[Magisk Module] Widevine L1 FIX on CUSTOM ROMS MIUI [MI 9T/K20]

pfornaro

Members
May 4, 2018
Hello guys,

After two days of hard working we can finally give to our community a working fix for Widevine L1 certification on Xiaomi.eu roms. All the credits go to Mauronofrio and PIPIG23366. We still don't know if it works on K20 as well, you should test it to confirm (and plese let us know in the comments). Enjoy :highfive:

IMPORTANT: YOU WILL NEED THE LATEST MAGISK CANARY BUILD TO MAKE IT WORKS (Instructions here below)

Download NEW FIX

INSTRUCTIONS:

- Unistall you stable Magisk version through Magisk Unistaller zip

- Flash the new Magisk Canary zip here (I took it from m a g i s k m a n a g e r . c o m site)

- Open the Magisk Manager app and update to the latest versione

- Last and most important step: ensure the canary (debug) channel is set on your magisk settings

You can now finally flash our fix and enjoy again your L1 certificate. :emoji_smiley:

Last edited:
By the fix u mean L3 to L1? How is this possible as a magisk module? All I hear is that there is no solution for this, at the moment.
If it is, can ur work contribute to similar module for the K20 pro?

Cheers.

FINALLY HAPPY NEWS FOR EVERYONE: Ok guys, after some days we finally understood why this fix worked just on few devices. You need to use the latest canary build of Magisk instead of the stable version. To do this just follow these steps:

- Unistall you stable Magisk version through Magisk Unistaller zip

- Flash the new Magisk Canary zip here (I took it from m a g i s k m a n a g e r . c o m site)

- Open the Magisk Manager app and update to the latest versione

- Last and most important step: ensure the canary (debug) channel is set on your magisk settings

You can now finally flash our fix and enjoy again your L1 certificate. :emoji_smiley:

"Last and most important step: ensure the canary (debug) channel is set on your magisk settings " where can i find that option?!

Installed canary build (latest) and still no go :(

Last edited:
Hi, followed the instruction and flash everything under MIUI EU stable 10.4.4 and failed.
Only got L3 now, anything I've done incorrectly?

"Last and most important step: ensure the canary (debug) channel is set on your magisk settings " where can i find that option?!

Installed canary build (latest) and still no go :(
Hi, followed the instruction and flash everything under MIUI EU stable 10.4.4 and failed.
Only got L3 now, anything I've done incorrectly?
Did you guys try to delete data and cache in DRM Info and Netflix?

Did you guys try to delete data and cache in DRM Info and Netflix?

I'm guessing that ppl responding here, are K20 Pro Chinese users, cuz you didn't precised in description, that it doesn't work on k20 pro.
Btw. @pfornaro re ur dev friends plannin' attempt of transfering L1 to Chinese variant of K20 Pro? Cuz xiaomi.eu team tried in latest weekly update, but it doesn't work.

clean installed everything and still no go
f284166cf94ef5a7e5857c4b9160efe4.jpg
d2421b82ea15548a32c22b8571f9d56d.jpg

Enviado do meu Redmi K20 Pro através do Tapatalk

The fix I've found for Netflix on K20 Pro was thanks to older post by ingbrzy here: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/widevine-l1-netflix-15001-error.49716/post-496616

He posted a Netflix patched apk, which surprisingly works, even with L3. Like original creator mentioned "it works with phones which have adequate drm libraries".
This just proofs that there is a way to bring L1 to K20 Pro, unfortunately for now it's still L3 (9.9.3).

Apk is a bit old, and layout of Netflix is fc*d up, but FHD works like charm (tested on netflix's pattern video).

Thanks @ingbrzy for this post :)

Attachments

• IMG_20190904_214020.jpg
    IMG_20190904_214020.jpg
    517 KB · Views: 2,244
You don't need it if you keep the global stock rom with unlocked bootloader. You need this fix just if you flash custom miui roms
Ok thanks. I've installed the xiaomi.eu version (10.3.16.0)

Inviato dal mio Redmi K20 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

Yes, sorry guys. I forgot to say the fix is only for MI 9T (and maybe K20 but we didn't test so please let us know).

I think we can fix even on the MI 9T PRO/K20 PRO but we need some times. Please be patient and stay tuned.

Reactions: ferreinf