"Hey Google" does not wake up from standby

Rollo27

Members
Jan 9, 2021
Maybe, after the last update tu MIUI 12 I cannot start the Google Assistant when phone is in standby. E.g. to call car hands-free facility. I remember it worked fine a long time, but it was with MIUI 11, I suppose. If the display is on or locked (but with visible lock screen), it works fine - but it is useless... I did not change any options.

What can I do? Is it a bug, or is there any solution?

Thx
Ralph

You could try launching the google app and open settings>ok google detection, then toggle from any screen. and turn on the always listening mode from the google app...hope this helps.
P.s i've just tried it on my note 9 pro and it works fine in MIUI 12.
See.

Hm, there is no "ok google detection" in Google settings. And nowhere I can "toggle from any screen. and turn on the always listening mode". In my german menus are no similar possibilities. I have "Google assistant" -> "Voice Match" toggled ON. Additionally I have set the options shown in the attached (german) screenshots.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-12-14-47-36-583_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-12-14-47-36-583_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 353
Ah i get you now, i've just tried to access my calendar from sleep but it asks me to use my fingerprint first in order to unlock. It's good for questions, but that's about it.