[INFO] Known Issues (Weekly) & FAQ

I didn't do anything. That is the strange thing. Suddenly disappears a random icon and the only way to get it back is to create a folder like you can see in my video.
Did you try to clear data of MIUI Launcher?

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

After resetting the Mi 9 SE it does not leave the twrp screen. Current version. Anyone else with this problem?

20.8.13 can't use dial buttons when using 2 SIM cards, when one simcard is disabled it works (only one dial buttons visible), when i have two dial buttons it doesnt work. Can't press those two buttons marked on screen.

IMG_20200820_151227.jpg

Dispositivo: grus (Mi9SE )
ROM: MIUI 12.1 20.8.20

After update ,password, fingerprint and pin don't work, is impossible setting it.
Before with 20.8.13 all work well.

Last edited:
Device: Mi10 (umi)
ROM: Xiaomi.eu 20.8.20
- USB OTG doesn't work with stock MIUI File explorer, with third party apps it works (eg. TotalCommander). Filesystem tested: exFAT and FAT32.
- UI bugs: using stock icons, they are displayed in different shapes and colors between Stock Launcher and Recent apps..
- Fonts are not displayed correctly: if I choose a new font from Themes app, it will apply only to system apps, not third party apps.
- Signal and Blockchain apps Force close.
- Casual battery drain/wakelock from Gallery, mediastorage and Updates. Fixed with a reboot.
- Fast Charge animation is not displayed correctly (percentage are half hidden by the animation).
- Home gesture (swipe up) doesn't work in third party launchers (eg. Lawnchair).
- Three finger swipe/Screenshot works partially: cannot share directly, cannot see screenshots in third party apps. In order to share screenshots you can only use Gallery app.
- Hotword recognition: "Ok/Hey Google" hotword doesn't work. (already known bug).
- Youtube doesn't work in Picture-in-Picture mode (already known bug). The same bug happens with Google Maps during Navigation.
- Control Center is not as smooth as notifications shade, sometimes it lags, sometimes it stutters.
- Backup cannot start, had to use this workaround (https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-8/how-to/guide-google-backup-waiting-to-backup-t3895101).

Last edited:
Reactions: anhvtvtv
ROM: Xiaomi.eu 20.8.25

- Fonts are not displayed correctly: if I choose a new font from Themes app, it will apply only to system apps, not third party apps.
- Fast Charge animation is not displayed correctly (percentage are half hidden by the animation).
- Home gesture (swipe up) doesn't work in third party launchers (eg. Lawnchair).
- Three finger swipe/Screenshot works partially: cannot share directly, cannot see screenshots in third party apps. In order to share screenshots you can only use Gallery app.
- Hotword recognition: "Ok/Hey Google" hotword doesn't work. (already known bug).
- Youtube vanced doesn't work in Picture-in-Picture mode (already known bug). The same bug happens with Google Maps during Navigation.
- Control Center is not as smooth as notifications shade, sometimes it lags, sometimes it stutters.

Last edited:
ROM: Xiaomi.eu 20.8.28

- Text selector: the picker is shown incorrectly (stretched and in the wrong line).
- Youtube vanced doesn't work in Picture-in-Picture mode (already known bug). The same bug happens with Google Maps during Navigation.

Last edited:
Device: raphael
Firmware: 20.8.27 & 20.9.3

Brightness slider does not work, when control center is fully open.

gingko: APNs cannot be modified, clicking on an APN results in a crash - there is a separate thread for it started by another member. Any suggestions, can someone else check?
Code:
java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: package=com.android.settings does not belong to uid=1001
    at android.os.Parcel.createException(Unknown Source:36)
    at android.os.Parcel.readException(Unknown Source:11)
    at android.os.Parcel.readException(Unknown Source:10)
    at android.app.IActivityTaskManager$Stub$Proxy.startActivity(Unknown Source:158)
    at android.app.Instrumentation.execStartActivity(Unknown Source:191)
    at android.app.Activity.startActivityForResult(Unknown Source:23)
    at android.app.Activity.startActivityForResult(Unknown Source:1)
    at android.app.Activity.startActivity(Unknown Source:7)
    at android.app.Activity.startActivity(Unknown Source:1)
    at android.content.ContextWrapper.startActivity(Unknown Source:2)
    at com.android.settings.MiuiApnPreference.onClick(Unknown Source:40)
    at android.view.View.performClick(Unknown Source:17)
    at android.view.View.performClickInternal(Unknown Source:3)
    at android.view.View.access$3600(Unknown Source:0)
    at android.view.View$PerformClick.run(Unknown Source:8)
    at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Unknown Source:2)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:4)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:242)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:98)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:275)
Caused by: android.os.RemoteException: Remote stack trace:
    at com.android.server.wm.ActivityTaskManagerService.assertPackageMatchesCallingUid(Unknown Source:43)
    at com.android.server.wm.ActivityTaskManagerService.startActivityAsUser(Unknown Source:7)
    at com.android.server.wm.ActivityTaskManagerService.startActivityAsUser(Unknown Source:22)
    at com.android.server.wm.ActivityTaskManagerService.startActivity(Unknown Source:23)
    at android.app.IActivityTaskManager$Stub.onTransact(Unknown Source:5136)

Device: Mi 9T
When I use the camera app HDR is always off even if I put in auto when I close or after a several minutes HDR is turn off it doesn't stay in auto mode is there any solution to this ?

Device: Mi 9T
When I use the camera app HDR is always off even if I put in auto when I close or after a several minutes HDR is turn off it doesn't stay in auto mode is there any solution to this ?
Confirm that issue on latest build. Also control center its a litle lagy

Device: Mi 10 Ultra
There seems to be an issue with text overlays. In certain cases, I get black text where there should be white/colour. It briefly flashes in the right colour when opening the settings (swiping from the top), and when taking a screenshot or making a screenrecording from within the device, the text is shown as it should. But it looks black on the screen. See attached videos.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Found another bug in the Mi 10 Ultra EU ROM 20.9.3_v12-10-fastboot weekly ROM, it's the charging screen font size. It's too big :)
Was at 83%, started charging, and when the decimals were added the numbers no longer fit on the screen, the 8 disappeared completely and the last decimal is only partially visible:

I've made a small video to show what happens:

Attachments

• 20200914_201938.jpg
    20200914_201938.jpg
    566.9 KB · Views: 178
Found another bug in the Mi 10 Ultra EU ROM 20.9.3_v12-10-fastboot weekly ROM, it's the charging screen font size. It's too big :)
Was at 83%, started charging, and when the decimals were added the numbers no longer fit on the screen, the 8 disappeared completely and the last decimal is only partially visible:

View attachment 31868

I've made a small video to show what happens:

Don't know anything about the scaling issue you're having as we don't touch that animation in any way.
As for the percentage issue, this is a known issue and was confirmed by official Global ROM testers, so it's an official MIUI issue.

Miui 12-[20.9.10]- Redmi Note 8

On last night, I was watching videos on youtube, my cell phone was functioning normally as usual (install the Rom [weekly] of miui 12 two days ago) after a few minutes, I left youtube, and I found a spot shaped like a skate track in the lower left corner, it scared me a little since I thought my cell phone had received some hit, the next thing I did was restart the cell phone.

When I finished restarting the stain had disappeared, I had never happened this before, in addition my cell phone has never fallen (as far as I know). So this could be some rom failure?

All this was translated with an online translator, sorry if it is not understood.

I attach this image as an example.

Using MIUI 12.2 EU 20.9.17 Beta Weekly on Mi 10 Ultra, Battery usage stats is always resetting to 0 active minute and standby minute randomly. Plus, in Gesture Shortcuts > Button shortcuts, there is no option to change settings of “Long press the Home Button”.

On 20.9.17 on my Xiaomi Mi 9 there is constantly showing notification that com.miui.powerkeeper stopped working.

Wysłane z mojego MI 9 przy użyciu Tapatalka

On 20.9.17 on my Xiaomi Mi 9 there is constantly showing notification that com.miui.powerkeeper stopped working.

Wysłane z mojego MI 9 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Also have this issue on Mi 9 - yesterday i switched from MIUI 11

Since moving to the xiaomi.eu weekly roms, I've lost wireless fast charging on my Mi10Ultra. Is this a known issue?

Since moving to the xiaomi.eu weekly roms, I've lost wireless fast charging on my Mi10Ultra. Is this a known issue?
Strange, I'm on weekly Eu Mi 10 Pro. Wireless charging works fine for me.

Sent from my M2007J1SC using Tapatalk

Strange, I'm on weekly Eu Mi 10 Pro. Wireless charging works fine for me.

Sent from my M2007J1SC using Tapatalk
Wireless charging works, but it's not fast wireless charging. Using my Huawei charger with the original CN rom, it would activate the fan and say fast wireless charging. Now it doesn't, and just say wireless charging and the fan doesn't come on.