[MI2/MI2S][KERNEL] MiCore 010 for MIUI | Linaro | UV | OC

Redmaner is from the Netherlands, Rechtsanwalt is German!
You should call him "advocaat" (as far as my very limited vocabulary is correct).

Sent with my Xiaomi MI2 with Tapatalk Pro

A true nord! (if anyone here played Skyrim lol)
Sorry for the ot XD

Reactions: vidar
Hello;

Thank you for this amazing kernel for our lovely m2*!

Do you think it's possible to add this governor : Ktoonservativeq. This governor is developped by ktoonsez, I dont know if you need to ask his aprouval.

Here his samsung galaxy s4's smartphone thread on xda: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2297379
he just developed a custom governor, there is no need to add other ones

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 4

he just developed a custom governor, there is no need to add other ones

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 4

There is no perfect governor. Though, there is the best governor that suits your utilization and what you want from your phone. I prefer governor derivated from conservative, and ktoonservativeq is mostly the favorite governor on s4 for battery saving).

That's why including a bunch of good governor is not retarded.

In my opinion, it is a good idea, as it makes at least more people happy as they can use their favorite gov.

New kernel is out, 010. This release is a cleanup release:
- Updated to linux 3.4.82
- Compiled with latest Linaro toolchain
- Updated generic cpureq driver
- Updated ondemand governor to latest google sources
- Updated intellidemand to 5.0
- Updated interactiveS
- Removed SIO scheduler (use ROW or FIOPS instead)
- Removed intelli-thermal
- Stability fixes for oc version
- Removed some old code and hacks
- Simplified battery profiles

At first the idea was to introduce my own governor (which was in development for weeks).
There is still a lot work to do with this governor, but I currently have limited time.
So I decided to release it without it for now.

Thanks to @Acid, @Wajk, @leipi, @manohar and @oile for testing

Last edited:
One very important message
MiCore 010 could be the last MiCore release for MIUIv5
MIUIv6 is around the corner and will be released within a few weeks/months.

I highly doubt that Xiaomi is going to release sources for their new kernel.
Which means there will be no MiCore kernel for MIUIv6.
They didn't update current jellybean sources and there are no kernel sources released for MiOne, RedMi, Picses and Cancro.

These are all speculations, but just to be prepared.
IF MIUIv6 will be released soon, I will be busy with translations first anyway.

Last edited:
I've downloaded it and will test it, I wonder how the mobile signal will behave with the battery drain. Thanks for the good work \o/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I´ve installed WiUI with Aroma and MiCore 009 Plus ... There was mentioned the PLUS-Version would fit WiUI without further modifications ... Can I flash 010 over that with the same benefit of no further mods to have perfect ROM-Kernel combo ?

I´ve installed WiUI with Aroma and MiCore 009 Plus ... There was mentioned the PLUS-Version would fit WiUI without further modifications ... Can I flash 010 over that with the same benefit of no further mods to have perfect ROM-Kernel combo ?
Yes you can

OK thanks Mr. Oliver Queen ;) ..I´m gonna report back tomorrow if poor battery life from 009 has increased

I couldn't find info on this new Phantom governor. Could someone explain or point me the link?
thank you.

I can change the governor as usual via trickstermod, and now it seems to stick at the frequency as set *yay*. But when I change the scheduler and the read-ahead buffer size, it steps back all the time (to cfq and 128)

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk

29190 points in antutu. With stock, my max was 28000. A bit more performance for 200mhz more. That's great

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

I can change the governor as usual via trickstermod, and now it seems to stick at the frequency as set *yay*. But when I change the scheduler and the read-ahead buffer size, it steps back all the time (to cfq and 128)

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk
Sounds you don't run MiCore at all.
Frequencies are still dynamic, and CFQ and 128kb buffer sizes aren't used.
We use 2048 and FIOPS