[INFO] Known Issues (Weekly) & FAQ

Notifications on Mix 4 doesn't work well. Optimization disabled for apps, permissions granted but still Messenger and Signal doesn't get notifications when running in background (weekly 22.3.24).

Did something change with "Use app icons for notifications" with 22.3.30? Some app icons look distorted like Reddit or Tapatalk. Wasn't like that with previous versions
72c64faaf637f27728976a800bb102f8.jpg

Sent from my M2007J1SC using Tapatalk

Hi
The 960 and 1920 fps slow motion mode doesn't work properly in Mi 11 Pro with weekly ROM over A12 since 22.2.9 version. I tried reinstalling the 22.3.30 version with data format, but this issue is still there. Please fix this camera mode for next updates. Thanks!

Edit: These problems in camera have are ended after updating from weekly ROM to 13.0.10 stable ROM with data format

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Twizama
It's not missing, it was never added as part of our ROMs. We don't support it, we use MIUI's Screen time feature like in China ROM.
OK, so there is an option to track my own screen time and restrict it if necessary. because I find that quite useful. thanks for your reply.

Notifications on Mix 4 doesn't work well. Optimization disabled for apps, permissions granted but still Messenger and Signal doesn't get notifications when running in background (weekly 22.3.24).
Same issue with newest weekly verison.
Btw what I discovered was that if I turn off my wifi and use mobile data it refreshes the notification but then same issue appear and then I switch back to wifi and it refreshes all again but not for ever just for a short time. For example if my friend sends me a message per Whatsapp I get it in the first time but after 2 mins or so it stops sending me messages in all apps that needs wifi. weird

Reactions: WickedKorteX

PROBLEM: ''confirm your network can't connect to network'', Any solution?​

It is a copy of post I found on Reddit that precisely describes my problem.
renderTimingPixel.png

Hi everyone, anyone has a solution to the mentioned problem in the title without losing my data? I already tried resetting the network, but it did not work. This message appears when I try to delete the feature of Second Space or when I try to log in to my Mi Account. I guess basically any Mi service which requires user account. The error message appears whether I use Wi-Fi or Mobile Data, or even when I use VPN. Please help!

A12 broke wifi 5ghz speed on mi11U.

With A11 miui 12.5 i got on speedtest 1100mbsec, with 160mhz and dfs channels.
now with same configuration on A12 miui 13 beta i got 450mbps.
in menu, wifi, connection speed is 1733mbps.
i've read that xiaomi broke the 5ghz band and no one can do anything apart of xiaomi.

i've also tried the same test with a locked EEA Mi11tPro, same result, speed is capped at 450mbps on speedtest.

is anyone else having this issue?
Same with my issue. Seems a system-wide problem of A12 upgrade from A11. Hopefully Xiaomi will resolve this issue.

Automatic switching from day mode to night mode - in regard of sunset time - isn't working. Happens at 18:00 o'clock no matter what I try.

HI, I'm using 22.4.29 and have a issue with WIFI sometimes, it shows WIFI is on and connected but doesn't work. I didn't have this problem with the stable rom

After fastboot update to 13.0.12. the swipe up gesture (when used within apps) to open recents is not working. Also after switching to physical navigation the recents button causes a crash back to home screen.

Is there a way to fix this? Will a factory reset fix this?

Thank you

After fastboot update to 13.0.12. the swipe up gesture (when used within apps) to open recents is not working. Also after switching to physical navigation the recents button causes a crash back to home screen.

Is there a way to fix this? Will a factory reset fix this?

Thank you
I am having the same issue. And when you go to home screen there's a 2 sec delay with black screen and following with apps loading animation... I did a factory reset and it's still the same.

EDIT:
They fixed it. Just go and download the rom again and update with fastboot.

Last edited:
Ghost notification from earphone!
(Previously saw this notification from Health & another one app)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-05-19-08-59-14-554-edit_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-19-08-59-14-554-edit_com.miui.home.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 147
Poco f3

Unable to set private dns

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-05-20-12-25-32-533_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2022-05-20-12-25-32-533_com.android.settings.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 168
Reactions: gogocar62
It didn't help on my Poco F3.
Are the commands written correctly?

Odesláno z Poco F3 pomocí Tapatalk

It doesn't work. I'm doing something wrong.
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb shell settings put global private_dns_mode hostname

Exception occurred while executing 'put':
java.lang.SecurityException: Permission denial: writing to settings requires:android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
        at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsProvider.enforceWritePermission(Unknown Source:30)
        at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsProvider.mutateGlobalSetting(Unknown Source:6)
        at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsProvider.insertGlobalSetting(Unknown Source:12)
        at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsProvider.call(Unknown Source:636)
        at android.content.ContentProvider.call(Unknown Source:0)
        at android.content.ContentProvider$Transport.call(Unknown Source:25)
        at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsService$MyShellCommand.putForUser(Unknown Source:94)
        at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsService$MyShellCommand.onCommand(Unknown Source:619)
        at com.android.modules.utils.BasicShellCommandHandler.exec(Unknown Source:27)
        at android.os.ShellCommand.exec(Unknown Source:4)
        at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsService.onShellCommand(Unknown Source:15)
        at android.os.Binder.shellCommand(Unknown Source:0)
        at android.os.Binder.onTransact(Unknown Source:148)
        at android.os.Binder.execTransactInternal(Unknown Source:118)
        at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Unknown Source:16)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb shell settings put global private_dns_specifier dns.adguard.com

java.lang.SecurityException: Permission denial: writing to settings requires:android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
        at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsProvider.enforceWritePermission(Unknown Source:30)
        at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsProvider.mutateGlobalSetting(Unknown Source:6)
        at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsProvider.insertGlobalSetting(Unknown Source:12)
        at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsService$MyShellCommand.putForUser(Unknown Source:94)
        at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsService$MyShellCommand.onCommand(Unknown Source:619)
        at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsService.onShellCommand(Unknown Source:15)

It doesn't work. I'm doing something wrong.
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb shell settings put global private_dns_mode hostname

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb shell settings put global private_dns_specifier dns.adguard.com

You need to enable "USB debugging (Security settings)" too.

@Igor Eisberg ,
If possible, make an announcement about last few comments on this post we discussed about 22.5.18 private dns problem.

So those people facing the DNS hostname provider problem can temporary fix (use) this.

If possible, make an announcement about last few comments on this post we discussed about 22.5.18 private dns problem.
I don't make announcements about issues, the first post of this thread is meant for that, and I already listed this issue under "Known Official Issues".

So those people facing the DNS hostname provider problem can temporary fix (use) this.
Temporarily fix/use what? There is no solution.