[MI2/MI2S][KERNEL] MiCore 010 for MIUI | Linaro | UV | OC

Hmmm, do you have changed your energy mode in settings?
I recommend the normal mode, and no power saving in new security app
Im not sure, everything is on default, as clear cwm data before patching.. idk whats the cause, it just happen after 1 day. weird. lol
oh well, im on 4.1.3 now, ill see if theres problem :)

ps : 4.1.3 doesnt feel as smooth as 3.12.13. hmm

Do this kernels support the 1.7ghz speed without any. modification?
mine is mi2s, which have snapdragon 600 SOC. 1.7ghz is by default.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use WiUi as well and I do not have a GPU problem (as far as I know).
Then I have no idea what's going on, must be a rogue app. Hopefully I can track it down, but I'm not sure how to search for it, none of my apps are causing wakelocks and my phone drains very slowly when the screen is off and enters deep sleep 95+% of the time.

Swyped from my Mi2S

I suggest to use only basic and needed features for MI-2 kernel. The kernel should be minimalistic, fast, with good battery and 3G.
I would rather not have unnecessary battery drain features, or kernel with tons of governors or tweaks.
Im not sure if tap to wake is battery friendly mod.

I suggest to use only basic and needed features for MI-2 kernel. The kernel should be minimalistic, fast, with good battery and 3G.
I would rather not have unnecessary battery drain features, or kernel with tons of governors or tweaks.
I agree

released with an additional package isn't much work if redmaner don't mind :p

I am very busy at the moment, but I will share my vision about this kernel with you all.
I am in search for an OOTB kernel. Also known as Out-Of-The-Box.

So this kernel requires tuning and tweaking so that you don't need your own init.d scripts or a tuning application.
Currently I have an idea to create a replacement service for init.d and applications like trickstermod.
This service will tweak the kernel on screen states. So for example screen is off = tune for battery / screen on tune for performance.
This service is still an idea though and requires some time to develop. Besides that it's a choice so init.d will always be available for those who can't go without it.

I can't give any ETA for a next release or which feature will be added or which not.
As I said before I have three busy weeks in front of me, after that I will focus more on this kernel.

I am very busy at the moment, but I will share my vision about this kernel with you all.
I am in search for an OOTB kernel. Also known as Out-Of-The-Box.

So this kernel requires tuning and tweaking so that you don't need your own init.d scripts or a tuning application.
Currently I have an idea to create a replacement service for init.d and applications like trickstermod.
This service will tweak the kernel on screen states. So for example screen is off = tune for battery / screen on tune for performance.
This service is still an idea though and requires some time to develop. Besides that it's a choice so init.d will always be available for those who can't go without it.

I can't give any ETA for a next release or which feature will be added or which not.
As I said before I have three busy weeks in front of me, after that I will focus more on this kernel.
no problem here until the kernel work good

My battery usage. WIUI3.12.13 + Wajk-patch + MiCore and with some apps such as Xiaomi services frozened by TB.
This core is very good for batterylife.
Screenshot_2014-01-09-15-41-13.png

antutu benchmark:
defaul kernel - 28500
MiCore007m - 17200

You're doing something wrong, wiui 3.12.13 with MiCore007m kernel on normal mode

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389275631883.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389275631883.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 312
My battery usage. WIUI3.12.13 + Wajk-patch + MiCore and with some apps such as Xiaomi services frozened by TB.
This core is very good for batterylife.View attachment 7044
Screen on time? 60 minutes? Doesnt seem impressive to me at all.

With just stock JB4.1 I get 2days, wifi&mobile on, 5hours of screen on time...

When I use MiCore 007m, I get a lag when using intelliplug, when I put on eco-mode the lag is just the same, but without intelliplug eco-mode wont work (trickstermod). So the only thing I'm using this kernel for is downclock the GPU.

Next thing I will definitly try is undervolting!! Can't wait :D

With my use my phone won't go on a higher CPU freq. than 918 mhz so no need to downclock that.

@redmaner
First thanks for the kernel. After almost 3 weeks using your kernel here's some issues:

1)Playing FLAC music, specially long tracks with more than 9 or 10min sometimes you hear an crack or silence.

2)With videos in MXplayer sometimes after switch back into the program, it freezes or sometimes stops.

3)The device it's getting hot and hot, when I was using Skype to make video conference, it was difficult to hold(with or without
3G on) and playing videos regardless of resolution(HDTV, 720p, 1080p) after 20 minutes you feel the difference.

The bright side it's the battery is really better in normal use without changing the power mode, I get 30% at least more power.

Hope you can continue to improove this kernel.

Reactions: redmaner
This weekend I'll do a small update for the kernel:
- intellidemand performance lock will be increased to 486mhz as an attempt to fix audio playback issues during screen off state
- intelli_thermal: which is basically a temprature module, coded by faux123. The we have all intelli features ported over to this kernel.
- Westwood+ TCP congestion protocol: which is good for both battery and performance
- default GPU governor will be ondemand / or a tuned version of simple to improve batterylife.

Major updates will come later.

This weekend I'll do a small update for the kernel:
- intellidemand performance lock will be increased to 486mhz as an attempt to fix audio playback issues during screen off state
- intelli_thermal: which is basically a temprature module, coded by faux123. The we have all intelli features ported over to this kernel.
- Westwood+ TCP congestion protocol: which is good for both battery and performance
- default GPU governor will be ondemand / or a tuned version of simple to improve batterylife.

Major updates will come later.

Let us know when ready:)

Reactions: redmaner