[INFO] Known Issues (Weekly) & FAQ

I don't make announcements about issues, the first post of this thread is meant for that, and I already listed this issue under "Known Official Issues".

Temporarily fix/use what? There is no solution.
Temporary fix means, we can still change private dns hosts using adb.

Here it is:

Confirmed. adb workaround:

Code:
adb shell settings put global private_dns_mode hostname
adb shell settings put global private_dns_specifier private.dns.hostname.here

@Igor Eisberg

Traffic settings are not adapted for European users. Could you fix it?
1. The phone number is not fully displayed. As an example, in Russia, 10-digit numbers if without a prefix.
2. Chinese currency is used.

Screenshot_2022-05-27-18-39-21-232_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

nik.shersh

CHANGELOG

Status bar

New - Added NFC icon

Security
New - Redesigned Data usage settings. Attention: certain settings may not be accessible, because they are not supported by most carriers outside of China
Optimization - Restored the data usage reset date option

System launcher
New - You can choose one of three animation speeds now

Scanner
Optimization - Optimized app interface

Mail
New - Mail filtering rules allow to manage your emails more efficiently

@Igor Eisberg

Traffic settings are not adapted for European users. Could you fix it?
1. The phone number is not fully displayed. As an example, in Russia, 10-digit numbers if without a prefix.
2. Chinese currency is used.

View attachment 42459
Under "Security":

The "Data usage" screen was always designed for China only, only this time it's too difficult to do anything about it.
Not a priority, it's usable via "Traffic Advanced Settings".

Hi all. Poco F3 Xiaomi.eu 22.5.25, latest. Clean install, with data formatting. Problem with call recording. Automatic call recording is enabled in the settings, for all numbers. When talking, the recording turns on by itself, and then it is noted that the conversation is recorded. When entering through the voice recorder> call recording, recorded conversations are present, but if you enter through the dialer and open a specific call in the call log, then there will be no function to listen to, either for outgoing or incoming calls from unknown numbers or numbers from the address book, as if there were no records and no. On the previous firmware, even on the A11, everything worked right away, without problems. Has anyone come across this particular case? It is clear that there is a record, but it is much more convenient to look through the call log, as in the screenshot presented, without entering the voice recorder.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-05-28-15-31-29-072_com.android.contacts.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-28-15-31-29-072_com.android.contacts.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 180
@Igor Eisberg

When the system language is Hebrew on the Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra phone, there is a glitch that it's not possible to transfer apps I downloaded on the home screen to to a specific place on a page on the home screen that I want to transfer the apps I downloaded). Once I try to move an app on the home screen to another location, the app doesn't move or move to a completely different place (a completely different "page"or to a place I didn't want to move it).

Thanks in advance!

Hey, hello!
Nice to meet you all!
First of all, thank you so much for developing Europe ROMs.
They have been very helpful and improved my life a lot.

Some years ago, I already tried your Europe ROM for Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite.
Your ROM, along to its hardware, made it be the best phone I ever had.
I still miss it *snif*

Also, thank you so much for developing the Europe ROM for Poco X3 Pro.
After Google banned call recording from the Accesibility capabilities, I had to change the ROM.
So I'm grateful because now I can listen to call recordings again.

Bugs with POCO X3 Pro vayu ROM (MIUI 13 stable release)​

I wanted to ask if someone else's having the following trouble.
I'll leave some specs (if more are needed, tell me)
- Device: Xiaomi POCO X3 Pro
- ROM: POCOX3Pro
- MIUI: 13.0.4 (V13.0.4.0) (SJUMIXM) (Stable)
- Release: Stable
- codename: vayu
- Version: Global
- Link: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-13-stable-release.64441/

Problem 1: unstable contact syncing​

When I use apps that make use of contact syncing, like WhatsApp, Telegram, Telephone, Messages, etc., most of the time the contacts are not synced, and I can only see them as plain telephone numbers and not contacts with their names, surnames, metadata, groups, etc.

I suspect this is because a sync problem between my Google account, which has my contacts, and my Mi Account or my phone.
This only has started happening after changing to Xiaomi.eu ROM.

Problem 2: trembling camera​

When I use Camera app and I start recording videos, I can see how the framing trembles at the very moment I am filming.
I have looked up a bit in the forums, and I suspect it may be related to the giroscope functioning.

This happened also with Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite Global ROM made by xiaomi.eu.
But in 8 Lite's case was much worse: I couldn't film anything because the framing wasn't trembling, but shaking.

Now is not so serious, but it still affects.

Problem 3: unstable GPS calibration​

When I use Google Maps app to know my orientation and position, Google Maps is unable to keep my Poco's compass calibrated.

I always get lost and frustrated because I go the opposite way. Google Maps always recommends me to calibrate my position.

- If it's not calibrated (most of the time), Google Maps shows my position as a blue dot with a blue spotlight that breaths slowly in all directions.
- If it's calibrated (because I manually did it), Google Maps shows my position as a blue dot with no breathing aura and a determined spotlight looking in the same direction I am.

This has been happening since I bought the device, before changing to Xiaomi.eu's ROM.

Problem 4: blank camera with calibrating in Google Maps​

When trying to use the Calibrate function at Google Maps, sometimes the camera is blank, so it cannot analyze of my surroundings to recalibrate my compass.

I end having to cancel the Calibrate function and starting again.

Normally, the blank camera problem only occurs the first time, maybe because of some permission related to the camera or maybe the autostart option, or not being able to run in background...

This has been happening since i bought the device, before changing to Xiaomi.eu's ROM.

Problem 5: apps don't update automatically in Google Play (under construction)​

Even if apps are set to be updated automatically, I always have to go to Google Play once a week to manually update the apps that have received an update.

Sometimes, even if I tap on "Update all now", some apps still don't start updating, and I have to update them one by one.

Problem 6: accessibility button "not working correctly"​

Some apps like Bitwarden (password vault), AlertCops (Police call), Cube ACR (call recording), AppBlock (block apps for productivity) need Accesibility permissions like access to the Accessibility Button.

When you give them permissions, the apps say now everything is correct, and you can now use the apps at full functionality.
But when you close the app and open it again, the apps ask you Accesibility permissions again.
If you go to MIUI's Accessibility adjustments > General > Downloaded Apps, you can see the list of apps that need Accesibility permissions to work.
And all of them have a gray note saying: "It doesn't work. Tap for more information".
When you tap on each of the apps that show this message, you can see "Information about [APP]. This service is not working correctly".

This has been happening since i bought the device, before changing to Xiaomi.eu's ROM.

Problem 7: distorted multimedia audio​

When listening music in Spotify, sometimes the music starts to sound distorted.
Tempo and pitch are lowered, and it sounds scary, because it's like if the music or the phone were dying.
When you pause the song or play other songs, it's still affected.
You have to close Spotify app and open it again if you want to make music sounds again as it should.

And if I am not mistaken, Spotify doesn't remember when I stopped playing the song in the reproduction bar, and shows a non-current timestamp, maybe 1 minute before (maybe the time between Spotify started sounding weird and I closed it?)

This happens when using data, not wifi.
But it happens even if quality is low.
It also happens independently of "Normalize audio" option is activated or not.

I don't know if this happens while playing media in other apps.

Problem 8: some notifications not working on time​

Some apps give notifications on time, but others do not.

My suspicion lies on the permissions again, and I have done the following for all my important apps:
- Autostart: activated.
- Permisions: activate "Show in lock screen", "Show pop windows while working on background", "Permanent notification"
- Restrict data use: activated for "Wi-Fi" and "Data".
- Battery saving: select "No restrictions".
- Notifications: set as I desire them to appear.

Is there more I can do?

This happens on random, but I suspect it is your typical MIUI behavior, and not exclusive to Xiaomi.eu ROM.

Problem 9: complicated storage permissions​

When I try to move data in my SD card, or when I try that some app has access to a certain folder, MIUI's File Manager says "This folder cannot be used. To protect your privacity, choose another folder. CREATE FOLDER".

It seems that all the folders that were created prior this MIUI update are now locked for my POCO, so I have to create new ones.
But I don't really want to create new folders. The folders that are now locked are the ones I need.

How can I unlock them?
I know I have to fix some permissions, but I have searched in MIUI Settings and MIUI File Manager, and I am not finding them.

I believe this happened after some MIUI official update, maybe MIUI 12 or MIUI 13.

Please, let me know if I do something wrong, you need more info about something, you have some technical support for me, etc.
I will do what you say and update with the fixes I made so it can help other people.

Sorry, I have to sleep a bit, I'm feeling a bit unwell. But when I wake up, I will add more info.
EDIT: Okay, info added!

Thank you so much for reading.
Have a nice day!
⭐

Last edited:
@Igor Eisberg

1. Chinese text when setting permissions.
Code:
精准定位

2. Strange behavior of the Screen Recording feature:
I can't stop recording because there is no control interface, including a notification in the notification shade, only rebooting the device helps.

Mi 10t (Apollo), weekly 22.6.9

Attachments

• 1654869158576.jpg
    1654869158576.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 158
  • 1654869895677.jpg
    1654869895677.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 150
@Igor Eisberg

1. Chinese text when setting permissions.
Code:
精准定位

2. Strange behavior of the Screen Recording feature:
I can't stop recording because there is no control interface, including a notification in the notification shade, only rebooting the device helps.

Mi 10t (Apollo), weekly 22.6.9
1. Known. Xiaomi hardcoded the text in the layout XML. We'll see if they replace it with an official string resource next week.
2. No idea how you managed to hide the control interface overlay, I see it normally.

Reactions: nik.shersh
@Igor Eisberg

When the system language is Hebrew on the Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra phone, there is a glitch that it's not possible to transfer apps I downloaded on the home screen to to a specific place on a page on the home screen that I want to transfer the apps I downloaded). Once I try to move an app on the home screen to another location, the app doesn't move or move to a completely different place (a completely different "page"or to a place I didn't want to move it).

Thanks in advance!
@Igor Eisberg This was resolved in the last update (22.6.29).:)

Hello. Just wanna ask about the issue with facebook messenger chat bubble not displaying/working properly on my poco x3 nfc running on MIUI 12.5 v12.5.8.0.RJGMIXM (stable). This has been my problem for months now. Is there any workaround for this? I hope someone can help or shed a light on this. Thanks

Last edited:
Bug with interception of Mi home notifications.
Apps can't handle notifications from Mi home.
It works only on China Stable and Pixel Experience.
I can't test it on china dev, but on xiaomi.eu stable and weekly I can't receive notifications from Mi home on my watch from Zepp.
Also tested with other watches, bands and apps. Notifications for zepp, Mi fit, Mi fitness (with Xiaomi S1 Watch).. and many others.
Also tested different versions of zepp and mi home with no success. The bug is in the ROM
Only Mi home notifications don't work.
Every other apps are sending notifications correctly.

@Igor Eisberg

In weather widgets, there is no separator before the AQI.
On the global firmware, " | " is used as the separator.
Could you add this separator or any other one, at your discretion?

Weather_widgets.jpg

UPD: Fixed in string resources.

Last edited:
Hi and tnx for all the Work you guys are doing.
To my Bug:
Mi 11 pro weekly Rom 22.8.3 Clean Install with all Data wipe...
When using Reddit App the Videos wont Play but in Browser ist works fine...
Tried uninstall, clear App Cache, setting Static IP...
Anyone having the Same Problem?

Last edited:
Can you fix the unsecure accessibility restrictions prompt? I enable it it and it turn off again and again. I had set removed permission off and battery to unrestricted still the same.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-16-00-13-44-270_com.truedevelopersstudio.automatictap.autoclicker.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-16-00-13-44-270_com.truedevelopersstudio.automatictap.autoclicker.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 103