Mi4 Lte Ramdom Reboots [with Logs]

I also have the same problem, which is the rom with better results?

Enviado desde mi MI 4LTE mediante Tapatalk

Why doesn't anyone mention exactly what model they have? Wouldn't some deduction be helpful here :)
For example wasn't there mention of 2gb LTE-CU models having some sort of motherboard issue.. different roms can possibly just escalate things then.

I have Mi4Lte 3gb > samsung battery
Flasht maybe 50 roms and 4 reboots
Most reboots at global dev with mm

Why doesn't anyone mention exactly what model they have? Wouldn't some deduction be helpful here :)
For example wasn't there mention of 2gb LTE-CU models having some sort of motherboard issue.. different roms can possibly just escalate things then.
Nobody had reboots on KitKat (at least nobody was complaining) so i doubt it's motherboard issue... reboots started with marshmallow update so probably software/kernel problem...

Sent from my MI 4LTE using Tapatalk

Reactions: glmusto
Nobody had reboots on KitKat (at least nobody was complaining) so i doubt it's motherboard issue... reboots started with marshmallow update so probably software/kernel problem...

I think you are right. My opinion is the same...

I think you are right. My opinion is the same...

agree, but only with some models of Mi4 that I noticed have a samsung battery.
means some models with new rom MM have some components out of spec.

I wonder has anyone tried keeping the phone in "aeroplane mode" for a while and reboots still happen? Also what about charging, does everyone use quick chargers?

mi4w (no lte) 3/16gb, same issue, not a big prob, it reboots only when im not using it, always when idle

mi4w (no lte) 3/16gb, same issue, not a big prob, it reboots only when im not using it, always when idle
I can't agree with you, it's a serious problem... when phone reboots you can miss important call, so basic function is not working...

Reactions: jc rey
Someone metioned it was to do with Supersu and marshmallow but who knows.

I have the 2/16gb LTE CT version and have had these standby reboots on every rom I've tried.

Not being totally sure that it's not a problem with the Cancro EU modified builds I flashed the global dev build yesterday, without flashing Supersu, and haven't had a reboot yet. Just a moment ago I updated to the new global 6.7.5 dev build OTA and I'll keep youa all informed.

I have the 2/16gb LTE CT version and have had these standby reboots on every rom I've tried.

Not being totally sure that it's not a problem with the Cancro EU modified builds I flashed the global dev build yesterday, without flashing Supersu, and haven't had a reboot yet. Just a moment ago I updated to the new global 6.7.5 dev build OTA and I'll keep youa all informed.
On kitkat roms too?

I have stable global 6.7.5 without root and the problem continues....

I have stable global 6.7.5 without root and the problem continues....

thanks for the test, I will install it on a mi4 that have not been affected by reboots to test this rom.
I will let my affected Mi4 under 7.1.2 KK reaching 500h then will switch to other tests.

Last edited:
I can't agree with you, it's a serious problem... when phone reboots you can miss important call, so basic function is not working...

100% agree, a phone that reboots is not reliable.

Reactions: NOECUBI
In the last week I tried more than 5 MM stable and dev rom from xiaomi.eu and all of them reebots in idle mode.
I have mi4/16 and I think I will go back to KK because, as you said, the most important function of the phone is dead.
I don`t understand how can the ROM be stable if it gives random reboots?
Also miui8 6.7.7 has the same issue. I don`t know what battery it has.
On kk for one year I had no issues at all, it was a bad ideea to try miui bassed on 6.0.
On KK everythink works fine, no bugs, no crashes, and to be honest, there are no major improvements on miui 7 bassed on 6.0 compared to miui 7 bassed on 4.4. Even the battery is better on 4.4.
The thing is that is not that simple to go back to 4.4 as it is to flash different versions of 6.0 over and over again.
And we all need to have our device`s android version up to date, is 2016 Q3 and we still have to run 4.4?
Why?

In the last week I tried more than 5 MM stable and dev rom from xiaomi.eu and all of them reebots in idle mode.
I have mi4/16 and I think I will go back to KK because, as you said, the most important function of the phone is dead.
I don`t understand how can the ROM be stable if it gives random reboots?
Also miui8 6.7.7 has the same issue. I don`t know what battery it has.
On kk for one year I had no issues at all, it was a bad ideea to try miui bassed on 6.0.
On KK everythink works fine, no bugs, no crashes, and to be honest, there are no major improvements on miui 7 bassed on 6.0 compared to miui 7 bassed on 4.4. Even the battery is better on 4.4.
The thing is that is not that simple to go back to 4.4 as it is to flash different versions of 6.0 over and over again.
And we all need to have our device`s android version up to date, is 2016 Q3 and we still have to run 4.4?
Why?
You are right. Why?
I love xiaomi because the software updates are very fast but I think this problem won't be solved as soon....

I have switched to Cyanogenmod 13, Stable since rom install (3 days) but camera, battery and sensosrs are not realiable as MIUI....

I have switched to Cyanogenmod 13, Stable since rom install (3 days) but camera, battery and sensosrs are not realiable as MIUI....
this is a good test, also if others have some time to test cyanogen 12.1 to see if lollipop is OK w.r.t idele would bring more useful info.

As someone suggested here it could be kernel related so with the stock MM kernel it should reboot also with custom roms (and for me it actually does, CM 13 still reboots).