[INFO] Known Issues (Weekly) & FAQ

Well, you can temporarily bypass that by clearing app data for "Battery and performance" without rebooting.
Then YouTube will be displayed at your selected refresh rate, probably just until you reboot.
Xiamomi does a lot of weird things, from what I see, besides pulling configs from hell knows where is looking for apps from the logs.. Turn off logging buffer and the problem disappears.

They try to even mitigate their broken LTPO implementation with logs.. Anyway that is a different issue ;)

The UI framerate drops to maybe about 4fps when using the fingerprint scanner on the Mi 11 (Venus - Global), happens on a clean install. Issue occurs on both the latest stable and on the latest beta builds.

The UI framerate drops to maybe about 4fps when using the fingerprint scanner on the Mi 11 (Venus - Global), happens on a clean install. Issue occurs on both the latest stable and on the latest beta builds.

I don't use global it is broken for me, EEA works but that's just some weird Frankenstein MIUI build..

Please note after I flashed Global my phone was acting weird, crashes, overheating etc..
And to fix that I had to flash the latest EEA fastboot build, before EU to have it working again.
( EEA was what the phone came with, maybe is different for you )

But I use the latest EU beta and cannot it confirm that. How do you measure the fps? Here if I have the display set to 60Hz it jumps to 120Hz while unlocking.

I don't use global it is broken for me, EEA works but that's just some weird Frankenstein MIUI build..

Please note after I flashed Global my phone was acting weird, crashes, overheating etc..
And to fix that I had to flash the latest EEA fastboot build, before EU to have it working again.
( EEA was what the phone came with, maybe is different for you )

But I use the latest EU beta and cannot it confirm that. How do you measure the fps? Here if I have the display set to 60Hz it jumps to 120Hz while unlocking.

Was more gauging it by eye then actual concrete framerate, the fingerprint animation itself is what drops a lot of its frames.

Here is a slow motion clip to show what I mean

The animation coming from the fingerprint sensor is extremely choppy. On the Global rom it's perfectly smooth like in the previews.

Was more gauging it by eye then actual concrete framerate, the fingerprint animation itself is what drops a lot of its frames.

Here is a slow motion clip to show what I mean

The animation coming from the fingerprint sensor is extremely choppy. On the Global rom it's perfectly smooth like in the previews.

Here is the other way around ;)
Global is unusable for me.

Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra 12Gb/256Gb
Running v21.6.2

Default messaging bug
If you change the default messagin app to Signal or Google Messaging, sending SMS stops working in all apps, including Xiaomi Messages aswell. Receiving SMS still works.

Last edited:
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra 12Gb/256Gb
Running v21.6.2

Default messaging bug
If you change the default messagin app to Signal or Google Messaging, sending SMS stops working in all apps, including Xiaomi Messages aswell. Receiving SMS still works.
Go over the permissions for the relevant app, especially important ones like "Get device info".

Reactions: Poney70 and ZedeN
i dont know if its my poco f3 only or it is a bug. i was playing COD mobile for about 4-5 games multiplayer at high settings max framerate on wifi. after i exit my phone becomes sluggish and when i click on the fps counter on the dev options it goes down to 60 fps. i need to switch to 60 fps and turn it back to 120 fps afterwards. also my brightness isnt that high or approximately around 60-80 percent only.

Mi max 3 12.5 rom has a homescreen bug
the wallpaper is always black cant be changed
even changing the whole theme does nothing it still is black

i dont know if its my poco f3 only or it is a bug. i was playing COD mobile for about 4-5 games multiplayer at high settings max framerate on wifi. after i exit my phone becomes sluggish and when i click on the fps counter on the dev options it goes down to 60 fps. i need to switch to 60 fps and turn it back to 120 fps afterwards. also my brightness isnt that high or approximately around 60-80 percent only.
It is caused by game booster, close it completely

Sent from my M2007J3SG using Tapatalk

Yep, but nothing new than on previous rom update. But on previous was everything ok (the last update certificate's date before rom update). And all my "debloats" not connected with system apks and libs or something else...
Maybe...
I don't have your device so I can't confirm your issue.
On my Mi 9T with 21.6.16 update = No issue to download Widevine L1 certificate (just tried now). :)
You can also try to disable your AdBlocker, I don't have another suggestion. ;)

Mi max 3 12.5 rom has a homescreen bug
the wallpaper is always black cant be changed
even changing the whole theme does nothing it still is black
The same on my mi max 3.
Will be reuploaded once we finish with today's Weeklies.
For some reason you two completely ignored the "(Weekly)" in this thread's title. Don't report Stable ROM issues here.

Looks like they only fixed it for some of the devices... absurd... we'll keep track of it during next week, and if still not fixed, we'll fix it ourselves again...
Yes, I was thinking something similar. It is working fine on my RN8. Xiaomi proper never fails to disappoint with weird decisions...

Reactions: Poney70