu for the first time you have to format your data partition
That means you have to start TWRP (Android 11 at the moment) and format not wipe the data
Or if you want to install Android 12 you have to choose "windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat"
You will loose all your data, make a backup before

If you update your stable or weekly version you dont have to format anything

In your case, you can download the last Android 11 weekly version for your phone, copy it to your phone
Then start TWRP ( (reboot -> hold " Volume up" + " Power " buttons simultaneously)
Wait for starting TWRP insert PIN/Pattern/Password and choose install

Here is a guide how to update your phone with TWRP and explaining a lot of things as example.
It looks complicated, but its good to understand the process and if you did it once, it is easy :)

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help. Since I already have MIUI Xiaomi Eu, it means when using the method TWRP i need start from "1.7" from guide what you linked. As I understand. I will wait for a good and stable version. You are super.

Reactions: katerpanne
Last edited: