Is it okay to upgrade to MIUI 13 without wiping the data? [Poco F3]

Kuromiu

Members
Dec 22, 2021
I want to upgrade to MIUI 13 from the last MIUI 12, but it's a hassle for me to wipe the data then redownload all the apps that I had on my phone (specially with the slow internet). Is it ok for me to directly install MIUI 13 without wiping the data using TWRP? Or are there methods to easily restore data after every update?

Yes, it's should go just fine. I've done it with both my Mi 11 and Poco F3 without losing any data.

However, because it's a major version upgrade, creating a backup beforehand is highly recommended in case anything goes wrong. Flashing is never a 100% safe process.

Yes, it's should go just fine. I've done it with both my Mi 11 and Poco F3 without losing any data.

However, because it's a major version upgrade, creating a backup beforehand is highly recommended in case anything goes wrong. Flashing is never a 100% safe process.
Oh, that's cool to know. Thank you. What backup method do you use?

I want to upgrade to MIUI 13 from the last MIUI 12, but it's a hassle for me to wipe the data then redownload all the apps that I had on my phone (specially with the slow internet). Is it ok for me to directly install MIUI 13 without wiping the data using TWRP? Or are there methods to easily restore data after every update?
miui 13 are fastboot roms no twrp needed
look here…