[MI2/MI2S][KERNEL] MiCore 010 for MIUI | Linaro | UV | OC

Sounds you don't run MiCore at all.
Frequencies are still dynamic, and CFQ and 128kb buffer sizes aren't used.
We use 2048 and FIOPS

But I came from stock kernel, and after flashing MiCore I have all the frequencies including the OC.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk

jy3u4ejy.jpg

I flashed it over latest Wiui with cashe and dalvik wipe

Thank you for this update redmaner!
Having zero problems!
Kernel seems to be a little more responsive (could be placebo effect). Battery life is the same.
Using it with wiui and underclock settings.
Can't wait to see your new Governor in work :-D

Sent with my Xiaomi MI2 with Tapatalk Pro

I know you said you will not for one or in the kernel double tap the unlock.
But maybe it can be Add add as a bonus?

Porting this kernel to cm11 would be great!

Inviato dal mio GT-P3110 utilizzando Tapatalk

Porting this kernel to cm11 would be great!

Inviato dal mio GT-P3110 utilizzando Tapatalk
I don't think that's possible. This kernel isn't compatible with Android 4.4. Hell, I don't even think you can port it to a clean 4.1 rom.

It'e compatible with xiaomi's 4.1aosp too. Ofc kitkat is another story…

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

Thank you, what governor/settings would you recommend if you do no want smoothest performance in use, and battery savings whenever possible?
Would you recommend using different governors for different cores?
I can't seem to be able to disable cores on my mi2s using kernal tuner, is there a way to do that?
Thanks.

EDIT: I have run into a problem.
I was trying to get the lowest possible underclock, so I used kernal tuner to lower the voltage for a specific frequency setting, lock the min/max frequency to that setting, and run a CF bench to test for stability.
I had found the lowest voltage values for up to 1130mhz and saved that into my profile.
I was turning the voltage down for the next frequency step up when my phone shut down.
Since rebooting I tried again, and it shutdown again. Apply on startup is NOT enabled.
However, now when I try to boot it goes to the mi logo with the snapdragon logo on the bottom the stops there.
I have tried both system 1 and system 2, and it's not booting. I'm running stock MIUI 4.2.28.
Again, apply on startup is NOT enabled, so I can't think of what could have happened here.
I have used CWM restore to restore, so nothing broken, but what could have happened here?
Thanks again.

Last edited:
Hi,
I experienced an issue with 010 with battery saving profile: com.android.email process got stuck several times and it was using up to 34% CPU. I had to kill it manually repeatedly. I reverted back to 009 and everything is back to normal. Obviously I got serious battery drain.

Sorry everyone I have very limited time to give proper support.

@SanguineDrone
Use trickstermod to enable eco mode on specific tab.
That enables 2 cores instead of 4.

For governor I recommend ondemand or intellidemand.

@famusc
Shutdowns / reboots are caused due too low voltages.
It can only reboot if the settings stay applied during boot e.g. with init.d or a startup feature from an app.
If that's not the case I can't explain it

@kokbulik
StabilityTest apps are overloading CPU power to see how a device performs.
If you run 9 hours straight your hearth will be pumping high too.

Anyway 99° is very high indeed

@redmaner

Hello,
is there any way to let the OC Version of your Kernel behave like this (or could you implement this inside your profiles?):
All settings are for MI2 don't know about Mi2s

Power save Mode: CPU Locked to 1.2Ghz max
Normal Mode: CPU Locked to 1.5Ghz max
Performance Mode: CPU Locked to 1.7Ghz

I'm using the profiles very often, but i have to change the max frequency all the time and sometimes it doesn't seem to be saved at all as i see my device jump so 1.7Ghz even i told it to stay at 1.2Ghz. :(

@famusc
Shutdowns / reboots are caused due too low voltages.
It can only reboot if the settings stay applied during boot e.g. with init.d or a startup feature from an app.
If that's not the case I can't explain it

Sorry @redmaner but i think yuou wanted to answer another user... I had different kind of problem

I got a batterry drain on stock 10 version using wiui 4.2.28 while the screen is on. What can it be? And it also lag's.
Im using minimum set to 384 max 1.7 ondeman and row.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-04-15-18-05.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-04-15-18-05.png
    91.9 KB · Views: 341
Which free app should I use to save UV profile and how low can I go? I went down 2 steps for each speed and it works fine.
Can I go any lower?

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Which free app should I use to save UV profile and how low can I go? I went down 2 steps for each speed and it works fine.
Can I go any lower?

Trickstermod will do the job for you.
Possible to set on every boot.

Voltages are very device specific.
Every device has another chip.
The qualcomm S600 chip in Mi2S has 6 variants.

So you have to play with these settings.
Too low voltages will result in shutdowns/reboots or freezing behaviour.
So be careful

Reactions: Lepi
Thank you for your quick answer.Trickstermod won't save my profile. Any other suggestions?

Thank you for your quick answer.Trickstermod won't save my profile. Any other suggestions?

Trickstermod works fine here.
I have various profiles saved but maybe because I use the donate version.

I don't know any other apps.
Just some searching in the playstore I guess

Reactions: Lepi
Trickstermod works fine here.
I have various profiles saved but maybe because I use the donate version.

I don't know any other apps.
Just some searching in the playstore I guess

I have the donate versión too so could u tell me which is the lowest voltage limit YOUR device affords until having a freezing/reboot behaviour but getting better battery life?

It has been discussed a thousand times that eco mode doesnt save battery, because the "work" has to be done by two cores instead of four (A lot of RD in xda say that... I dont really know) and imo nobody knows his kernel better than the developer.

Thank u very much for this kernel sir, I really appreciate it since for any reason, kernel development is not the strongest point of mi2/s

Enviado desde mi MI 2S mediante Tapatalk