[MI2/MI2S][KERNEL] MiCore 010 for MIUI | Linaro | UV | OC

Could you please give me more info about them?
Also why this phone isnt clocked to 1.9ghz like S4 for example?

You mean more info about voltages? Well just try to play with it.
Start with 100mv undervolting.
Some chips handle even lower voltages.
As long as your phone keeps running and isn't freezing then the voltages are ok.

Default Mi2S is clocked to 1.7ghz. You can overclock to 1.9ghz with the OC version.

I am going to ask a very stupid and you may hit me if you find it to stupid:
This kernel won't work on the new Wiui ROM's right? They use KK instead of JB.

I am going to ask a very stupid and you may hit me if you find it to stupid:
This kernel won't work on the new Wiui ROM's right? They use KK instead of JB.
No doesn't work and is not recommended for Kitkat roms

can you pls post antutu benchmark comparisons 1.5/1.7ghz vs 1.9?
because my mi2 is screened:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=52979781
I tested it for you, I get an increase of 2000 points. Mostly multitasking and CPU.
Stock kernel had 22000 OC has 24000
ujuny5u8.jpg

This is 24.000

a8a4u4av.jpg

This is 22.000

Hope you can do something with it.
My OC in this kernel is based on Nexus 4 kernel from faux.
Same adaption, don't know if that's important.

My phone was build 2013.03 as stated on the box.
Don't know if that's helpful either.

Reactions: MSephiroth
@redmaner thx. do you mean stock kernel or your kernel without OC. Since u added a lot patches stock kernel is not comparable.

Also a test from a mi2s would be great.

@redmaner thx. do you mean stock kernel or your kernel without OC. Since u added a lot patches stock kernel is not comparable.

Also a test from a mi2s would be great.
Oh yeah you're right lol. I'll do a test without OC as well

Edit:
Without OC 010m version also 22.000
esyzu3y9.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone ever got over 8000 score at GPU 3D,I never reached it but its still shown as avarage for this device in Antutu app.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

I managed to get around 30 000 with a 1,9gHz over clock, I have to find the screenshot.

Edit : here are the screenshot :

de3ezahu.jpg

e6ejyva3.jpg

Envoyé de mon MI 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

Thx. Can u try it with cm11 maybe miui is cheating or its possible to disable screening from kernel

Reactions: Riichard63
Okay @M1cha I run a benchmark right now, I'll post screenshots.

Edit : screenshot from CM11 it seems that the problem is coming from graphic side, it's large with first 2D test and if I remember 3D is faster with miui (around 8000)

u9e9utap.jpg

vudugupu.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: M1cha
Ok, for comparison we need a test with OC'ed CM11 now.
I think it's easy for you to temporary change the frequency in the kernel?

Reactions: Riichard63
@M1cha I would like to try but I'm stuck at 1.7GHz (mi2s default frequency wich is the max with your kernel), and I'm not a programmer...Sadly.

Hello .

Getting more than 8k on 2s for the 3D.

Can anyone explain me why min freq is boucing to 918 ? And what does lock frequency exactly do internally ? Thanks

Envoyé de mon MI 2S en utilisant Tapatalk

Ok, for comparison we need a test with OC'ed CM11 now.
I think it's easy for you to temporary change the frequency in the kernel?

If it gives 8000 on 3D test that means GPU is clocked at 450 MHZ not 400 but I could be wrong,its still worth checking it out.

EDIT:
I just tested,Antutu test gives whole 5 FPS more on avarage but KK roms dont...

Last edited:
Stop using craptutu it won't reflect actual performance of your daily use.

You can get a kernel compiled with optimized flags that will have less score

Envoyé de mon MI 2S en utilisant Tapatalk

Wow! Thank you redmaner! Now I decrease CPU max to 1.35 GHz... (I know, it seems strange to be happy to decrease the performance...)
For other users I'm with Official miui 4.9.12 and everything works fine. Real Racing 3 run like wind. :)
I hope to save some battery consumption...
Thank you again!

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi all! Anybody try this kernel with leatest miui 8? I have the v6.9.8 with 3.4.0 stock kernel. In your opinion, flash this kernel with TWRP will cause bootloop?
The Snap 600 makes a lot of heat while playing games, and the battery didn't like it... Kernel auditor and friends can't resolve this problem.. so if there's a lower risk, I wish to flash this kernel (the leatest developed for mi2s) and overvolt a bit the cpu..

Hi all! Anybody try this kernel with leatest miui 8? [...] In your opinion, flash this kernel with TWRP will cause bootloop?
The Snap 600 [...]

As you can note in the first post :
[...] This kernel is especially for MIUI (Android Jellybean 4.1.1) works on official AOSP too. [...]
So most likely you will end in a bootlop when you try it with a newer Android version than this.

Beyond that are we talking about the same phone?
As far as i know the Mi2/Mi2s doesn't contain a Snapdragon 600 but a Qualcomm APQ8064 Snapdragon S4 Pro.
If your phone (Mi2/Mi2s) running to hot with MIUI i recommend switching to bugers CM12.1 which in my opinion is way better than MIUI in aspects of power and energy saving.

I hope this could help you a little bit ;)

My mi2s and other same phones uses the MSM8960 (Snap 600)... I don't wanna try again burgers because I had problems with Bluetooth Audio, time ago..