Help - Redmi 3 Bricked !!

this link is for redmi Note 3, this is only redmi 3
But the solution is not so simple ... this method what you mean now all try ...
thank you

Pressing volume up + power will bring up boot menu. If your system has problem, the menu will not show up. It will instead go into an alternative download mode.

You don't want that. You want to go to proper download mode. You need 3 buttons. Volume up + volume down + power to reach the proper download mode

I got same issue when i try to downgrade from miui8 to miui7 yesterday. This method saved my redmi3...

Reactions: yantz
Yes i believe a lot of people got into the wrong download mode. That causes the end of file error in miflash. People are not aware that there are actually 2 different download modes

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

Yes i believe a lot of people got into the wrong download mode. That causes the end of file error in miflash. People are not aware that there are actually 2 different download modes

So in your opinion as you enter the correct way? thanks

I'm not xiaomi expert. Just sharing my experience. When a flash failed, i pressed volume up + power. The phone vibrate, show mi logo, then vibrate again, then screen off. Pc device manager shows device in download mode. Then using miflash, i tried flashing but error end of file comes up. I tried the same thing, again same error. Then I tried volume up + volume down + power. Phone vibrate, mi logo then screen off. This time there is no 2nd vibrate. Pc device manager still show device in download mode. Tried flashing using miflash. Success, no error. Phone revive

Thanks for ansverig, but! My phone not startup, not going to recovery or fastboot. When I hold Vol+ during USB inserting, probably starting EDL mode. Phone recognized as Qualcomm blah-blah-blah in device manager. But when i try to flash the ROM via MiFlash i got error "Reached end of file ....... Receiving hello packet"

I have the same problem when i flash the stable ROM from this site. I was installing the dev version (with weekly updates). Actually what happen is, that the bootloader it locked again!
So i press the powerbutton like 30 seconds and keep pressing the vol-. It will eventually enter fastboot mode. I then unlocked it again with Mi unlock tool. After that phone reboot with stable version installed :).

Friends, please before answering, take a look at post number 1!

understand something, in that we have this problem could not go into download mode or fastboot, or otherwise, the mobile phone is in a deep coma !!

I thank all who have given their contribution to help, but we have seen that it is not pressing the on / off and volume that we will solve this problem.

thank you

Friends, please before answering, take a look at post number 1!

understand something, in that we have this problem could not go into download mode or fastboot, or otherwise, the mobile phone is in a deep coma !!

I thank all who have given their contribution to help, but we have seen that it is not pressing the on / off and volume that we will solve this problem.

thank you

Sorry, that is also what i thought. My Redmi 3 Pro stayed on black screen but PC recognized it. So it must be in some state of download mode or something already.
That is until i press the power button and volume down long enough for about 30 seconds and voila the fastboot screen appeared! I already stated it on post #31
Anyway just trying to help here, seems like some people are able to bring their device back to live but then again sorry if my trick does not work for you.

Reactions: G0ku5
Reboot to edl wont work because your bootloader is locked. As simple as that..
I have also tried many trick to boot my redmi 3 pro to edl to no avail..
My idea would be to unlocked the bootloader first. But with the redmi unlock tool, you can only do this if your phone is on fastboot mode. Of this, i have no idea, perhaps some people here know how to boot to fastboot other that power and volume down?
I also have tried to enter fastboot using adb command, it also wont work...

dear friend
i have exactly condition with like your problem
after searching many website seem our device is in PBL emergency download mode
it's because of flashing wrong programming file and PBL is change to emergency download mode

that thread
if you found a solution pls alert me

i can't paste link so make screenshot pls check

Attachments

• TMPDOODLE1466525063352.jpg
    TMPDOODLE1466525063352.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 650
factory rom is need another device rooted
and then make factory reset and copy all partition as .img image file right ?
after that do you know how to use qpst ?

As i mentioned earlier, there are 2 different download modes. Can you confirm you are new download mode by checking device manager. There should not be any extra drive

Edit sorry in new download mode there should be extra drive in device manager

I faced exactly this Problem

seemed my issue solved by the Following :

- connect phone to PC (install drivers)
- run MiFlash
- Hold 3 buttons at the same time ( Volume + and Volume - and Power)
It should vibrate once and then one more again and then stand by with dimmed on display.
- If it worked, do the standard procedures in MiFlash

I hope that helps... cuz my phone is back to life now

Reactions: tradingshenzhen
As i mentioned earlier, there are 2 different download modes. Can you confirm you are new download mode by checking device manager. There should not be any extra drive

Edit sorry in new download mode there should be extra drive in device manager

but these method will not work for our device because we have no mmc storage in device manager we can't format emmc in the device
i think our problem is mismatching file in the emmc device
if we can't fix that mismatch file we have to format that emmc
i found something magic google about`UFI box" guys in my country i can't buy that box
that tools can be format emmc and write into emmc the whole emmc without factory image just fastboot rom

guys if you have facebook account we can use group chat to solved that problem
here i have problem to receive notification if u wanna join here is my facebook account

john steve

Attachments

• TMPDOODLE1466564513193.jpg
    TMPDOODLE1466564513193.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 432
You don't want that. You want to go to proper download mode. You need 3 buttons. Volume up + volume down + power to reach the proper download mode

Thanks :) This helped me out today - I got a Bootloop and couldn´t enter the Recovery Mode anymore.

FYI: I am using ido_xhdpi_images_6.4.7_20160322.0000.17_5.1_cn_053a791c73.tgz with MiFlash 2106 @Win10/64Bit
(works for Redmi 3 and Redmi 3 Pro)

Reactions: yantz
I found this article that is related to what you said

Guide, if you are NEW “Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008” MODE
http://www.droidsavvy.com/unbrick-qualcomm-mobiles/

however it is necessary that someone with 1 redmi 3 make himself available to create a full backup rooted
Are you sure place rom in a folder without space character when flashing with MI flash like redmi_3 not redmi 3, if mi flash detect your device, I'm sure it will work, if there is a space on folder it only work half progress.

I found this article that is related to what you said

Guide, if you are NEW “Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008” MODE
http://www.droidsavvy.com/unbrick-qualcomm-mobiles/

however it is necessary that someone with 1 redmi 3 make himself available to create a full backup rooted
Hi, tomorrow I will get my second redmi 3, so then the unlock bootloader code obtain, I make the recovery.img to try flash the redmi 3 bricked, I will upload the image soon...