How do I get the WiFi triggers for Automated Tasks? (Xiaomi.eu rom 14 stable)

T0masz

Members
Aug 17, 2014
Hi, I searched the forum but I found no recent posts about this issue except this one which doesn't really apply specifically to my issue.

How do I get the WiFi triggers for Automated Tasks in Mi Security?

Previously I run Pixel Experience on a different device and there was a setting called "Rules" under System in Settings which allowed, for example, automatically going to vibrate mode when connecting to a particular WiFi or BT device and reversing that when disconnecting. I found that this is not a thing on MIUI, even when force sideloading Settings Services, which I believe is what controls this.

I have however read that Mi Security app does exactly that. I went in there and unfortunately, despite the guide I linked before showing that WiFi triggers should be there, they are not. In fact, only battery percentage trigger is available and nothing else. I tried updating the Security app using the latest APKMirror release but this has completely removed the Automated Tasks from there. I obviously downgraded and it's back, but wifi triggers are still not there. So, how do I do it?

The rom is Xiaomi.eu 14 stable and the device is 12 Lite (taoyao)

If I understood your request correctly, it can be set. https://streamable.com/qept71
And you're on Xiaomi.eu rom, right? What version of Mi Security have you got? For me it's 7.5.4-230317.0.2 and I can only set clock, timer, or battery triggers, as shown in the picture:
Screenshot_2023-06-26-20-56-02-312_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
Screenshot_2023-06-26-20-54-02-940_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
Screenshot_2023-06-26-20-54-09-759_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

I have Xiaomi 12, Weekly xiaomi.eu ROM. Mi Security version: 7.9.4-230531.0.1
It is possible that this feature is not yet fully available in Stable ROM.

Only the developer can give you a relevant answer whether it will be available in the future.

I will have to find a 3rd party solution then.

Just one more question, where in the main screen of the Security app do Automated Tasks appear for you?

Security > ToolBox > Automated tasks
or
Security > Battery > Battery > Automated tasks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-06-26-21-42-35-106_com.miui.securitycenter-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-26-21-42-35-106_com.miui.securitycenter-edit.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 102