Mi4 Lte Ramdom Reboots [with Logs]

A wo
Hi,
I've been using global stable ROM 8.0.3.0 for over a week now, not tweaks or changes.
Had no reboots for over a week, but had one last night :(
The strange thing is that for most of the week, when I looked at the battery use graph, it showed that the phone is "Awake" constantly, just like it was when I used "wake lock" app before installing miui8.
A work mate of mine got 2 reboots per day with this rom, even with the tweaks. So I installed him zeurion kernel and he had no reboot since a week.

A wo

A work mate of mine got 2 reboots per day with this rom, even with the tweaks. So I installed him zeurion kernel and he had no reboot since a week.
Can you post links of this zeurion kernel and tips how to install. What is benefit of it and can xiaomi.eu Roms be installed without problems when it is installed.

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

@jc rey thanks, is updating to new weekly ROM safe with this Zeurion kernel? any other special preparation? backup of the stock kernel need the phone to be rooted and have flashify app to do the job? can we revert back to stock only with wipe all from twrp and sideload xiaomi.eu ROM?

@jc rey thanks, is updating to new weekly ROM safe with this Zeurion kernel? any other special preparation? backup of the stock kernel need the phone to be rooted and have flashify app to do the job? can we revert back to stock only with wipe all from twrp and sideload xiaomi.eu ROM?
Yes, when you ll update you will replace it. Each new rom install you ll have to root again and install zeurion. I also use flashify for that. To come back to stock, use the saved one from flashify or just reinstall the rom.

Reactions: mnikolce
Yes, when you ll update you will replace it. Each new rom install you ll have to root again and install zeurion. I also use flashify for that. To come back to stock, use the saved one from flashify or just reinstall the rom.
you need root for kernel adiutor to disable double tap to wake ...

Thanks bro, I have downloaded it, going to try in a convenient time

MI 4LTE cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

you have installed the 8.1.3? what steps did you use that update via the app and then wipe cache and Dalvik?

Guys, some days ago I received 8.1.3 global OTA update and installed it with no cache reset or anything else. Don't want to be overexcited but it is running 118 hrs with no reboots so far (used to have them 1-2 per day)

using MIUI 8.1.3.0 xiaomi.eu with mpdecision removed and thermal tweak, no reboots for 4 days. Clean flash (format: cache, dalvik, system, data, and internal storage). Before use this roms, i used xiaomi.eu 7.1.5.0 with no reboots issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-12-09-12-43-02-412_com.cpuid.cpu_z.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-09-12-43-02-412_com.cpuid.cpu_z.png
    155.9 KB · Views: 341
Yes, what is it cne=>0?
see in build.prop cne persist feature, he disabled it. In my case, it does not prevent reboot at all.
Only a clean miflash of the official rom + tweaks can avoid the reboots in my case. I suspect also twrp flashes can corrupt things.

see in build.prop cne persist feature, he disabled it. In my case, it does not prevent reboot at all.
Only a clean miflash of the official rom + tweaks can avoid the reboots in my case. I suspect also twrp flashes can corrupt things.
From where that info about cne? What is it do?

.EU un my case

Enviado desde mi MI 4LTE mediante Tapatalk
seems to me miflash flash all of all global roms are really fine. What I noticed is that I get reboots when installing via TWRP ...
I did experiment 6.12.8 via TWRP reboots while 6.12.8 via miflash flash all gives no reboot for more than a week.
All of this have the workarounds mpdecision removed.

Reactions: jesuslg123
seems to me miflash flash all of all global roms are really fine. What I noticed is that I get reboots when installing via TWRP ...
I did experiment 6.12.8 via TWRP reboots while 6.12.8 via miflash flash all gives no reboot for more than a week.
All of this have the workarounds mpdecision removed.
So as you said Global Roms don't have mpdecision? And they should be flashed with Miflash / fastboot rom? What about Xiaomi.eu weekly why they don't remove mpdecision and change thermal conf file?

So as you said Global Roms don't have mpdecision? And they should be flashed with Miflash / fastboot rom? What about Xiaomi.eu weekly why they don't remove mpdecision and change thermal conf file?

No Global roms do have mpdecision and thermal conf that I modify to avoid reboots and cpu bug.
China roms are the same as global for that, so xiaomi.eu does.

The point is that global roms should avoid to be flashed with TWRP as far as I see.

As for random reboots: had them after I upgraded my Mi4 LTE from KitKat to Marshmallow (merged partitions by installing MIUI 5.12.17 2x via Updater app) than dirty flashed 6.1.28/29/2.4. Random reboots started, phone was acting slowish. I then flashed TWRP and wiped dalvik cache, system, data and cache and proceeded to install weekly 6.12.15.

2 days using it and no reboots. I’m liking the ROM so far.