[ICON]MIUI 11/12 Global Icon Pack Flasher

Xiaomi phones with "dynamic partition" system (=phones launched with Android 10) can't mount "System" partition as writeable in TWRP (because TWRP doesn't support "dynamic partition" yet). Don't know if a workaround will be available later... :(

I will create and share my own "MIUI 11/12 Global Icon Pack Flasher" zips version and should work on 99% of phones. :)

EDIT:

INFO: zip files are NOT signed.

- For MIUI 11 icons => xiaomi.eu_MIUIv11_icon_pack_v1.2.zip

- For MIUI 12 icons => xiaomi.eu_MIUIv12_icon_pack_v1.2.zip

;)
thanks! you are the saviour

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: Poney70
Will somebody test this in mi 10 lite 5g?

@Poney70 you could have updated also the updater script to get your info's too :)
I see you included busybox in the flasher... i think that was my mistake

Last edited:
Xiaomi phones with "dynamic partition" system (=phones launched with Android 10) can't mount "System" partition as writeable in TWRP (because TWRP doesn't support "dynamic partition" yet). Don't know if a workaround will be available later... :(

I will create and share my own "MIUI 11/12 Global Icon Pack Flasher" zips version and should work on 99% of phones. :)

EDIT:

;)
tested and working great on mi8.

EDIT:

;)
@Poney70 thanks a lot. Working perfectly on Mi 8. Can you please make a flashable zip for original miui 12 milan pro font?

Reactions: haziqabgsapri
It's because you can't modify "/system" partition in TWRP. :)

TWRP needs to support the new "dynamic partition" (= all devices shipped with Android 10+), no ETA about that.

;)
That explains it. Thank you so much.

Sent from my M2007J1SC using Tapatalk

EDIT:

;)
Thanks! Working on Mi 9 Lite

i used TWRP 3.4.2 on my Redmi K30 5G, MIUI 12.0.7. When I mount system and go to TWRP file manager, I can see folder "miui mod icon" in '/system/media/theme" but cant delete it, process ended with Error:1 .Anyone help me fix it :((

EDIT:

;)
It doesn't work with K30 5G :(

It doesn't work with K30 5G :(
Of course it doesn't work => TWRP can't modify "/system" partition for your device (yet)... :(

Only way to modify "/system" partition is with Magisk installed and with a Magisk module. ;)

Of course it doesn't work => TWRP can't modify "/system" partition for your device (yet)... :(

Only way to modify "/system" partition is with Magisk installed and with a Magisk module. ;)
Can you give me more detail please

What you should do:

1) Download and install latest Magisk Manager app => MagiskManager-v8.0.2.apk
2) Download latest stable Magisk => Magisk-v20.4.zip
3) Reboot to TWRP and install Magisk (zip file)
4) Reboot to System

Then open Magisk Manager > Settings (gear icon at the top right) > "Hide Magisk Manager".
Then open the new Magisk Manager app > Settings (gear icon at the top right) > Enable "MagiskHide" option.

You can now download this Magisk module in your device => MIUI-Remove_MIUI_MOD_ICONS-Magisk.zip

To install it:

1) In Magisk Manager app, tap on the "Puzzle piece" icon
2) Tap on "Install from storage" button (at the top)
3) Chose the Magisk module (zip file)
4) Install then reboot

;)

EDIT: Don't forget to re-apply your phone's theme to update icons. :)
Thanks you so much, it working now ^^. Does MIUI mod icon will come back if I remove Magisk and unroot now?

EDIT:

To simply remove all modified icons => TWRP_Remove_MIUI_MOD_ICONS.zip

=======================

Magisk modules version:

- For MIUI 11 icons => MIUI-MIUIv11_icon_pack-Magisk.zip

- For MIUI 12 icons => MIUI-MIUIv12_icon_pack-Magisk.zip

To simply remove all modified icons => MIUI-Remove_MIUI_MOD_ICONS-Magisk.zip

;)
hai what is different

and this?

hai what is different

and this?

1st method is flash miui 12 icon pack via TWRP (not working on Some devices)
2nd method is delete the icon miui mod, root required

1st method is flash miui 12 icon pack via TWRP (not working on Some devices)
2nd method is delete the icon miui mod, root required
it is really necessary to root because the file is flashable using twrp. i already flash the second file but icon is messing.the folder icon is missing and icon is missing background masking.

Now i already find out simple way to use original icon on my K30 5G miui 12 (no root, no delete miui icon mod)
And it's how I fix it:
1) Go to Settings > Home screen
2) Turn off "Global icon animations"
3) restart your phone. If not working, you must update app to newest version or uninstall and then re-install

Reactions: Bar.Tek
i was thinking but if i used the CRB tool to unpack the xiaomi.eu rom -> delete the contents of the miui_mod_icons folder except .nomedia
(ROM \ system \ system \ media \ theme \ miui_mod_icons)
and finally recompile the rom and reinstall it with twrp ?
to install a custom rom on another custom rom I just need to simply follow the steps of the first custom installation?

Reactions: TTiber
If you don't want to use the custom Xiaomi.eu icons (which are great by the way)
Just root and install the magisk module.
This makes it future proof, without going through all the stress of unpacking and repacking ROM.