Mi4 Lte Ramdom Reboots [with Logs]

great, keep us posted on your device stability (although you were not much affected I noticed ).
Now you have 4 cores for real, avoiding overclocking on only 2 cores.
Exactly.. My Mi4 has no random reboots.. I removed mpdecision only for battery drain.. I hope this not causes some issues..

< Mi4 LTE 3/16 gb >

Exactly.. My Mi4 has no random reboots.. I removed mpdecision only for battery drain.. I hope this not causes some issues..

< Mi4 LTE 3/16 gb >
I run without since two months as no brainer. To me it avoids two cores from being overclocked. Also mi5 does not have yet mpdecision....

Reactions: mycro7
Hi everyone,

I have a big problem with my Mi4 3gb 16gb. My Mi4 sometimes turn off, even with battery (80% , 50%,... doesnt matter). It only turn on again if i connect it to power adapter.
I have installed the stable rom 8.0.2.0, removed mpdecision and changed the thermal, like discussed here in the forum. But the problem is the same. I noted when i tried to view videos on youtube or use gps, using this it's sure the Mi4 will turn off.
I did everything and i really dont know what to do.

Someone have experienced this?

Hi everyone,

I have a big problem with my Mi4 3gb 16gb. My Mi4 sometimes turn off, even with battery (80% , 50%,... doesnt matter). It only turn on again if i connect it to power adapter.
I have installed the stable rom 8.0.2.0, removed mpdecision and changed the thermal, like discussed here in the forum. But the problem is the same. I noted when i tried to view videos on youtube or use gps, using this it's sure the Mi4 will turn off.
I did everything and i really dont know what to do.

Someone have experienced this?
this have nothing to do with random reboot currently discussed in this thread.
In your case, I would first redo a miflash full install and then investigate at battery issue.

Hey @jc rey i need twrp AND root in order to remove mpdecision and replace thermal.conf (with 755 permission)from /system/bin OR only Twrp ? Thanks in advance for your solution that seems to be brilliant.

Hey @jc rey i need twrp AND root in order to remove mpdecision and replace thermal.conf (with 755 permission)from /system/bin OR only Twrp ? Thanks in advance for your solution that seems to be brilliant.
only twrp is needed, but you can avoid installing it just booting its image from a pc
fastboot boot "twrp.img"
device boots twrp , then do the tweaks on your device under twrp file manager (mont system)
then reboot to system, you keep mi recovery

only twrp is needed, but you can avoid installing it just booting its image from a pc
fastboot boot "twrp.img"
device boots twrp , then do the tweaks on your device under twrp file manager (mont system)
then reboot to system, you keep mi recovery
Ok i know, but mi recovery sucks and i need twrp to update eu weeckly roms. Now i'm with an old old eu weeckly rom without twrp. BTW thanks again for the help

How come if these two files: thermal conf and mpdecision are solution why they are NOT included in new Xiaomi.eu Roms so we don't have to replace and delete?

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

How come if these two files: thermal conf and mpdecision are solution why they are NOT included in new Xiaomi.eu Roms so we don't have to replace and delete?

I understand xiaomi. Eu mainly Translates, your suggestion is more for mi globe roms.

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: mnikolce

I'm on 6.11.10 and I replaced and deleted these files. So, they're included in xiaomi.eu dev roms

Enviado desde mi MI 4LTE mediante Tapatalk

I'm on 6.11.10 and I replaced and deleted these files. So, they're included in xiaomi.eu dev roms

Yes, you replaced them. They weren't included.

Could people post about stability with:
1 mpdecision +thermal tweak
2 wake lock tweak
3 zeurion kernel change
4 cyanogen 14.1

Ok, now i'm on 6.11.10 xiaomi.eu and i replaced thermal.conf and delete mpdecision. The device seems to be more reactive but i have a problem with weather app that doesn't localize my city(network error). So i replaced the original gps.conf with my country gps file but nothing happens. Maybe this is a bug of this rom. Someone has this problem with 6.11.10 eu rom? Thx

Last edited:
Ok, now i'm on 6.11.10 xiaomi.eu and i replaced thermal.conf and delete mpdecision. The device seems to be more reactive but i have a problem with weather app that doesn't localize my city(network error). So i replaced the original gps.conf with my country gps file but nothing happens. Maybe this is a bug of this rom. Someone has this problem with 6.11.10 eu rom? Thx
seems the service have problems since yesterday, probably not a rom issue.

mm strange...i reinstall my old rom and weather app works well. So i don't think it's a service problem.
App localize my city, but not work correctly (network error) since yesterday. I'm with this rom since 10-12 days ago, so I think this isn't a rom problem

App localize my city, but not work correctly (network error) since yesterday. I'm with this rom since 10-12 days ago, so I think this isn't a rom problem

Ok thx for the info. Can you recommend me to install a good rom? I do not install roms every week usually, so i need a good stable rom with good performance. Thx in advance

All mm rom are affected by reboots, seems 6.11.10 and 6.11.17 are good. A new one will be available tomorrow...

Hi,
I've been using global stable ROM 8.0.3.0 for over a week now, not tweaks or changes.
Had no reboots for over a week, but had one last night :(
The strange thing is that for most of the week, when I looked at the battery use graph, it showed that the phone is "Awake" constantly, just like it was when I used "wake lock" app before installing miui8.