Mi4 Lte Ramdom Reboots [with Logs]

I guess there could be extra band frequencies enabled for china's version among other things as it's also meant for LTE-CT version too, while global supposedly isn't. Also these versions are the very last before MM came along. I do know they were preparing for MM by merging partitions with those versions.

Where do you check kernel version in the rom package? I would like to check if xiaomi.eu 7.1.3.0 is based on the same china rom as 7.1.5.0.

In system info tap on kernel version a few times and it should take you to a test menu, in the test menu select the first option.

another good confirmation for 7.1.2. I discussed today to a work mate with affected device (Mi4 3/16 overseas) under all marshmallow. I installed him 7.1.2 global (full miflash, all stock) before going on vacation beginning of july, almost 4 weeks ago. He confirmed that he did not have a single reboot while he was close to throw his device before.

7.1.2 was the first one that merged partitions?

Anyway, I have re-flashed the IVAN rom following his tutorial to create the system partition and set the recovery image he created and for first time seems really stable. I did this 2 days ago, short time by now, but no ramdon reboots on the last 2 days, before I had 1 per day.

Could you provide a link for this guide and the rom itself? Thanks.

From my research 7.1.2.0 global OTA update merged partitons in preparation for MM which came after with 7.2. This is what I saw in old forums where people where asking what's changed with that update.

But fastboot 7.1.2.0 global rom doesn't merge partitions or at least there is no command for it in the flash_all.bat.

@jc rey Can your friend install diskinfo app and check if he has two 600mb system partitions or only one 1.2gb?

Also xiaomi.eu 7.1.5.0 KK is already too big for old system partition.
I still wonder if reboots have anything to do with partitions. Partitioning could be a tricky thing.

Anyway, I have re-flashed the IVAN rom following his tutorial to create the system partition and set the recovery image he created and for first time seems really stable. I did this 2 days ago, short time by now, but no ramdon reboots on the last 2 days, before I had 1 per day.

I had one reboot every night while my phone charging, and now, with 7.5.3 eu I only had one reboot since 22/23 july after a very intensive use (more than 2h calling and almost 4h screen on in a morning)

Enviado desde mi MI 4LTE mediante Tapatalk

From my research 7.1.2.0 global OTA update merged partitons in preparation for MM which came after with 7.2. This is what I saw in old forums where people where asking what's changed with that update.

But fastboot 7.1.2.0 global rom doesn't merge partitions or at least there is no command for it in the flash_all.bat.

@jc rey Can your friend install diskinfo app and check if he has two 600mb system partitions or only one 1.2gb?

I still wonder if reboots have anything to do with partitions. Partitioning could be a tricky thing.

You can check system partition with adb.

adb shell
df

Could you provide a link for this guide and the rom itself? Thanks.
Here is the full tutorial I follow.

Full tutorial:

http://xiaomininja.com/2016/01/20/i...m-full-installation-guide-and-download-links/

Partition tutorial:

http://en.miui.com/thread-209941-1-1.html

On the partition tutorial I replaced in the "cancro_lte_ct_merge_partition.zip" the recovery file with the latest one ofered by IVAN, also available in this page, before flash it.

I hope its works!

Reactions: jc rey and giobooo
Here is the full tutorial I follow.

Full tutorial:

http://xiaomininja.com/2016/01/20/i...m-full-installation-guide-and-download-links/

Partition tutorial:

http://en.miui.com/thread-209941-1-1.html

On the partition tutorial I replaced in the "cancro_lte_ct_merge_partition.zip" the recovery file with the latest one ofered by IVAN, also available in this page, before flash it.

I hope its works!

I guess you have a Mi4 lte ct since you flashed that version... So your partition is now 1,5 Gb not 1,2 like current miui?

Did anybody explain why you have to install, back up, then restore?

Ivan did the partition merge because it was avilable very early when most probably hadn't installed the official updates with the new partition sizes.

CM 13 was stable for me, had only one reboot in four days.

Why did you change to Ivan's and what is the camera quality like?

CM 13 was stable for me, had only one reboot in four days.

Why did you change to Ivan's and what is the camera quality like?
I had SOD bug quite frequently with CM13 snapshot and IR need permisive kernel mode in order to work.

On Ivan rom, camera quality I think is very good.

I had SOD bug quite frequently with CM13 snapshot and IR need permisive kernel mode in order to work.

On Ivan rom, camera quality I think is very good.

You didn't use Cm13 nightly builds?

Snapshot is 4 months old, alot has been fixed since then.

No, never tried, is all this fixed?

Yes but reboot bug is there also unfortunately.

The CM dev that works on the Mi4 said that the LTE version isn't supported, even though it works, and that he will not fix the bugs.

It would be great if he looked into the reboot issue, I'm sure he would know what's causing it after reading a logcat and fix it quick.

On the 7.1.2 I flashed, so including work mates, there are 2 partitions, this is well old partitions and sizes of 640mb.

I thought so. Fastboot 7.1.2.0 global rom leaves the old partition system by default, while if you had let's say 7.1.1.o and updated via OTA to 7.1.2.0 then you would have gotten merged partitions in preparation for MM.

But with fastboot 7.1.2.0 if you manually added flash partiton gpt_both0.bin parameter in .bat, the result would be merged partition, so this means gpt included in rom package is set this way. While if you added the same with 7.1.1.0, the result would still be old dual partitions. I have tried this with both.

So if we assume it's got something to do with partitions, merging them this way could result in reboots, hence why your friend isn't affected and I am.

I've already manually stripped down 7.1.5.0 version to bare minimum so it will fit on old partition system and I'll test it. Gf is going a bit crazy but we need to at least rule this out. :D

another good confirmation for 7.1.2. I discussed today to a work mate with affected device (Mi4 3/16 overseas) under all marshmallow. I installed him 7.1.2 global (full miflash, all stock) before going on vacation beginning of july, almost 4 weeks ago. He confirmed that he did not have a single reboot while he was close to throw his device before.
Any link/tuto to do this for dummies? (Downgrade to 7.1.2)

Any link/tuto to do this for dummies? (Downgrade to 7.1.2)

All you need is to search for replacement scripts to change the fastboot original delivered flash scripts. . They are available on en. MIUI. Com, you need to use the new flash_all with miflash.
If somebody have the link...

My log about random reboot. I can't post it to eu.miui.com (can't upload it...)
Android: 6.0.1 (I think most xiaomi run android 6.0.1 have same random reboot problem)
Miui: 7.5.3.

Attachments

• bugreport-0801-172632.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 171
Reactions: Gingernut